My Dream Wedding on the Carnival Dream W/PICS!!!

albean86

We are acutally getting married on 05/07/2013, just leaving out on the 5th. Where are you guys cruising to and what ship?

Oooh ok! Congrats still! Haha. We're cruising to Key West, Turks & Caicos and the Bahamas on the Breeze. :) Where are you guys getting married?

Edited by 4EverHis2013
forgot something

I love the short dress! Where did you get it? I also have a question about your bouquet. Where did you find the jewels? I am making my own bouquet as well with real touch roses and I can't find any that have a strong enough wire to go through the center of the bud. :-)

I actually had the bouquet made for me but the jewels were actually just hot glued on to the top of the flower not threaded through them.

My friend did the same thing aboard the ship. She saw the photos and had to have them and ended up $1500 over her original budget for photos. To avoid this I thought I'd bring my own which requires me to tell them I don't need their services or ask my photographers to act as friends. I've been looking into Jennifer Bryan Photography. Her and her husband love to travel and are doing wedding photography in exchange for the cruise tickets and travel fees. She pays for her personal things on board and we get her for the day of our wedding and an extra day because we booked a 5 day cruise. Any thoughts?

My friend did the same thing aboard the ship. She saw the photos and had to have them and ended up $1500 over her original budget for photos. To avoid this I thought I'd bring my own which requires me to tell them I don't need their services or ask my photographers to act as friends. I've been looking into Jennifer Bryan Photography. Her and her husband love to travel and are doing wedding photography in exchange for the cruise tickets and travel fees. She pays for her personal things on board and we get her for the day of our wedding and an extra day because we booked a 5 day cruise. Any thoughts?

I had also thought of this too and have even seen some people on this board who had done this and the pictures came out great. Although I wouldn't change our photographer the ship provided for us for anything, he was amazing! Also one of our friends is a photographer and had brought her camera and although she does it for a living the pictures did not come out as great mainly because the lighting inside of the ship is really tricky. The photographers that work on the ship work with this lighting all the time and they also have the inside knowledge of the best places and backgrounds for different shots. Either way you go Im sure you'll have great pictures, good luck!

• 1 month later...

Thanks so much for the GREAT review!!!! We are getting married on The Dream 10/12/13 and cannot wait!!!! This is soooo helpful.....I am starting to stress though about hotel/transportation the day we fly in! Help! I see that you guys drove in the day before. We are flying in from upstate NY and so are our guests - there are the 2 of us and our 4 children. So, with that being said, we don't want to spend a fortune on transportation to/from the hotel - I think we will stay at the Radisson - but how did your guests get to the hotel. I have read several posts about renting a car...so now we are thinking that may be the way to go for the 6 of us (our 6 other sailing guests haven't booked their flights yet). I'm dying to hear what you did....

Thanks and Congratulations!

The pictures are beautiful! Congratulations!!! Looks like you all had a wonderful time!! Love your flowers!

(side note...I had the same wedding gown for my wedding, and all of my BMs wore the same dress as yours in Plum!! LOL...we must have done well matching their dresses with ours haha!):)

Thanks so much for the GREAT review!!!! We are getting married on The Dream 10/12/13 and cannot wait!!!! This is soooo helpful.....I am starting to stress though about hotel/transportation the day we fly in! Help! I see that you guys drove in the day before. We are flying in from upstate NY and so are our guests - there are the 2 of us and our 4 children. So, with that being said, we don't want to spend a fortune on transportation to/from the hotel - I think we will stay at the Radisson - but how did your guests get to the hotel. I have read several posts about renting a car...so now we are thinking that may be the way to go for the 6 of us (our 6 other sailing guests haven't booked their flights yet). I'm dying to hear what you did....

Thanks and Congratulations!

Sorry it took so long to get back to you married life has been hectic with my husband getting a promotion requiring us to move to Buffalo NY (im so nervous for the winter after living in SC for the past 2 years haha) and buying our first home :) The radisson was awesome and I would definitely recommend staying there as there was a lot going on to keep your mind from going crazy thinking about your upcoming wedding. As for the transportation to the hotel from the airport that was a generous gift from my inlaws. They rented a large coach bus that transported all of our guests to the hotel from the airport and also back to the airport from the cruise terminal at the end of the week. I know the hotel also provides transportation but they do charge you by the person I would look at van shuttles or renting a car might be cheaper too, but shop around I'm sure you'll find a great deal. And happy wedding planning!!

Another question lol for your personalized napkins, who did you go with? theknot.com? I'm just wondering if you feel whoever you ordered from did a quality job with them and was worth the money :)

yes I used the knot.com and I loved them and I even saved a few for a scrapbook :) Definitely worth the money I think i waited until they went on sale and got 50 cocktail napkins for like 12.99 or something like that. And 50 was more than enough

The pictures are beautiful! Congratulations!!! Looks like you all had a wonderful time!! Love your flowers!

(side note...I had the same wedding gown for my wedding, and all of my BMs wore the same dress as yours in Plum!! LOL...we must have done well matching their dresses with ours haha!):)

thank you!! That is so funny about our dresses. I actually never even planned for the bridesmaids dresses to match mine I gave them full reign just told them the color and said I preferred a long gown I even gave them the option of getting different ones, in the end I LOVED the way the dresses looked together

Congrats to you and Your hubby. What a Blessing.. It seems like U are starting a Beautiful New Season,,,, Take it, Embrace it, and Know GOD wouldn't have given all of this to you if he didn't know that U could handle it :D

Enjoy Life :)

Sorry it took so long to get back to you married life has been hectic with my husband getting a promotion requiring us to move to Buffalo NY (im so nervous for the winter after living in SC for the past 2 years haha) and buying our first home :) The radisson was awesome and I would definitely recommend staying there as there was a lot going on to keep your mind from going crazy thinking about your upcoming wedding. As for the transportation to the hotel from the airport that was a generous gift from my inlaws. They rented a large coach bus that transported all of our guests to the hotel from the airport and also back to the airport from the cruise terminal at the end of the week. I know the hotel also provides transportation but they do charge you by the person I would look at van shuttles or renting a car might be cheaper too, but shop around I'm sure you'll find a great deal. And happy wedding planning!!

Buffalo!!! We are only a couple hours away. Thanks for the information. I am checking into a shuttle (Travel Lynx) - suggested by a Cruise Critic member (love this site). Congratulations and good luck in Buffalo!

Deb

• 2 months later...

Your pictures were gorgeous! My fiance and I are planning a carnival wedding August 2014 and I have been apprehensive about the lack of control you can have over the event but reading these forums have made me feel so much better. Thanks for sharing!

• 1 year later...

Hello,

You pictures are gorgeous and congrats on your wedding!

I noticed on your wedding day timeline it included "Free time for guest" from 11:15am-12:45pm for your guests to go explore the ship and grab lunch. Was that option included in your wedding package or did you have to pay extra for your guest to eat lunch before the ceremony?

Thanks in advance.

The Lido deck is open and serving food as soon as guests are allowed to board the ship. This is a great place for everyone to hang out, since most everyone will not have access to their rooms yet. If you have non-sailing guests, there is an option to pay for them to enjoy the food on the lido deck, but there is no real procedure for them to get checked. We had one non-sailing guest at our wedding and we didn't pay the extra fee, but I'm not sure if he went to the lido deck with everyone else or if he explored the ship until our wedding.

Hello,

You pictures are gorgeous and congrats on your wedding!

I noticed on your wedding day timeline it included "Free time for guest" from 11:15am-12:45pm for your guests to go explore the ship and grab lunch. Was that option included in your wedding package or did you have to pay extra for your guest to eat lunch before the ceremony?

Thanks in advance.

Thank you! Can't believe we're celebrating 2 years next month, time flies! As all of our guests were sailing with us they were free to grab lunch and do whatever they want. Unfortunately their rooms were not ready at this time so they were all ready for the wedding before we got on the ship. I believe there is an option to pay for non-sailing guests to have lunch also but honestly there's no way for them to check so I wouldn't worry about it. Hope this helps :)

We had 14 sailing guests and 11 non-sailing guests. The lunch buffet is included for sailing guests. We did pay the $10 for each non-sailing guest to eat at the buffet before the ceremony. Most people say it's not a problem to get them in without paying and nobody really checks, but I didn't want to risk it over $110. And I certainly didn't want to take the chance that someone did check and they couldn't eat.

• 1 year later...