P&O sold Adonia but will not give us our deposits back on a Back to Back cruise.

Calpespain

Having visited our TA today we were informed by TA our refund of deposit was sent to our TA last Friday. Good job we visited today or wonder when we would have been informed by TA that P&O had authorised deposit to be returned back into my account. Hope everyone else had a speedy return of deposit.

Having visited our TA today we were informed by TA our refund of deposit was sent to our TA last Friday. Good job we visited today or wonder when we would have been informed by TA that P&O had authorised deposit to be returned back into my account. Hope everyone else had a speedy return of deposit.

Still waiting

As of this morning, Wed 4/10, my T/A has not been informed of sale of Adonia and subsequent cancellation of our two cruises. Well only informed by me, and that is good not enough. The T/A wants formal notification from P&O but has not got it yet.

As as I said before, this has been handled badly by those who we had faith in and who gladly took our large cruise deposits.:evilsmile:

As of this morning, Wed 4/10, my T/A has not been informed of sale of Adonia and subsequent cancellation of our two cruises. Well only informed by me, and that is good not enough. The T/A wants formal notification from P&O but has not got it yet.

As as I said before, this has been handled badly by those who we had faith in and who gladly took our large cruise deposits.:evilsmile:

Still the same with ours too, so badly handled

Hilarious email back from P&O with some spelling errors in it pointing out that as I used a cruise agent if I want to cancel my booking they have to cancel it not me. As far as I am concerned P&O are the ones cancelling the booking - not me.

(I do of course take the point about the agent)

My T/A had received my refund but could not refund me UNTIL I CANCELLED a Adonia cruise already cancelled P&O. Whilst awaiting the refund I have been informed "THE REFUND WILL BE MADE WITHOUT CHARGE"

My T/A had received my refund but could not refund me UNTIL I CANCELLED a Adonia cruise already cancelled P&O. Whilst awaiting the refund I have been informed "THE REFUND WILL BE MADE WITHOUT CHARGE"

I am still waiting on my refund.

But I agree that it us galling to be told that the passenger or their agent must cancel the booking - P&O CANCELLED THE BOOKING

My agent contacted me today by E Mail, P&O are forwarding a letter soon, with my options. No options as far as I am concerned, I just want my deposit refund.:evilsmile:

As for gadabout60's post, agent/pax to cancel, don't do it or you will probably be hit with a cancellation fee. In this instance it is the responsibility of the carrier P&O to cancel the booking without penalty. That is the way I see it anyway.:rolleyes: I mean, no ship - no cruise !!!

My agent contacted me today by E Mail, P&O are forwarding a letter soon, with my options. No options as far as I am concerned, I just want my deposit refund.:evilsmile:

As for gadabout60's post, agent/pax to cancel, don't do it or you will probably be hit with a cancellation fee. In this instance it is the responsibility of the carrier P&O to cancel the booking without penalty. That is the way I see it anyway.:rolleyes: I mean, no ship - no cruise !!!

We actually received an email from P&O today...... it took them long enough, they refer to a letter they sent me , not received. A$250 (approx 150 pounds) each future cruise credit, if we dont book another cruise by 27th October our deposit will be credited back to us.

We still havent made definite plans yet, but its looking like Arcadia J805, so we'll use the credit, theres just not any others that fit in our time frame

We actually received an email from P&O today...... it took them long enough, they refer to a letter they sent me , not received. A$250 (approx 150 pounds) each future cruise credit, if we dont book another cruise by 27th October our deposit will be credited back to us.

We still havent made definite plans yet, but its looking like Arcadia J805, so we'll use the credit, theres just not any others that fit in our time frame

Got the same E Mail from P&O World Cruising which is Carnival Australia. No letter received. And then they only mentioned 1 cruise and we deposited on 2. :evilsmile:

• 4 weeks later...

Well, sorry to bore you again, but here we are 5 weeks after announcement of Adonia sale and cancellation of booked cruises. Still not received our deposits back for Adonia cruises D812/D813, despite pleas to our agent and P&O. I don't want to transfer deposit to another P&O Cruise I said, just refund my almost $2000 deposits.!

So, any other cancelled Adonia cruisers out there still awaiting their deposits?

As I said before this is a disaster.

Well, sorry to bore you again, but here we are 5 weeks after announcement of Adonia sale and cancellation of booked cruises. Still not received our deposits back for Adonia cruises D812/D813, despite pleas to our agent and P&O. I don't want to transfer deposit to another P&O Cruise I said, just refund my almost $2000 deposits.!

So, any other cancelled Adonia cruisers out there still awaiting their deposits?

Thanks for the update.

What are P&O actually saying to you, are they giving any intelligent reason why? It is your money and they should have returned it long before now.

Got ours sorted eventually but they insisted on cancellation invoices for flights/hotels even though we'd sent the original bookings which clearly stated they were non refundable but wouldn't reimburse us without them being cancelled

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

Well here we are again, still awaiting our Adonia refunds due to sale of ship, more than 6 weeks after announcement of sale to Azamara.

After several enquiries with P&O and our agent..the latest story is...P&O held onto our almost $2000 deposits until after 27 October, hoping we would transfer our deposits to another cruise, no sir, I said, please send it back to us. Then last week I contact P&O again, they tell me they are sending it 'this week to our agent.' So last Friday, my agent contacts me and says 'can we have your bank details so as we can refund your deposits'. So I did. Tuesday, get the same request. Today, am still waiting, so I contact agent yesterday and they say 'our finance dept is working on your refund.' Now if I was on a ship right now I would jump overboard.

I trust all the other thousands of Adonia cruisers who had their cruises cancelled have received their deposits back by now.

So for us, bye bye P&O, bye bye Agent (when we get our deposits back !!) As I said a month or so ago, all a shambles.

So I might let you know when we get our money, if I am still on the planet.:evilsmile:

I didn’t have a cruise booked on Adonia but just wanted to say how appalling it is you haven’t got your money back yet! It’s not like it was just a small amount either.

Really hope you get it back soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well here we are again, still awaiting our Adonia refunds due to sale of ship, more than 6 weeks after announcement of sale to Azamara.

After several enquiries with P&O and our agent..the latest story is...P&O held onto our almost $2000 deposits until after 27 October, hoping we would transfer our deposits to another cruise, no sir, I said, please send it back to us. Then last week I contact P&O again, they tell me they are sending it 'this week to our agent.' So last Friday, my agent contacts me and says 'can we have your bank details so as we can refund your deposits'. So I did. Tuesday, get the same request. Today, am still waiting, so I contact agent yesterday and they say 'our finance dept is working on your refund.' Now if I was on a ship right now I would jump overboard.

I trust all the other thousands of Adonia cruisers who had their cruises cancelled have received their deposits back by now.

So for us, bye bye P&O, bye bye Agent (when we get our deposits back !!) As I said a month or so ago, all a shambles.

So I might let you know when we get our money, if I am still on the planet.:evilsmile:

Please tell me you have received your full refund due in to your bank account!

Please tell me you have received your full refund due in to your bank account!

Hi Marion, well, after 7 weeks of waiting for P&O and our agent. Our deposit refunds on cancelled Adonia cruises x 2, due to ship sale, arrived today, Monday 13 Nov. We only got what we paid them, no extras for CC charges, interest etc.:evilsmile:

To say I am cranky with both P&O and the Agent, is an understatement, it was me chasing them all the time. :evilsmile: To wait 7 weeks with little explanation is unacceptable.

Thanks to all on here for their interest and support.:D Happy Cruising.

Hi Marion, well, after 7 weeks of waiting for P&O and our agent. Our deposit refunds on cancelled Adonia cruises x 2, due to ship sale, arrived today, Monday 13 Nov. We only got what we paid them, no extras for CC charges, interest etc.:evilsmile:

To say I am cranky with both P&O and the Agent, is an understatement, it was me chasing them all the time. :evilsmile: To wait 7 weeks with little explanation is unacceptable.

Delighted to hear the good news re your overdue refund. A letter of apology from P&O(UK) wouldn't go astray.

I hope P&O(UK) have put systems in place so this kind of unreasonable delay doesn't happen again next time they sell a ship from under their pre-paid passengers.

And yes, P&O(UK) is now off my wish list.

Happy for you that they finally gave you your money back.

It was disgraceful it took so long.

Its appalling that it took so long. Wonder what would have happened if you hadn't pushed

I really think P&O have come out very badly over the whole Adonia business. Theres a relatively small number of pax involved so I think they thought they didn't have to treat them particularly well