Weight Watchers Point System anyone?

cruising mickey

I'm having that kind of week as well. Picked dh up at the airport after a trip to CA, and we stopped for supper on the way home. I did great until I succumed to a large Perkins chocolate chip muffin (15 points!). Then dh brought home 20 tacos from Jack in the Box, a chain we miss out here in Ohio. I was counting them like the home made tacos I make and AFTER I ate them I checked Dottie's weight loss zone restaurant chart and they were 5 points each. Then last night had a small piece of birthday cake. So now it's only Sunday (I weight on Thursdays) and I've used all my weekly extra points. My weight is up a little and I don't know what will happen on Thursday, but I have to take my own medicine and go to the meeting regardless of what I think will happen.

Just bite the bullet and go to the meeting and weighin. You may suprise yourself. One week I didn't cvount points nor stay on trach (so I thought). And ended up losing 2.5 pounds!!! You still have a couple of days to recover. My weigh in day is thursday too!!!:)

Ok....so it wasn't pretty, but it's over and I'm right back on track. I gained 3 pounds, but I'm still down from where I started 3 weeks ago:o

And, a group of my WW buddies and I are starting a 12 week program at the Y, so that will help, too. I'm excited about exercise???? No, just the results of exercise :p

I hope all of you have a better weigh-in than me.....

I have been away for a bit, but I have gained 4 lbs, and I am ready to get back on this thread and WW. Going to WI friday, but I know that I am 4 lbs over goal.:o

Good decision to go back! Most of us know the program but we need the accountability of stepping on the scales in front of others!:(:o

Getting back OP is sometimes easy, sometimes difficult, but it's an attitude. When we aren't careful we get kind of almost an I don't care attitude (even though we do care). We get kind of lazy about tracking. Or my problem, eating something questionable first THEN looking up the points and getting discouraged because I just blew half a days points on something like a chocolate chip muffin! (Boy was that good, but deadly)

I am still uneasy about eating on the cruise. I see it's so easy to eat more points than you planned. I don't want to eat totally off the Spa menu, I mean 7 nights of chicken breast will get old really fast. But I don't want to go way over points either. I might just have to take my points "booklet" into the dining room with us so I can double check points values before I order. I can't find my notebook that I was figuring points on the different dishes, but I guess I can start over and work on it.

My dental appointment ran over so I missed my meeting this morning. My own scale says I am up 3/4 pound for the week. That makes almost 3 pounds since August. With the family all gone home and not bringing treats into the house all the time, and DH and I deciding that with all the leftovers and frig and freezer full enough to get by the next 3 weeks til the cruise, I should be able to lose about 5 pounds before we head to Spain. As I have decided to use the " Simply Filling " plan while away, it will be interesting to see how I make out. I need to get back on the treadmill again on a regular basis and not a hit and miss deal. So I did a half hour this morning and will do another while I watch the debate this evening. I have tracked for the past 2 weeks and used a lot of my extra points. I know that doesn't work out for me, but at least I kept more extras out of my mouth that way. Without tracking who knows how bad it may have been?

Nikki

Getting back OP is sometimes easy, sometimes difficult, but it's an attitude. When we aren't careful we get kind of almost an I don't care attitude (even though we do care). We get kind of lazy about tracking. Or my problem, eating something questionable first THEN looking up the points and getting discouraged because I just blew half a days points on something like a chocolate chip muffin! (Boy was that good, but deadly)

I am still uneasy about eating on the cruise. I see it's so easy to eat more points than you planned. I don't want to eat totally off the Spa menu, I mean 7 nights of chicken breast will get old really fast. But I don't want to go way over points either. I might just have to take my points "booklet" into the dining room with us so I can double check points values before I order. I can't find my notebook that I was figuring points on the different dishes, but I guess I can start over and work on it.

I may be wrong but I pay to enjoy myself on a cruise. Eat what you want but within moderation. I also walk the track first thing in the morning and go to the gym 2-3 times while cruising. Drink lots of water in between alcoholic beverages. I thik you will do fine! :) I did that when we cruised in May and maintained. I didn't expect to lose....as long as I didn't gain. You may even lose! Don't stress over going over points while on vacation. Enjoy yourself...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

Edited by nurseingu

I plan on eating what I want - however - I'm really going to ask myself if it's worth all the extra points. Then take responsibility for what I do. Last cruise I took my bathroom scale with me so that I could see, day by day, how I was doing. I gained 5 pounds, which I thought was not bad. I intend on taking the scale again this year.

Wow! That's dedication. 5 pounds isn't bad at all for going on a cruise. People think I'm crazy for working out when I cruise. But I feel as if I have to. You take your scale with you to help hold yourself accountable and I take my workout gear....you have to do what's best for YOU!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Xparent Purple Tapatalk2

Edited by nurseingu

I admire you for being so conscientious! I'm hoping to be well on my way to my goal by our cruise in April/May 2013. I've never been on a cruise in my life without walking all over the place!! :D So, yes....you get your exercise in :p

On our cruise this past March, our balcony neighbor (and cruise buddy) went to the gym each morning....so we've put her in charge of all of us next year!! She's in charge of fitness!:D

:o Having a hard time getting back OP. It is amazing all of the excuses that I can come up with in a day. Maybe I will go back in this thread and read the posts I wrote when I was motivated and OP.

Today's goal - drink water and track.

Cherie

:o Having a hard time getting back OP. It is amazing all of the excuses that I can come up with in a day. Maybe I will go back in this thread and read the posts I wrote when I was motivated and OP.

Today's goal - drink water and track.

Cherie

Hi Cherie,

One thing that has always helped me, is to go back and review my food journal for the weeks that I did really well. At my weigh-in, I mark in my journal, the amount of weight that I either lost, (or gained). That way, when I look back at it, I can see what I did right or wrong. It is just a small motivating factor but one that keeps me on-my-toes.

Have a great week,

Cari

Weigh in today and I lost 1.4 pounds! I was REALLY surprised by it. And this was after such a crappy start to the week, too. That makes a little over 20 since June. Slow but steady.

Good work! Slow and steady is the key. It went on that way, so it must come off that way to be effective and lasting.

Nikki

Just came back from my weigh-in. I'm down 2.4 lbs for this past week.

Has anyone tried the Fiber One Chocolate Chip Bars ? Low points and really hits the spot for a dessert craving. I also bought the new Special K chocolate crisps and they were just OK. I will probably not buy them again. Just thought I'd share.

Wishing everyone a great weekend.

Cari in Indy

:)

Just came back from my weigh-in. I'm down 2.4 lbs for this past week.

Has anyone tried the Fiber One Chocolate Chip Bars ? Low points and really hits the spot for a dessert craving. I also bought the new Special K chocolate crisps and they were just OK. I will probably not buy them again. Just thought I'd share.

Wishing everyone a great weekend.

Cari in Indy

:)

Good job Cari ,my weigh-in is tomorrow i'm at

goal But the work is never over. Have a good weekend

Gloria

Last year I had lost almost 40 lbs before my cruise. I made sure to exercise every day, ate well the bulk of the time, a lot of fish, salads, veggies, ordered sorbet for desserts, so when I had a few cookies, a slice of pizza or fries I was ok. I didn't really gain anything.

I will be cruising in about 7 weeks, so right now I am doing points plus. I just want to be able to enjoy myself. I don't plan to count points on the cruise, but just try to make healthier choices.