Cabin allocation

PJ's

I booked 2 x guaranteed CD mini suites this summer on an early saver fare. We were able to request our dining times (hopefully will get them) and bookings are linked for this reason.

Our friends have already received their cabin allocation and have been placed in a CB grade several days ago but we are still waiting for ours. We depart Southampton on Aurora on 6 December 2017. As there are not a great number of these mini suites (they are all on B deck) and are only about 12 in total I cannot understand why we have not been allocated one. Anyone have any ideas how P&O do cabin allocation? It's a mystery to me!!!

Sooooo wanting to know which mini suite we have.:D:D

If you do a fake select booking you should be able to see what mini suites are still available, you should get one of these or maybe an upgrade !!!!

Fingers crossed ehhhh.

They have been sold out for a while so cannot understand why we have not been given an allocation. We could never be lucky enough to get an upgrade to a suite but hey..... you never know.:D:D Fingers and toes crossed!!!

Just check CP again and still saying "to be assigned". Will give it until the weekend and then ring our TA next Monday.

They have been sold out for a while so cannot understand why we have not been given an allocation. We could never be lucky enough to get an upgrade to a suite but hey..... you never know.:D:D Fingers and toes crossed!!!

Just check CP again and still saying "to be assigned". Will give it until the weekend and then ring our TA next Monday.

That is a strange one. Were you an early saver as they would usually be issued by now, as you will see on the rollcall people have theirs. If a late saver it can be days before and yours friends just got lucky.

Hope that the upgrade fairy visits and its worth the extra wait.

The cruise line may have sold more than they have and are now waiting for a cancellation. They may well be trying to upsell people out of the category into suites but if this fails. I should be happy as the only way is up. Remember if they have got people on "guarantee" bookings they cannot upsell those passengers as they have technically already paid for random upgrades if they occur!

Regards John

That is a strange one. Were you an early saver as they would usually be issued by now, as you will see on the rollcall people have theirs. If a late saver it can be days before and yours friends just got lucky.

Hope that the upgrade fairy visits and its worth the extra wait.

We booked an early saver in May 2017 through our TA and got a good price for the mini suites. As I said before our friends have been allocated a CB grade but nothing for us yet. Just checked again and still "to be assigned". It is so frustrating, cannot understand the delay.

Edited by PJ's

We booked an early saver in May 2017 through our TA and got a good price for the mini suites. As I said before our friends have been allocated a CB grade but nothing for us yet. Just checked again and still "to be assigned". It is so frustrating' date=' cannot understand the delay.[/quote']

Why worry and be frustrated? If you still do not know by embarkation day you just write "guarantee not yet assigned" on your luggage tags. They will tell you your cabin when you embark and I strongly suspect it will be better than your companions. Unassigned luggage is put in a single known place and reception will sort that out if comes this late.

Regards John

I know it's silly to worry - we have a guaranteed booking so the only way is UP????? Hopefully it will be sorted out before embarkation day! Will let you all know what cabin I eventually end up in. Keeping everything crossed....... you never know:D:D:D Just checked again and still "to be assigned".

Still no cabin allocated:(:(

Received an email from our TA this week with all our e-tickets attached (for all 4 of us). Only problem was that on our e-ticket there was no cabin allocation, just said guaranteed CD grade. The cabin was showing on our friends e-tickets!!! TA said not to worry we will get an allocation eventually?????:rolleyes::rolleyes:

We booked a select inside back in March for travel Feb’18.

Any idea when we will be allocated a cabin?

Your guess is as good as mine.

We are still waiting for a cabin allocation and we embark on the 6 Dec but as you have booked select you should get yours earlier than the early savers and late savers. Maybe by Christmas?????

Your guess is as good as mine.

We are still waiting for a cabin allocation and we embark on the 6 Dec but as you have booked select you should get yours earlier than the early savers and late savers. Maybe by Christmas?????

You are still waiting for an allocation. That is cutting it a bit fine 2 weeks tomorrow. Maybe, tomorrow, the 14 days before will be the day they tell you. See you on the ship.

Personally i would ring now because someone else might get in before you.

Why worry and be frustrated? If you still do not know by embarkation day you just write "guarantee not yet assigned" on your luggage tags. They will tell you your cabin when you embark and I strongly suspect it will be better than your companions. Unassigned luggage is put in a single known place and reception will sort that out if comes this late.

Regards John

Good info thanks John.