Disembarkation - "My Two Cents"

MTJSR

I'd rather fill out as much stuff ahead of time online and be done with it than have to deal with it when I'm on vacation. My brain tends to go into relaxation mode once I'm on the ship and I'd much rather just veg.

It should be an easy thing to add to the Personalizer. Just make one more tab. If you don't fill it out, do so onboard. If you have a change, fill out a new form onboard. Simple. Then those of us that prefer online forms don't have to deal with it when we're more interested in thinking about cruising, not leaving. ;)

I'd rather fill out as much stuff ahead of time online and be done with it than have to deal with it when I'm on vacation. My brain tends to go into relaxation mode once I'm on the ship and I'd much rather just veg.

It should be an easy thing to add to the Personalizer. Just make one more tab. If you don't fill it out, do so onboard. If you have a change, fill out a new form onboard. Simple. Then those of us that prefer online forms don't have to deal with it when we're more interested in thinking about cruising, not leaving. ;)

Exactly.

I'm not sure why this is a one-or-the-other proposition.

Doesn't matter anyway. OP's idea is a good one, but it may as well be a fart in the wind as far as Princess is concerned. Their technological advances have more to do with tracking your every movement on the ship. No IT budget for website and customer-facing process improvements.

. ;)

Exactly!!

I really dislike receiving that letter in my cabin that sounds like this; “Whilst we do not wish to focus on the end of your cruise, we do need you to select your disembarkation time”

I don't understand why Princess waits until we are all onboard and in full cruise relax mode to bring up this question. We are all required to enter our flight numbers and personal details in the Cruise Personalizer, why not indicate our preferred disembark time request as well?

That gives Princess plenty of time to organize and we do not have to think about the end of cruise, until the end of the cruise!

Has never bothered me. Seems as if you are over reacting to nothing.

DON

Has never bothered me. Seems as if you are over reacting to nothing.

DON

The manual crank engine didn't bother anybody either, until a better way came along.

Why is it a problem for folks to discuss this? Is it really over-reacting? Or maybe just reacting and discussing?

If you look at most cruises a large percentage of cruisers are first timers, a lot of booked through TA's. For if you try and require that in advance you have to build in a fairly complex process, expecting it to be completed by a number of people that have never gone through a disembarkation process or need to funnel the info through their TA's.

With the current process you have a short communications loop (letter to passenger, document back, tags distributed), you have easy access to customer service to answer any questions, and you have a short time frame between information collection and departure leading to fewer changes.

If you look at most cruises a large percentage of cruisers are first timers, a lot of booked through TA's. For if you try and require that in advance you have to build in a fairly complex process, expecting it to be completed by a number of people that have never gone through a disembarkation process or need to funnel the info through their TA's.

With the current process you have a short communications loop (letter to passenger, document back, tags distributed), you have easy access to customer service to answer any questions, and you have a short time frame between information collection and departure leading to fewer changes.

And much less confusion and uncertainty! I have zero issues with the current process. It works. It isn't broken. It doesn't need to be replaced.

I really dislike receiving that letter in my cabin that sounds like this; “Whilst we do not wish to focus on the end of your cruise, we do need you to select your disembarkation time”

I don't understand why Princess waits until we are all onboard and in full cruise relax mode to bring up this question. We are all required to enter our flight numbers and personal details in the Cruise Personalizer, why not indicate our preferred disembark time request as well?

That gives Princess plenty of time to organize and we do not have to think about the end of cruise, until the end of the cruise!

Totally agree, they usually do it on the 2nd day.

I challenge your premise that it's necessary to have gone through a disembarkation process in order to complete disembarkation information online in advance. It would be no more complicated than the current method is -- you'd be answering the same questions/providing the same information on your post-cruise plans. Sure, there's a tiny percentage who are going to be too dumb to figure it out, but it's not like they'll get any smarter once they're onboard.

I always laugh when we receive our 'welcome abroad now we can't wait until you get off' letter in our cabin. I agree ...it should be done when checking in. The paperwork can be part of your print out and simply fill it out and hand it to the check in clerk just prior to embarkation.