First Excursion

vmdenn8524

Hello!

I am going on a cruise very soon so I'm really trying to get my packing list straight! I have 2 excursions booked, one of which is zip-lining in Jamaica. I noticed under "what to wear" on the royal caribbean website it says close-toed shoes. Does anyone know if these are suggestions or requirements? I suppose it would be best to bring tennis shoes just in case, but I definitely prefer to wear my chacos!

Thanks!

Hello!

I am going on a cruise very soon so I'm really trying to get my packing list straight! I have 2 excursions booked, one of which is zip-lining in Jamaica. I noticed under "what to wear" on the royal caribbean website it says close-toed shoes. Does anyone know if these are suggestions or requirements? I suppose it would be best to bring tennis shoes just in case, but I definitely prefer to wear my chacos!

Thanks!

Are Chacos closed toe shoes???

DON

Are Chacos closed toe shoes???

DON

I did ask whether their list was a REQUIREMENT or a SUGGESTION... I obviously know if closed toed were REQUIRED chacos would not be allowed. I hike in chacos though, another activity that closed toed shoes would be RECOMMENDED, not REQUIRED. Chacos simply provide more arch support than most tennis shoes I've tried.

Hello!

Thanks!

It's a requirement. Enjoy your zipline!

Hello!

Thanks!

You can wear your chacos on the ship, but for zip-lining, close-toed shoes are REQUIRED.

I did ask whether their list was a REQUIREMENT or a SUGGESTION... I obviously know if closed toed were REQUIRED chacos would not be allowed. I hike in chacos though, another activity that closed toed shoes would be RECOMMENDED, not REQUIRED. Chacos simply provide more arch support than most tennis shoes I've tried.

I should assume therefore Chacos are going to be a no-no and tennis shoes not a very good choice from what you say. Substantial footwear seems to be what they are looking for.

Regards John

Have you tried trail runners? Merrill and Salomon both make great shoes and you can usually find them on sale at rei.

Have you zip lined before? Coming in from 30+ m.p.h. you have to suddenly stop on a platform. Your feet are part of the braking system. You will risk serious injury if you aren't wearing closed toed shoes.

This 100%. Anything they tell you to wear/bring is required. If you show up without them you will be turned away with no refund.