Club Class wait Not Acceptable

cruzsnooze

Just got off the caribbean Princess and she has major problems with speed and shortened port times but the issue that was unacceptable was pagers for Club Class with a 25 minute wait. I was under the impression the CC was a minimal wait. They stated that everyone wanted to eat at the same time that night. Well wasn't that the issue with the MDR and why CC was introduced for a fee to avoid the wait times.

Even with Celebrity’s Aqua Class, you can still expect to wait at peak times, even though many seem to think you can walk in at any time without a wait.

From my understanding, CC is very similar to AQ. Maybe they were short staffed?

Just got off the caribbean Princess and she has major problems with speed and shortened port times but the issue that was unacceptable was pagers for Club Class with a 25 minute wait. I was under the impression the CC was a minimal wait. They stated that everyone wanted to eat at the same time that night. Well wasn't that the issue with the MDR and why CC was introduced for a fee to avoid the wait times.

How many times did it happen??

Tony

Even with Celebrity’s Aqua Class, you can still expect to wait at peak times, even though many seem to think you can walk in at any time without a wait.

From my understanding, CC is very similar to AQ. Maybe they were short staffed?

That is not the promise on the Princess web site:

"Take advantage of Club Class Dining, featuring expedited seating with no wait, special menu options, dedicated waitstaff and tableside preparations."

Any wait at any meal is not expected to happen.

That is not the promise on the Princess web site:

"Take advantage of Club Class Dining, featuring expedited seating with no wait, special menu options, dedicated waitstaff and tableside preparations."

Any wait at any meal is not expected to happen.

They should not promise something that they can’t deliver, especially with the exorbitant upcharge. I’d be mad, too.

I had club class dining on Emerald. Only one night was there a small wait. This was the night we arrived in Victoria BC; you dock at 5pm and depart at 11pm. So everyone on the ship wanted to eat dinner prior to departing the ship. ClubClass and the Main Dining room that was part of club class were both backed up. We waited maybe five minutes to be seated; and the Hostess explained why there was a wait.

I was on the Panama Canal cruise on the Caribbean Princess from January 27th through February 6th. We never had to wait more than a couple of minutes for a table in Club Class for lunch or dinner. When we did wait, it was usually just for them to clear and reset a table.

If a long wait happened only once because of specific port or event timing, I would understand it. Princess cannot change tables from early traditional to Club Class at the last minute, since the early traditional tables are all booked. If it happened more than once, then I would be concerned.

Don’t just whine about something you don’t like, offer a solution. What do you want the cruise line to do to solve your perceived problem? My solution would be to insert the word “usually” in front of the words “no waiting”. Nobody is ever starved on a cruise ship and if your life onboard can’t stand a few minutes of waiting you are living your life wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Don’t just whine about something you don’t like, offer a solution. What do you want the cruise line to do to solve your perceived problem? My solution would be to insert the word “usually” in front of the words “no waiting”. Nobody is ever starved on a cruise ship and if your life onboard can’t stand a few minutes of waiting you are living your life wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

WOW, just WOW!!! Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning or didn't get any last night!

I don't see people whining about a 5 minute wait in their posts. But it is not right for Princess to advertise something that they can't deliver. A 25 minute wait violates the spirit of what was promised and what these people paid a lot for. Club Class dining has been heavily promoted as having dedicated wait staff, additional choices at dinner, tableside preparation, and no waiting. If we appeared and were told, "It will be just a minute," I'd be fine. If I were handed a pager and told it would be 15+ minutes, I'm not getting what was paid for and promised. Whether that 15 minute wait matters to me or not depends on my plans for the rest of the evening.

I know! Sending a hug your way. Let's keep this in perspective. During a busy period everyone must wait. Paying extra doesn't change time or build more tables. Seeing some rich guy put on a free show would be priceless thou. Never want to be that person. I know the OP did not make a scene. I know everyone in suites and CC are not rich and my have saved to be there. Understood you did not get what you were promised but 9 times out of 10 you do get what you pay for. Getting a pager is wine time. I believe everyone in the dinning area is trying to do the best they can. Hope I didn't upset anyone, but they are one blessed person to be in Club Class.

OP never did come back and say if this was a one-time or repeated. If one time, I say "chalk it up". If it happened repeatedly then is seems a fair issue to raise with Maitre d' or passenger services - then it's fair to come on CC and describe the situation and Princess response.

.....but the issue that was unacceptable was pagers for Club Class with a 25 minute wait. I was under the impression the CC was a minimal wait. They stated that everyone wanted to eat at the same time that night. W

Reading all the comments it seems the OP is in a very small minority of people who have had such a wait. Perhaps a little more information might get a little more sympathy.

First off, no sympathy needed. I merely reported a what I experienced the cruise i disembarked Yesterday. It was one time that pagers were issued. A short wait would not problematic but PAGERS in Club Class rubbed me wrong. If you time your dinner around shows and events then you throw all this off. Out of the ten nights I only did Club Class 7 times so it was 1/7 th or 14.49 % of the nights. The service was excellent when seated and there was an extra dish every night we dined in CC. They cannot expand CC into the anytime dining room by merely adding a grey tablecloth. The staff would be spread to thin to give the excellent service they give. Dining in Club Class is faster then the MDR which I liked very much. A 6 PM dinner allowed you to do other activities after dinner like the early show. Dinner typically took 60-70 minutes.

I've got to address the comment about being blessed to do suites or CC. It's not a blessing, it's ambition to work and save and live below my means, for decades so I could retire comfortably. It isn't anything handed to me and not as obscure as a blessing, but then again I'm agnostic. If it's a blessing when something good happens do you believe it's a punishment when something bad like cancer happens? WHEW, had to vent that one.

Hey CruzSnooze,

We crossed paths once, I seem to remember it was a 7-day Mexican Riviera cruise on the NCL Jewel in Jan 2016.

Hope you have been doing well.

Just ignore the posters with the snarky remarks, too many people like to hide behind the anonymity that the interet

provides, most of them wouldn't have the gall to say those comments in a face to face situation. But I don't need to

tell you that, you have plenty more experience on here than I do.

Take care of yourself and be well.

Fred