Babies/Toddlers pool question

panzafit

Currently potty training my 2 year old for our June cruise on Harmony. His brother and sister will be 6 and 5 and he tries so hard to keep up! He made me laugh so hard this week. I told him we had to go in the potty so we can swim on the cruise. And his response was “I not swimmin’ in the potty”. Haha Went right over his head.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Don't stress it. As you can see in my pictures, there is a fantastic areas for children still in swim diapers on Harmony. Probably the best play area for non-potty trained children at sea.

No, she cannot sit on the side and “dip her toes in”. She can bring a small tub (such as the Duck sold at Target) and put it next to her chair. Royal is very family friendly. Other than Disney it is the only line that has splash zones for the diapered set but only has them on the newer ships. If a toddler in diapers doesn’t see the pool, how can it be upset that it can’t go in?

Why can't she sit on the side of the pool with her? They won't be in the pool. Also, I've already been told she can't bring a small tub to the deck as it's a safety hazard.

Why can't she sit on the side of the pool with her? They won't be in the pool. Also, I've already been told she can't bring a small tub to the deck as it's a safety hazard.

Because there is a "nose under the tent" aspect to this. If they allow her to dip her toes, then the next person wants to dunk a kid to her knees, and then "just a quick dip up to the waist", and so on. The CDC, world renown experts in how infectious diseases are spread, have determined that children in swim diapers are not allowed in or near any pools not specifically designed to handle them, and that is that.

Who told you that? See response #15. Perhaps whoever planned this trip might have checked into this before choosing an older ship.

Also, I've already been told she can't bring a small tub to the deck as it's a safety hazard.

I would bring the tub anyway, but ask someone at the time if it is okay to use. You'll probably want it for using a bath tub anyway.