Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

Of the shenanigans of you lovely people .... You are so worth five minutes with a cup of coffee!!!! LOL!

Roz - I'm so sorry to read of your car theft, these people are just the scum of the earth and I'm only glad you and Horton weren't out and about when they were!

Cindy - have a wonderful cruise with your handsome boys (really mean the dog, but hey we don't want to confuse Dobiemom again!!! LOL!)

Gosh I find myself writing to you guys as though I know you - but you come to life in your messages and I'm sure I'm not the only one who checks in to read of the latest tales or should that be waggy tails??? ;):D

Who needs The Real Housewives of New York when we've got you!!! :D

I, too, like to check-in on everybody! Good to hear from you.

We're getting a lot of rain here in sunny L.A. They say we're going to have 80 degrees by the middle of next week. One thing about living here is you can always count on that glorious sunshine to follow the gloom!!!!

I'm focusing this week on replacing my journal.....Boy talk about catch-up.....there's no way I'll be able to write about all my experiences since 1987. It's going to be fun to try and encapusulate the best of it. Although, sometimes those things that happen spur-of-the-minute are the best! I'd always take the time to capture a thought or two whenever I was trapped in my car, at long stops on the freeway or while waiting for Morey at a doctor visit, etc.

There were lots of moments with my oldest daughter that I'll never be able to capture again. And, with my first grandchild.......Oh! Darn, I have to stop torturing myself!!!!

I love watching the ships go out every weekend. I will be watching Trudy tomorrow. http://portevergladeswebcam.com/

I'll be waving Cindy---I am wearing yellow and we will be on our Balcony for sail away. We are right under the Gym :eek: hope we don't hear too much running and such. We are the 2nd Balcony from the back---at least that is the way I see it. See you on the 9th.

Signing off now----not sure I will be back till after vacation. If DH has a computer with him and it works----I will drop in. Safe travel.

I, too, like to check-in on everybody! Good to hear from you.

We're getting a lot of rain here in sunny L.A. They say we're going to have 80 degrees by the middle of next week. One thing about living here is you can always count on that glorious sunshine to follow the gloom!!!!

I'm focusing this week on replacing my journal.....Boy talk about catch-up.....there's no way I'll be able to write about all my experiences since 1987. It's going to be fun to try and encapusulate the best of it. Although, sometimes those things that happen spur-of-the-minute are the best! I'd always take the time to capture a thought or two whenever I was trapped in my car, at long stops on the freeway or while waiting for Morey at a doctor visit, etc.

There were lots of moments with my oldest daughter that I'll never be able to capture again. And, with my first grandchild.......Oh! Darn, I have to stop torturing myself!!!!

Awww Roz, Don't torture yourself. You still have all those memories, you don't need to have them written down to remember them. They are part of you and you will never forget them. You can write down all the new memories. Now that you are older, you might need them on paper to remember them.

Edited by rangeley

Roz and I are both Princesses!!! :D I think that fits us well! ;)

I don't leave til next week Nancy, you will have to put up with me til then. I'm sure the boys will drive me nuts, and once they get together it gets even worse. :(

Just give 'em all belly rubs and they'll be fine. ;)

I love watching the ships go out every weekend. I will be watching Trudy tomorrow. http://portevergladeswebcam.com/

Watching sailaways is my new addiction. ;) Bon Voyage Trudy! :D

My wonderful son just informed me that he is sick :mad: I can't believe it. Told him he has a week to get rid of it or we will confine him to the cabin. Whenever he gets sick he ends up giving it to me. I have to much to do to get sick right now. I'm gonna kill him. :eek:

Thanks Fairbourne. I'm glad we can keep people entertained. ;) We have been together for a long time and I feel like we know eachother too. My dream is that someday Rozilla will get her butt out east or just send her beautiful dog to cruise with us. We have been through alot together and I do feel like she's my sis even though we have never met. If we ever met I would probably cry like a baby. :eek: I didn't realize how many people just come in here to read our stuff. I don't think we feel that we are very entertaining to others but guess we are! :D

Cindy, I have no doubt that I'd hug you until it hurt. I hope we'll be able to cruise together before our dogs are too old to enjoy each other.

We have shared a lot that's for sure!

Mornin' all:

Well, Fairbourne, alls I got is :o! I was taken under by, was it Princess Rozilla or Queenie Rozilla? Anyway, I guess it should be Princess since she cruises on Princess. Maybe I can remember that. So I was taken under by Princess Rozilla's wing and the rest of the folks, without even having a service dog. I do work with Special Ed kids, although none of them have service dogs either. We had our huge lovable yellow lab (110 lbs) Reno at the time. I think that is what attracted me to the thread. Then the picture of Ms. Brenny melted my heart. The rest is history. We have laughed till my jaw hurts and cried until my heart hurt. I also wish one day we could all cruise together!

I think Ms. Princess Pony Pants helped step up the raw sense of humor we have. She lets it fly!

Trudy have a fantabulous cruise. I am jeolous that you get to meet and cruise with Cindy, Sexy Wexy, John and Lee.

Cindy, you don't leave until next week? Will hear from you this week, then. Can't wait for the last minutes scream outs! I am sure your boys will put you thru the wringer. :D Gotta love em!

I think it all started with Brenda cruising and then Cindy lost her beautiful dogs, you lost Reno and Brenny had her horrific Prednisone reaction. Barbara who lost her wonderful little girl so suddenly, then came Quam with all her advice, Cari, Sunshine, Marcia, DKD, Trudy, Fairbourne and so many other who all jumped in to share their stories and support each other - some of us have not let go and we continue to share our dogs and life's adventures along the way.

We sort of adopted each other and I like it just the way it is!!!! You can call me anything you like, just drop in once in a while to let us all know how you're doing! ;)

I think it has to be the Grand Dowager Duchess of Roz (thinking Dame Maggie Smith in Downton Abbey! :eek:) we can't give rozilla too much power or she'll send us all to the Tower! LOL!

We have two gorgeous labs- a very pretty black girl, and a big handsome brown boy. Not service dogs but I think The boy dog could have been; the girl, she has her own agenda! ;) So I came here wondering what you were all talking about and have been hanging around ever since - no not like a bad smell!! ;)

"Grand Dowager Duchess" that's me!!!!! I'm kind of like your female......I have my own agenda!!!!! :rolleyes:

I'll be waving Cindy---I am wearing yellow and we will be on our Balcony for sail away. We are right under the Gym :eek: hope we don't hear too much running and such. We are the 2nd Balcony from the back---at least that is the way I see it. See you on the 9th.

Signing off now----not sure I will be back till after vacation. If DH has a computer with him and it works----I will drop in. Safe travel.

Trudy, I'm sure I didn't get to catch you before you left. I wish you a wonderful and safe journey. Have a super cruise with Cindy and her men. Give her a big hug from me. I wish I could be with both of you to enjoy the open sea together.

Have fun! :)

Awww Roz, Don't torture yourself. You still have all those memories, you don't need to have them written down to remember them. They are part of you and you will never forget them. You can write down all the new memories. Now that you are older, you might need them on paper to remember them.

Thanks Cindy, I know you're right. And, boy, if I don't write things down when I think of it, I can totally forget what was on my mind a minute ago.

It's so much fun to read about the past, what happened years ago, where we were and who was in our lives. Boy, talk about memories; with 5 brothers and sisters and 3 children, life is full of wonderous and momentous adventures.

Now that I have these two CCI dogs in my life the adventures are never ending and really fun!

You're almost on that ship. Stay away from your son and tell him to stay hydrated and if he makes you sick.......I'll kill him for you!!!!! I can't stand when we plan for a great vacation and something goes wrong with our bodies. It's time for that plastic bubble!!!!! :eek:

I had a late lunch with my sis and family so I didn't get to see Trudy's sailaway. :(

Make sure you watch us next week!!

My hair appointments are in the morning so I should be able to watch your sailaway. ;)

Roz, you have mail. :)

Thanks Cindy, I know you're right. And, boy, if I don't write things down when I think of it, I can totally forget what was on my mind a minute ago.

It's so much fun to read about the past, what happened years ago, where we were and who was in our lives. Boy, talk about memories; with 5 brothers and sisters and 3 children, life is full of wonderous and momentous adventures.

Now that I have these two CCI dogs in my life the adventures are never ending and really fun!

You're almost on that ship. Stay away from your son and tell him to stay hydrated and if he makes you sick.......I'll kill him for you!!!!! I can't stand when we plan for a great vacation and something goes wrong with our bodies. It's time for that plastic bubble!!!!! :eek:

I always have lists Roz. I forget what I went into another room to get. :eek:

Going home today, I'll be back tomorrow.

I want to watch you.....Marcia's going to teach me!

I hope you can handle it. You click on the link and the camera comes up. In the left hand corner of the screen there are arrows and you can switch to another view. Scroll down to bottom of page and you can see the ships, they will appear as blue diamonds. Run cursor over them to see what ship it is. You better practice.;);)

I hope you can handle it. You click on the link and the camera comes up. In the left hand corner of the screen there are arrows and you can switch to another view. Scroll down to bottom of page and you can see the ships, they will appear as blue diamonds. Run cursor over them to see what ship it is. You better practice.;);)

Wow, I guess I do talk too much... you said in 1 paragraph what it took me 6 to say! :eek::D

But it will be a miracle if she can figure it out. :eek: We have been trying to teach her to post pics for 5 years.

I did it!!!! And, I have posted some pictures when I patiently pay attention to what I'm doing. I'm just always going in 10 directions [non of which I'm very good at!] Ask me to debate and write about any subject no problem.....than ask me to do it in excel or send a picture or text message and suddenly I become illiterate!!!!

Oh! Well! You don't want me to become to good at any one thing or it's all I'll do!!!!!!

I don't want to bore you!!!!! :o

I did it!!!! And, I have posted some pictures when I patiently pay attention to what I'm doing. I'm just always going in 10 directions [non of which I'm very good at!] Ask me to debate and write about any subject no problem.....than ask me to do it in excel or send a picture or text message and suddenly I become illiterate!!!!

Oh! Well! You don't want me to become to good at any one thing or it's all I'll do!!!!!!

I don't want to bore you!!!!! :o

You checked out the cam?

You checked out the cam?

Yes, I had so much fun. I wouldn't let anyone interrupt me, at work so I could watch the people walking on the ship and the little, tiny boats floating by and then I watched workers moving something on a pier and then I tried to follow someone walking from the middle of a ship to the front.......I think I was watching the cam, if not I was on some kind of secret mission and the only thing I couldn't do was watch anyone through any windows. :p