Silhouette Cruise Director

davewg59

A long shot..... but does anyone know who will be the CD on Silhouette 9th-23rd September?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Right now it seems it is Sue Denning - someone put up a spreadsheet with details for each ship on it. There is though something written after Sue's name which I cannot read/decipher.... so I don't know if she will still be with the Silhouette..... I hope she is as she is very approachable and evident around the ship. The couple of cruises we have done with different CDs were very different.

If you are on that sailing why not pop to the roll call board - it isn't the busiest of roll calls but we are putting together a cabin crawl where people volunteer to let others see what their cabins are like - so we have an inside, a balcony, a concierge, an aqua and 2 suites :)

Here is a link to the roll call..... some folks are arranging private tours..... and others provide information from previous experience. We are also having a sail away meet up as the ship leaves Southampton..... drinks at the Sunset Bar...... :)

Right now it seems it is Sue Denning - someone put up a spreadsheet with details for each ship on it. There is though something written after Sue's name which I cannot read/decipher.... so I don't know if she will still be with the Silhouette..... I hope she is as she is very approachable and evident around the ship. The couple of cruises we have done with different CDs were very different.

If you are on that sailing why not pop to the roll call board - it isn't the busiest of roll calls but we are putting together a cabin crawl where people volunteer to let others see what their cabins are like - so we have an inside, a balcony, a concierge, an aqua and 2 suites :)

Here is a link to the roll call..... some folks are arranging private tours..... and others provide information from previous experience. We are also having a sail away meet up as the ship leaves Southampton..... drinks at the Sunset Bar...... :)

Thank you. Yes what is written after Sue’s name is v unclear. I hope it is her

Right now it seems it is Sue Denning - someone put up a spreadsheet with details for each ship on it. There is though something written after Sue's name which I cannot read/decipher....

I read that as the date she is on until. Looking at the upcoming sailings for Silhouette I'd say she's on at the moment until 21st July. That's how I interpret it anyway.

He is nowhere near as good as Sue. Im disappointed

I'm with you Dave! I have sailed a good few times with Sue and she is a force majeure around the ship. Where she gets her energy from I will never know. She is approachable, often funny and professional in what she does. On one cruise apart from a couple of stage introductions....we never saw the CD...he was the "invisible man" I don't want holiday camp stuff but Sue would be there to see you off the ship on trips and would be there welcoming hot and tired people back. She would always speak to people on her way through public areas..... she made you feel like welcome guest for Celebrity. I always said she should take up training CDs when she finally decides to hang up her heels !

Different CDs appeal to different people. There are people who absolutely love Richard Spacey and I am not a fan. I have been on two cruises with Sue, but Eddie is by far the cruise director that I enjoyed the most.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When my mom & i were on in 2013, it was Patty Hojnacki (sp?) and she was a hoot. Mom's maiden name is the same with different spelling so they had a discussion over whether or not they were related.

Sue

Agree that you are in luck if Sue is the CD. Wife and I had sailed about 10 times and really never thought much about the CD even though some were more memorable than others. At the end of the day we just never thought they individually impacted a cruise all that much personality wise and how visible they were. I always figured, and still believe mostly, that a great deal of what makes a CD great or so-so occurs behind the scenes. We had Sue as CD on a 14 day Eclipse in Nov./Dec. 2017. When we got off my wife and I both said that was the first time we ever loved a CD and felt we would love to sail under her again. Before that we never felt anything other than general amusement at some of them. A fellow named Max on Costa comes to mind. We would actually factor Sue being a CD into whether we would select a certain cruise over another. She was that good.

We disembarked the Silhouette this morning. While aboard I ask Sue what her plans were. She said she will leave the ship after the cruise that left today on vacation and return to the Silhouette in November. She was very visible throughout our cruise.

It will be Eddie Jenkins. He is fabulous!

He s the best we have had. He does his job and doesn’t try to be the celebrity or the show.

His various seminars that he does are very good and entertaining. The last one that he does is well worth attending that is about cruise life, the input and job of a CD and his personal experience.

I told him that he is almost as good as Ed Sullivan but not as bad.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Different CDs appeal to different people. There are people who absolutely love Richard Spacey and I am not a fan. I have been on two cruises with Sue, but Eddie is by far the cruise director that I enjoyed the most.

Sent from my iPad using Forums[/quote

Love Hedd Wyn AKA Eddie Jenkins.

Love you plus look at my socks. Gets old.

I am woneeding when Sue will go in for shoulder surgery from patting herself on the back. She may be visible but is always in a rush with only enough time to tell you how busy she is.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• 2 weeks later...
We disembarked the Silhouette this morning. While aboard I ask Sue what her plans were. She said she will leave the ship after the cruise that left today on vacation and return to the Silhouette in November. She was very visible throughout our cruise.

I hope that she does return in November. Somehow we always seem to sail on ships just after she leaves or just before she returns. It'd be interesting to see if she lives up to the hype.:) We've sailed with Eddie Jenkins before, so we'll be good if he's there as well.

The long hours go with the job. Some CD like to let everyone know just how hard they work. I loved Eddie Jenkins comment on this. He told us that people often tell him how hard he works. He agrees that he works long hours, but since his father (or maybe it was his grandfather) worked in a coal mine, he really doesn’t believe that he should ever say that his job involves hard work.

The long hours go with the job. Some CD like to let everyone know just how hard they work. I loved Eddie Jenkins comment on this. He told us that people often tell him how hard he works. He agrees that he works long hours, but since his father (or maybe it was his grandfather) worked in a coal mine, he really doesn’t believe that he should ever say that his job involves hard work.

Or when his dad asked him after seeing him playing games with the passengers if he actually gets paid to do that.

Happy cruising. 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

We were on Eclipse last Easter. Eddie Jenkins was not quite what I expected in a cruise director... I guess I expected someone younger perhaps more high energy. But he was one of the funniest and engaging people I have come across. It has been months since that cruise... but I still remember him and Guiseppi. What a great team... I found myself making sure to watch their morning updates. I have not had any bad cruise directors... but to be honest he is the only one I remember months later.

I don’t have the broad experience with CD’s that many of you have, but of the five I’ve encountered, Dru Pavlov stands out. He was simply fabulous. As for the other four, I barely recall Lisa Richards, but I found Sue Denning, Chris Sweets, and Martin Breuls excellent in their individual ways. I thought Martin sometimes overplayed his humor a bit, but he was definitely energetic and entertaining.

• 1 month later...