Grades of mini suites on P & O Oceana

pamela17

Have you thought about the mini suites at the aft of the ship. The one on C deck was the same size as our suite without the dividing cupboards between the living area and the bedroom. It looked very spacious.
I am afraid they are always booked out whenever I look!

It always seems odd to me that the aft mini suites on Oceana are priced lower than the midship ones. The aft minisuites are our favourite mini suites out of all P&O's fleet, particularly the ones on C deck. (The suites at the aft are wonderful!) The aft minis are very different from the midship ones. The midship ones are like two balcony cabins joined together so the balcony is very narrow and long. Internally the mini has a sitting area with an adjoining bath, shower, toilet etc. and then the bedroom area. The only real advantage, as far as I can see is that the midship minis have a separate shower which the aft ones don't. If you look at the plan of the minisuite on the P&O website that is the layout of a midship mini - it's not the layout of those at the aft.

The aft minis, and I speak really of those on C deck as that's the ones we've always had, are as follows - you walk in to a sort of hallway and on your left there is a door into the toilet (this is the layout of C747, the one on the other side, C744, is the other way round) then you continue on down and the cabin opens out. Turning to the left is the sleeping area with a dressing table and TV above. There is also the door to the bathroom and the door to the walk in wardrobe. In the bathroom, which is large, is a jacuzzi bath with shower over, large basin area with cubpboards and a door into the toilet - so the toilet can be accessed from the bathroom or from the hallway.

Back in the cabin if you turn to the right is the sitting area. There is a three seater settee and two chairs with coffee table. On the right hand wall is a large unit with a sink, a cupboard with lots of glasses and the fridge. The balcony, although it is cut out of the hull is very deep and large, we've had 10 people out there. There is a chair with, I think 4 chairs (not sure about that) two lounger chairs and two steamer chairs, plus a small table.

The midship minis are charged more, I assume, because they are midship and midship cabins are usually more expensive than aft ones. We love the aft minis on Oceana and are in C747 again next September. You do often have to book early to get one but it's worth it. Sometimes though they do become vacant so always worth checking. We wouldn't go in a midship mini and pay more for the privilege though some people obviously do like them. Hope this helps.

I just had a peek in to the mini suite one day. I didn't see the bathroom so I hadn't realised there wasn't a separate shower in the mini-suite which there is in the suite which I do prefer. I did think that apart from the suite having a much larger balcony and of course a butler, it was much better value for money.

It always seems odd to me that the aft mini suites on Oceana are priced lower than the midship ones. The aft minisuites are our favourite mini suites out of all P&O's fleet, particularly the ones on C deck. (The suites at the aft are wonderful!) The aft minis are very different from the midship ones. The midship ones are like two balcony cabins joined together so the balcony is very narrow and long. Internally the mini has a sitting area with an adjoining bath, shower, toilet etc. and then the bedroom area. The only real advantage, as far as I can see is that the midship minis have a separate shower which the aft ones don't. If you look at the plan of the minisuite on the P&O website that is the layout of a midship mini - it's not the layout of those at the aft.

The aft minis, and I speak really of those on C deck as that's the ones we've always had, are as follows - you walk in to a sort of hallway and on your left there is a door into the toilet (this is the layout of C747, the one on the other side, C744, is the other way round) then you continue on down and the cabin opens out. Turning to the left is the sleeping area with a dressing table and TV above. There is also the door to the bathroom and the door to the walk in wardrobe. In the bathroom, which is large, is a jacuzzi bath with shower over, large basin area with cubpboards and a door into the toilet - so the toilet can be accessed from the bathroom or from the hallway.

Back in the cabin if you turn to the right is the sitting area. There is a three seater settee and two chairs with coffee table. On the right hand wall is a large unit with a sink, a cupboard with lots of glasses and the fridge. The balcony, although it is cut out of the hull is very deep and large, we've had 10 people out there. There is a chair with, I think 4 chairs (not sure about that) two lounger chairs and two steamer chairs, plus a small table.

The midship minis are charged more, I assume, because they are midship and midship cabins are usually more expensive than aft ones. We love the aft minis on Oceana and are in C747 again next September. You do often have to book early to get one but it's worth it. Sometimes though they do become vacant so always worth checking. We wouldn't go in a midship mini and pay more for the privilege though some people obviously do like them. Hope this helps.

I hope my midships B deck mini suite has a separate shower. I cannot abide scrambling over a bath to have a shower....awful

Yes I am having the same thought! We have booked an aft mini suite (B748 I think from memory) for the Arabian Gulf in March 2019! We also hate scrambling over a bath ledge!! Actually I just looked on the virtual tour part of the ship on the website and it says the mini suites do have a separate shower....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Elviex

Yes I am having the same thought! We have booked an aft mini suite (B748 I think from memory) for the Arabian Gulf in March 2019! We also hate scrambling over a bath ledge!! Actually I just looked on the virtual tour part of the ship on the website and it says the mini suites do have a separate shower....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

. However I have read somewhere that the Aft Mini suites have wonderful balconies but do NOT have walk in shower! Maybe some else knows better!

I can say that the aft minis on C deck definitely do not have a walk in shower, it's over the bath. However, we feel that the advantage of having a much larger sleeping and sitting area - much larger than the midship minis - and a hugely larger balcony more than makes up for not having a separate shower. The bathroom itself is quite large too, so is the walk in wardrobe which also has a trouser press, the safe and, last time we were in there an iron and ironing board - don't know if that's still the case.

I can say that the aft minis on C deck definitely do not have a walk in shower, it's over the bath. However, we feel that the advantage of having a much larger sleeping and sitting area - much larger than the midship minis - and a hugely larger balcony more than makes up for not having a separate shower. The bathroom itself is quite large too, so is the walk in wardrobe which also has a trouser press, the safe and, last time we were in there an iron and ironing board - don't know if that's still the case.
Thank you Annie for that definitive answer! That clears it up!