Holland America's Nieuw Statendam to Offer Caribbean Cruises from Fort Lauderdale

LauraS

We're aft inside on deck 10 on the Premier Cruise and 4 day Bahamas Collector voyage. Since we sailed the last voyage of the old Statendam, we really wanted to sail the first voyage of the Nieuw Statendam. Looking forward to 9 sea days and 100% ports we've visited before.

I was surprised how quickly cabins are selling... decided to go ahead and book... for March 2019... would you believe... only a 7 day...lol I had a future book deposit I needed use... so nailed it down.

I was surprised how quickly cabins are selling... decided to go ahead and book... for March 2019... would you believe... only a 7 day...lol I had a future book deposit I needed use... so nailed it down.

Is the ship being names/ christened in FLL just prior to her Maiden voyage? If not, anyone know where and when the christening is planned?

Wish they were longer cruises.

I don't think that's the market that the Pinnacle Class ships are being built for. These ships are intended to go head-to-head with Celebrity.

Long voyages are the province of people with more free time and the money to spend on them. It seems to me that they will continue to be served by the smaller vessels, and within the Carnival brands, by Cunard and Seabourne.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I don't think that's the market that the Pinnacle Class ships are being built for. These ships are intended to go head-to-head with Celebrity.

Long voyages are the province of people with more free time and the money to spend on them. It seems to me that they will continue to be served by the smaller vessels, and within the Carnival brands, by Cunard and Seabourne.

We have done the Celebrity ships, not wanting to go back, will be on the Royal Princess for a 14 day TA and they the HAl. I hope Princess and HAL are far better than Celebrity... we will see.

• 2 weeks later...