Tall Ships paraded into Boston yesterday. Some cruisesrs were woried. Hope they a

sail7seas

I couldn't find the previous post from last week about parking at Black Falcon for Veendam guests who had their cars. There werew over 2 million more people than uwsual in boston yestereday..

The Parade of sail was fabulous!

We got off the Veendam yesterday morning. We did not have a car, but rather an early flight and had been concerned about getting to the airport. We usually just take a cab to the airport after cruises, and thought that's what we would do. In the disembarkation info, HAL cautioned that there might be a shortage of cabs, not only because of the tall ships, but also because the Maasdam was in port.

Not wanting to risk our rather early flight, we selected the HAL transfer to the airport. Yes, it was more costly than a cab, but it was hassle free and got us to the airport in good time. I did see some cabs at the cruise terminal.

Did all the heavy fog in Boston in any way impact on the tall ship parade?

Oh, by the way the Veendam Bermuda cruise was perfect in every way.

We got off the Veendam yesterday morning. We did not have a car, but rather an early flight and had been concerned about getting to the airport. We usually just take a cab to the airport after cruises, and thought that's what we would do. In the disembarkation info, HAL cautioned that there might be a shortage of cabs, not only because of the tall ships, but also because the Maasdam was in port.

Not wanting to risk our rather early flight, we selected the HAL transfer to the airport. Yes, it was more costly than a cab, but it was hassle free and got us to the airport in good time. I did see some cabs at the cruise terminal.

Did all the heavy fog in Boston in any way impact on the tall ship parade?

Oh, by the way the Veendam Bermuda cruise was perfect in every way.

So happy your Veendam cruise was wonderful. Welcome baqck.

The fog was very heavy vbut liftted just in time for good viewing. I watched on tv and did not venture into the city. Mots of the ships werewopen for viewing by thr public today. Drew big crowds, of course. A taxi from Black Falcon to the airport is usually the best choice. quick ride trhough Ted Williams tunnel. undrer the circumstances, HAL transfer was likely a good idea. Whe n the Coast gUARD le d Eagle to start the parade, she was fabulous to look at. Those sailors did a great job. Could you see the ships from the air when you took off? hOLLAND'S TALL SHIP IS BVEAUTIFUL. cANADA ( Bc) A LSO SENT ONE.

We were also off the Veendam Saturday morning. Took the HAL bus to the airport...no problem. We had a late flight and found a window at the airport to see the tall ship parade from a distance. That was a lot of ships!

We were also off the Veendam Saturday morning. Took the HAL bus to the airport...no problem. We had a late flight and found a window at the airport to see the tall ship parade from a distance. That was a lot of ships!
Happy you got to see them on parade. there were about 50 and what a sight they made. Boston loves when they come here. Hopefully, the sailors enjoyed being in the city.

Did yoU enjoy Veendam?

Happy you got to see them on parade. there were about 50 and what a sight they made. Boston loves when they come here. Hopefully, the sailors enjoyed being in the city.

Did yoU enjoy Veendam?

Loved Veendam...not very far from bow to stern. Fantastic crew and docking in downtown Hamilton was great.

*snip* Whe n the Coast gUARD le d Eagle to start the parade, she was fabulous to look at. Those sailors did a great job.

Eagle gets around. I was on Veendam in late May and she was in Bermuda when we arrived at Hamilton. Of course she's from my hometown so I used to see her quite often just by going outside on our back porch.