I Belize in MAGIC! MITSUGIRLY revisits the Western Route. My Novel.

mitsugirly

Our hotel...

We originally booked the Country Inn there on Astronaut Blvd. However, Irma had other plans for some of the hotels in that area.

Someone on our roll call said that they received notification that their reservations had been cancelled. Hmmm, I had not received anything either by phone, email or text. Weird. So, I decided to call them and yep, our reservation had been cancelled. Nice of them to tell me about this. I'm now wondering how many people they didn't inform of the closure and showed up to a closed hotel.

I would later learn that, even though the hotel we stayed at was only a few hotels over and had no damage, Country Inn received damage based on the way it was built and the height of the hotel. Country in has their a/c units on the roof and during the hurricane, the a/c units would malfunction or get destroyed and this would cause the water to leak down inside the buildings and destroy the rooms with water damage. Their hotel is 5 stories tall and the Radisson was only 2 stories. Maybe the other hotels around sheltered it? I'm not sure. Our driver gave us this information. I believe the Country Inn and Radisson are affiliated.

We immediately called Residence Inn down the street (relayed to us from our roll call that this is the place everyone was switching to and rooms were filling up very quickly) and were able to snag a suite that would fit all of us and had a bedroom off to the side with 2 beds and also a separate living room area. Perfect. It wasn't a bad price either ($156 plus tax), so we basically split that between our 2 families and made out well!

Radisson Resort at the Port also was known for their amazing pool with waterfalls. I had originally considered booking it, but Country Inn was a little cheaper (before Kendra decided to book).

Radisson will also arrange transportation from the airport in Orlando to the hotel. I checked other places and even checked using Lyft, but once Kendra and the family added this cruise, it was actually cheaper to just book with the hotel.

Transportation is $50 for the first 2 people, then $10 pp after that. So for 7 people, we paid a total of $100.

I did find out that the transportation company the hotel used is the Cocoa Beach Shuttle. For some reason I'm thinking I have used them once before, but I'm not sure. I did go onto their website to get a quote for our family and using the hotel was actually cheaper than booking directly with them.

Once we were done eating at the airport, we called the number listed on our reservation for pick up. As we walked out of the airport, we watched the van pull away. Oops, we had missed them...and several calls from them to let us know they were outside waiting. Well, no worries, another van came along within 10 minutes.

We piled in, I handed out the dirty grandma looks at B to behave himself and we were on the freeway by 4:05pm.

We arrived at the Radisson at 4:50pm.

As we got out of the shuttle, the driver mentioned our return trip back to the airport. Oops, remember how it was such a busy week prior to the cruise? I had completely forgot to book anything from the cruise port to the airport. He immediately did it on the spot and he even came equipped with a credit card machine. Imagine that.

At check in we were given the choice of a first or second floor room and of course I decided on the first floor. No elevators=no B playing on them. Wise choice.

However, our room said 2__ something. Um, ok. I would later find out that the first floor room numbers consisted of 1 and 2's. Weird.

Now here's our room...I really liked it!

PB100030%20copy-L.jpg

See those stools? They are on wheels. Not a good combination with a child like B in the room. They would become race cars by that night. #facepalm.

There was a small kitchen table and area with a refrigerator as well.

PB100031%20copy-L.jpg

Here's the bedroom with 2 queen beds. Very nice. (T.v.'s in both rooms).

PB100026%20copy-L.jpg

French doors led out to the living room area.

PB100027%20copy-L.jpg

The bathroom was off to the side of the bedroom and nicely done.

PB100028%20copy-L.jpg

PB100029%20copy-L.jpg

My hubby said on our trip from Puerto Rico that he would NEVER, never, never, ever, like seriously never...get a room again with Kendra (or should I say B). I thought he would blow his stack when I told him it was happening again AND we were adding another child to the mixture. I told him it was only 1 night and he could put his big boy pants on and handle it...and handle it he did. I was shocked.

Oh my goodness--I have read most or all of all your reviews as you are the person I try to find when I am visiting a port I know you have been on. But I don't always catch them right when you start one. I think your first review was when Sakari was 3--she looks huge now, I can't even believe that is the same little girl!

Anyway, I always enjoy your reviews even though I don't usually comment. I'm looking forward to seeing what all your fam did on this cruise! Congrats to Sakari on the gifted program and I think I read she is scuba diving too now? You must be very proud!

Oh and I think you are in big trouble in about 4 years! :)

It didn't take long before the room looked like this (trust me, it got worse as the night went on). Kendra's room normally looks like a cyclone was in it by the end of her stay.

PB100091%20copy-L.jpg

Here's a few pictures of the hotel. They were taken both that night and the following morning.

PB110102%20copy-L.jpg

PB110104%20copy-L.jpg

Pool area grill and eating tables.

PB110105%20copy-L.jpg

PB110106%20copy-L.jpg

PB100039%20copy-L.jpg

Inside the lobby area:

PB100081%20copy-L.jpg

PB100080%20copy-L.jpg

PB100079%20copy-L.jpg

PB100077%20copy-L.jpg

This is a famous place to take pictures obviously. Everyone on our roll call was taking pictures of this in the lobby and I managed to not run into anyone once. There is obviously another one at one of the other hotels because they were also posting pictures of it.

PB100084%20copy-L.jpg

Outside the lobby and toward the courtyard/pool area.

PB100075%20copy-L.jpg

Entrance to hotel:

PB100082%20copy-L.jpg

PB100083%20copy-L.jpg

Inside the lobby is a restaurant. Notice it says full menu served outside at the Tiki Bar? That's where most were eating at and we would do the same that night.

PB100078%20copy-L.jpg

PB100048%20copy-L.jpg

Now let's get to the pool area and grounds. Very beautiful!

Here's the hot tub...complete with waterfall and yes, this waterfall is HOT!

PB110107%20copy-L.jpg

Well that tree grew weird.

PB110110%20copy-L.jpg

Back side of the pool area had ponds with fish in it.

PB110112%20copy-L.jpg

PB110113%20copy-L.jpg

PB110114%20copy-L.jpg

PB100034%20copy-L.jpg

I'm not sure what these steps were for. I didn't see any type of pool slide. Maybe it was just a viewing type area. However, they had every steps blocked off with a chain to not enter. I can only imagine that some child like B stayed there once and decided to climb all over the rocks and possibly jump into the water or something.

PB100035%20copy-L.jpg

PB100037%20copy-L.jpg

There is a lower level of the pool directly surrounding it. Then there's a wall with the upper area, which includes the dining area and bar. There's a lot of space here.

PB110108%20copy-L.jpg

There's also areas on the opposite side of this waterfall.

Landscaping in between the buildings

PB110115%20copy-L.jpg

PB100090%20copy-L.jpg

PB100089%20copy-L.jpg

PB100042%20copy-L.jpg

PB100040%20copy-L.jpg

PB100032%20copy-L.jpg

PB100033%20copy-L.jpg

PB100036%20copy-L.jpg

Since our bellies were full from eating at the airport, we immediately went into swim/water mode.

Of course this peacock mermaid showed up instantly.

PB100038%20copy-L.jpg

The kids and us girls swam and the guys pretty much hung out at the tables and bar area.

Kam decided to go in with Sakari's old puddle jumper (some may remember this from back when Sakari was 3 years old up to about 6 or so on the cruises for safety even though she learned to swim when she was 3. It's in many reviews and I have definitely got my money's worth out of it). It's been around for quite some time now. Kam gets most of Sakari's hand-me-downs from bathing suits and clothes to the puddle jumper. LOL

PB100046%20copy-L.jpg

Kam is sorta like B, if Kendra is around B acts up. If he's just with me, not so much. Kam is a crybaby/whinny girl when it comes to "momma", but not so much with me.

She wouldn't let Kendra let go of her in the pool. Mamaw took her and Kendra dipped out of her site super fast.

PB100047%20copy-L.jpg

It wasn't too long before I had that girl in the water, letting go of me and kicking her feet to get somewhere. I worked with her a lot that night.

Kendra was super proud to get this picture of Kam not holding on...but you can tell she was a little scared.

PB100052%20copy-L.jpg

PB100059%20copy-L.jpg

PB100061%20copy-L.jpg

I have to say it was a little chilly out. But the water felt warm and the hot tub really hot. If you got out of the water, you quickly wanted back in to keep warm.

PB100069%20copy-L.jpg

So, we honestly spent 3 1/2 hours in the pool that night. I wasn't sure my fingers were ever going to go back to it's original form pre-pool experience.

The pool is heated for those wondering.

The guys decided they were hungry again and we ordered some wings and shrimp from the Tiki Bar.

PB100076%20copy-L.jpg

PB100073%20copy-L.jpg

It was pretty good and filling enough.

We had several drinks and several "sodas" as well.

PB100085%20copy-L.jpg

They had a live musician playing in this courtyard and made it nice to sit back and relax and watch the kids swim half the night.

They do have a "kiddie" pool but it was ICE COLD!

PB100086%20copy-L.jpg

PB100087%20copy-L.jpg

PB100088%20copy-L.jpg

We were finally able to drag the kids out of the pool and headed back to the room to get dressed and warm.

Meanwhile....Sakari decided to yank a tooth out that had been wiggly for awhile. Like can't you do that when you are home? I convinced her the tooth fairy doesn't travel well and she's stuck back in Ohio with her wings frozen.

PB100092%20copy-L.jpg

We decided to walk over to the Raceway gas station for some pop and snacks. I was about 99.89% sure we needed to head out and down the street to the left. However, Kendra put it in her phones gps and had us going to the right...then circle around and....wait a minute, why am I listening to her?

We turned around and headed back in the direction I originally said it was in and soon came to the gas station. We grabbed our 3 cartons and some snacks for the night, paid for them and then put them in our rolling luggage just for this occasion and headed back.

Back at the hotel, we talked for a little bit, watched some t.v. and headed to bed around 11:30pm...where that would be all that I did that night (head to bed) because I didn't sleep a wink thanks to Billy snoring, being too hot or too cold at any given point, and an alarm on the nightstand that started going off over and over that Billys phone was sitting on to charge and I was just so uncomfortable in a strange bed. Then throw the excitement on top of that. I can never sleep the night before a cruise.

After about the 4th time of this loud beeping sound coming from the nightstand happened, I decided to get up at 6:30am and throw it out the window. Just kidding...I couldn't get the window open. I would later find out that B is the one who set the alarm by pushing the buttons the night before and said "I didn't know what it did so I put it on 6". Yea right B.

Yay! Another mitsugirly review! Following

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello and thanks for following.

Nice to be following your review again!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you. Glad to have you here.

Hi all!

Kim ~ so nice to catch your review from the beginning!! I wondered when we'd see Kendra's little girl & now we will. What a cutie pie! Yikes, she's not like her auntie as regards water is she?!!clear.png?emoji-eek-1725

Like you I first tried Carnival in 2013 & love it too.

Looking forward to your usual long, detailed fun review!

~ Jo ~ clear.png?emoji-smile-1742

ps I did Escape & Conquest in October & both were great!

Hi there "already retired". Glad to have you here. So happy to hear you enjoyed the Escape & Conquest. Sakari keeps telling me she wants to go on the Escape now.

Patiently waiting for more! I always enjoy your reviews. The time and detail you put into them is really appreciated!

Thank you and glad you enjoy them. They are a lot of work.

Yayyyy!

My prayers have been answered! Lol

Looking forward to enjoying my afternoons with mitsugirly reviews and pictures.

So glad to have you here! I'm still loving your name as always!

Following - I have been watching for your new review. Thanks for doing them they are awesome

Hi and thanks for joining. I hope you enjoy this one too.

Hi Kim, it's great to see you back with another review! I've been waiting to tell you that when we were on Escape in October, DH and I went to Little French Key for our day in Roatan. Thank you so much for recommending them. We loved our day there, seeing the animals, drinking Monkey La Las (me clear.png?emoji-cool-1690) and enjoying the beautiful water. I would happily go back and I'll also be interested to see what you planned for your day in Roatan this time around. BTW, we loved the Escape.

HIYA HEATHER! Good to see you.

So glad you enjoyed LFK. It's an amazing and beautiful place isn't it? Another person who loved the Escape. That's awesome. I need to book it hehe

Yay!!... New Mitsugirly review!!

What a great way to start this week!... Thanks Kim!... looking forward to reading your adventures!

Aww, thanks and glad you are here.

Hey there! You know I'll be following along, I just love your reviews!!!

Yippee, glad you are here girlfriend.

The beginning of a Mitsugirly review and the middle of a Jamman review. clear.png?emoji-thumbsup-927clear.png?emoji-thumbsup-927How did I get so lucky!!! Glad to have you back. Congrats on your new GD. Sakari looks so pretty and grown up!

Hi there Karen! So glad you are here. I know, Sakari is just getting so tall. She's growing up on me....tear.

We were on this same cruise, anxious to hear your take on things. Actually enjoy reading all of your reviews and have picked up some great advice from you regarding port excursions. Want to thank-you for all the detail with LFK in Roatan from previous reviews, we went there on this cruise and had a wonderful time (despite the iffy weather). But would definitely go back when we could enjoy it longer. It was a great cruise for us also and really enjoyed the Magic.

Hi there and thanks for coming to read this one too, even though you were on the same cruise.

So glad you liked LFK. I heard that it was great weather there that day (not for us on the other side of the island).

Following...

Thanks

I finally caught a Mitsugirly review at the beginning! Can't wait to hear your adventures!

LOL, a lot of people are saying this. Glad you are here.

Yeah, a Mitsugirly review!!!! Sakari is growing up so quickly!

She is isn't she? Glad to have you here.

WOOOHOOOO!!! Love you reviews!! Between the pics the review itself both are fabulous, I feel we here at CC have seen your little girl grow up through the yrs as well, (they seem to do that too fast, lol). We'll be taking our girls on The Magic at Christmas this yr and Doing the Western as well. So we've been reading and watching Youtube videos since we booked it to pass the time. Can't wait to read the rest of your review.

Well show some enthusiasm please. hehe Just kidding and glad you are excited. Oh yes, everyone has seen her grow up over the last 6 years. It's crazy to look back at my old reviews and see her so small...still doing the same things she does now.

Looking forward to your review!

Thanks

Yay! Love your reviews!

Thanks and glad you enjoy them.

Following

Thanks

Did I miss the post about what ship and sailing dates?

I hope not...the ship name is in the title. ;)

We were on the Magic on November 11-18th

woohoo I'm here to follow along.

Can't believe how much Sakari is growing before your/our very eyes!

Glad to have you. It's sad how quickly they grow up right?

So excited for your review!

Thanks and I'm glad to hear it.

So excited for another review! And WOW has Sakari grown up!! I can't believe how much older she looks in these pictures than in the last review you posted. She's still so beautiful

Thanks so much. Yes, she is definitely getting big. Really? You think she looks a lot older since the last? Maybe it's because my last actual cruise review was from March/April because we ended up doing a 10 day Aruba land vaca this summer and I didn't do my normal review. Thanks for the compliments.

Enjoying the beautiful photos.

Why thank you so much.

YES!!! I finally can catch a review as you begin it!! Your reviews are not long...they are epic!! Its like going on an adventure of a life time!!

I am excited to once again to live vicariously through your travels!

Haha...Epic. They are novels for sure. So glad to have you here.

Oh my goodness--I have read most or all of all your reviews as you are the person I try to find when I am visiting a port I know you have been on. But I don't always catch them right when you start one. I think your first review was when Sakari was 3--she looks huge now, I can't even believe that is the same little girl!

Anyway, I always enjoy your reviews even though I don't usually comment. I'm looking forward to seeing what all your fam did on this cruise! Congrats to Sakari on the gifted program and I think I read she is scuba diving too now? You must be very proud!

Oh and I think you are in big trouble in about 4 years!

Aww, how nice of you to say. I'm glad I'm somewhat helpful when you need it. Yep, my first review with Sakari was when she was 3 and they have just grown (along with her) each time.

Thanks for commenting. I'm glad you took the time and I appreciate you being here.

Yes, she became a certified PADI Seal last October (I think it was) and has been scuba diving every month since and now has 4 ocean dives completed as well. Her last class here is next week and she'll become a Master PADI Seal. Oh the joy.

Hey Kim! Glad to see you starting your review. Looking forward to your take on the Magic! :cool:

I hear you have one going as well. I'll have to catch up to yours soon too!

Following! I'll be on her Saturday! Can't wait!!

I hope you have a wonderful time.

I'm following along as we're on this same ship/agenda next year.

Hi, glad to have you here. I hope you have a wonderful time on this ship/agenda next year (and hopefully better weather than we had). :D

DAY 1: Getting on the ship

So like I said, I was up at 6:30am thanks to B setting this alarm on the nightstand.

I allowed everyone to sleep in a little longer and then it was time to wake the crowd. If momma can't sleep, others shouldn't be allowed either right?

Everyone was up and getting ready and it started........the rain. Ugh! I just knew it. I had been checking the weather faithfully, prior to leaving for the cruise, and it said rain all week. Rain in Florida, thunderstorms every day in port, rain when we returned. Rain, rain, rain and raining it was. Just great!

By the time everyone was almost ready, I looked outside and seen this:

PB110094%20copy-L.jpg

I was really hoping this was a good sign of the cruise to come.

PB110096%20copy-L.jpg

I know the Caribbean can get rain...sometimes daily, and it never last very long. However, this wasn't a forecast for just rain or showers...it was THUNDERSTORMS in the forecast. Ugh! Well we had just experienced our first rain and on the day of embarkation. Just great.

I was hungry and had heard people mention there was a restaurant next door called Zachary's. I looked them up online and seen that they served breakfast and I gathered my clan and we headed next door.

PB110101%20copy-L.jpg

When we arrived, there was an older woman that passed by us a few times without acknowledgement. She finally came back after we had been standing there awhile and said to "come this way" only to tell us to "hold on". She's in the picture rearranging the items on the table. It was already cleaned, so no clue why she felt the need to arrange it. As you can tell, it wasn't very busy.

PB110097%20copy-L.jpg

It took us forever to actually be seated. It was odd and she was somewhat rude with her comments and attitude/voice. I'm not sure why.

Billy wanted lunch, but she said "no lunch, we are serving breakfast". We ordered our breakfast and then noticed a couple sitting that came about 10 minutes after we did and they....were....eating....lunch! Um, ok.

Now on to our food. It took awhile before it came out and when it did, it was a mixture of uncooked to over cooked food. My food was ok, but there were a lot of over cooked hashbrowns that were too hard to chew.

PB110098%20copy-L.jpg

PB110100%20copy-L.jpg