Eurodam to Alaska : We came , we saw , we photographed .

Too bad, with so many inventions being made from sci- fi movies and such into reality, I just wish some of the more practical ones would be around now.:cool:

I'd like a teleporter

700c5e26-7876-449a-96c2-8e4c34bc69ae_zps3kmqkff1.jpg

but I'll settle for a rocket pack .

e4c35617-4404-49dc-b0e6-8a4f4cf40c43_zps0wvxvee0.jpg

If you can upload photos of people , why not people ?

So, how long did it take you to get through the lines when leaving the ship? We have been planning on staying on late for the first time ever (we're usually in the first group). We are spending the day/night post-cruise in Seattle and thought it might be nice to relax for a change rather than hurry off - but don't want to spend hours in lines with that decision.

So, how long did it take you to get through the lines when leaving the ship? We have been planning on staying on late for the first time ever (we're usually in the first group). We are spending the day/night post-cruise in Seattle and thought it might be nice to relax for a change rather than hurry off - but don't want to spend hours in lines with that decision.

It was about 30 minutes and 20 minutes in the cab line . We didn't use uber or lyft as others did , but that's quicker . In Port Everglades or Miami we usually self embark and drive home .

We saw some interesting sights on the walk back to the hotel like a tall tree growing in middle of a street .

DSC01864_zpsyjer9hud.jpg

And a Starbucks Draft on tap

DSC01865_zpssfpahtme.jpg

This place was near to our hotel

DSC01871_zpsxcxv8zqt.jpg

We went to whole food market to by a bottle of wine but it was surrounded by a tall wall . They had been caught selling to an underage minor and were shut down by the state !

ba656cb3-4453-4300-ac7c-d3341e0169e8_zpseddhpunp.png

As always, thank you for your wonderful posts and pictures! Also, thank you for the great tip regarding the book Alaska By Cruise Ship---we are returning to Alaska on a cruise in July and the book has been very helpful! Safe sailing! Evelyn

As always, thank you for your wonderful posts and pictures! Also, thank you for the great tip regarding the book Alaska By Cruise Ship---we are returning to Alaska on a cruise in July and the book has been very helpful! Safe sailing! Evelyn

You're welcome mistymom in beautiful Boca . We hope that you have a terrific trip . :cool:

Now hungry and without wine , we asked the concierge where to we could go to get some wine and her told us . And so at great risk to life and limb we headed out to look for dinner and something to drink .

DSC01889_zpsz2q3pkic.jpg

DSC01890_zps0e2w3ftl.jpg

And not far for there we spied our first pink elephant .

DSC01891_zps9hvq9vs6.jpg

We had found one of our favorite wines at a price below that of the ship

DSC01897_zpsod2i5d0o.jpg

And we stopped for some Pho to go

DSC01901_zpsbjjtaac2.jpg

and some chicken lettuce rolls which tasted wonderful in our hotel room !

DSC01903_zpsubdxmuhe.jpg

The food and wine looks like nice for hotel room dining, I often do similar with Rosie when we are touring and she is tired. I go out 'Hunting and Gathering' as she calls it and bring back sustenance for the evening.

The food and wine looks like nice for hotel room dining, I often do similar with Rosie when we are touring and she is tired. I go out 'Hunting and Gathering' as she calls it and bring back sustenance for the evening.

That's funny , that's the same phrase that I use for trolling the buffet ! :D

And all too soon we were at airport , ready to fly home

DSC01907_zpsp5q5ea1j.jpg

DSC01909_zps2co8aqdj.jpg

Why is it that Americans always pack the area and sometimes try to board before they are called ?

We were blessed to fly first class and on all 4 flights we have to squeeze past the groups every time in order to board . It really only slows down the boarding process for everybody .

DSC01914_zps2ul8e8ks.jpg

The last meal of our trip .

DSC01917_zpsmys4jxdf.jpg

Last stop P.B.I. around midnight .

I don't think it is limited to Americans, although I must say that at our local airports they tend to queue rather group or crowd.

Personally, (for the US situation) I blame the airlines for not enforcing the carry on luggage limitations. I think that people want to get on first and make sure they can store their luggage before it all gets taken. It can't be the seating as they are allocated already.

I don't think it is limited to Americans, although I must say that at our local airports they tend to queue rather group or crowd.

Personally, (for the US situation) I blame the airlines for not enforcing the carry on luggage limitations. I think that people want to get on first and make sure they can store their luggage before it all gets taken. It can't be the seating as they are allocated already.

You hit the nail on the head Mic . Because many airlines charge for checked bags people try to save money , and they don't have to wait for their luggage later if they carry all their luggage on board . I've also a number of people filling forward luggage compartments if they aren't full while sitting in an aft seat .