The photos look wonderful -- and trust me, she looks even better in person.

We were on the Empress a few years ago as part of my quest to travel on as many of the classic liners that were left. I wasn't expecting a whole lot as she was never a luxury liner. Was I ever surprised. The decor was beautiful and there were many hidden gems (such as original paintings and etchings in the dining room, the cozy Commodore Lounge, and even some wall panels, originally part of a lounge, still in their original location in what is now a cabin area).

Many of the cabins are bare-boned, yet they were perfectly fine. Many talk about the small size of the showers, but they were about the same size as the one we just had on Diamond Princess. I do suggest choosing your cabin carefully, and I'll be happy to answer any questions. I am one of those nuts who goes into empty cabins on disembarkation morning and takes notes.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Lisa63

27 years of cruising memories
Carnival (3) ~ Celebrity (3) ~ Cunard ~ Dolphin (2) ~ Holland America (6) ~ Majesty ~ Norwegian (13) ~ Premier (2) ~ Princess ~ Regal ~ Royal Caribbean (2)
Alaska (AK & BC Inside Passage) ~ Bahamas ~ Baltic ~ Bermuda ~ British Isles ~ Canada/New England ~ Caribbean (E, W, S) ~ Mediterranean (W) ~ Mexican Riviera ~ Norwegian Fjords/Arctic Circle ~ Transatlantic

Most recent cruise:
NORWEGIAN BREAKAWAY, Florida/Bahamas, February 2017