Tendering when you are elite

vacation cruiser

I was amazed last month on the Caribbean Princess that there were no long lines for tenders in the two tender ports--St. Peter Port (Guernsey) and South Queensferry. Being Elite did not help us much--just getting us to the front of the line leaving the dining room instead of the back of the line.

I was amazed last month on the Caribbean Princess that there were no long lines for tenders in the two tender ports--St. Peter Port (Guernsey) and South Queensferry. Being Elite did not help us much--just getting us to the front of the line leaving the dining room instead of the back of the line.

Hope that holds true next year in June.

Where are you from in NC? Son lives just outside of Asheville.

Our experience has been that each elite passenger can bring one guest.

May I cruise with you? (I guess not, we will be on opposite sides of the planet this winter).

I am more concerned about getting off at a tender port when I have a better, private excursion and I know and realize that Princess prioritizes their own tours first.

I am not sure what to expect. I guess show up early and get a number.

Have fun "down under" this winter.

May I cruise with you? (I guess not, we will be on opposite sides of the planet this winter).

I am more concerned about getting off at a tender port when I have a better, private excursion and I know and realize that Princess prioritizes their own tours first.

I am not sure what to expect. I guess show up early and get a number.

Have fun "down under" this winter.

Lol, I can't wait for Australia, but you are doing my other "bucket list" cruise on the Island. Hopefully we will make it to South America in about five years. :)

If you are trying to get off the ship for an early tour, I would suggest showing up as soon as possible for a tender ticket. It seems that the most crowded times are just after breakfast. At least getting off the Island isn't as bad as trying to get off one of the larger ships.

Hope that holds true next year in June.

Where are you from in NC? Son lives just outside of Asheville.

We're in Raleigh. I think one of the reasons there wasn't a line in Guernsey was that the ship arrived so early: 6 a.m. We made it to the dining room used for tender tickets at 7:15. We were directed to go to an area near the other door and then they announced that everyone in the room could head down to the tender.

We're in Raleigh. I think one of the reasons there wasn't a line in Guernsey was that the ship arrived so early: 6 a.m. We made it to the dining room used for tender tickets at 7:15. We were directed to go to an area near the other door and then they announced that everyone in the room could head down to the tender.

Thanks. Have added that to my notes for Guernsey. We are early risers so we might as well take advantage of that. Hopefully that will hold true for Edinburgh.

Not sure what you mean by "jumping the line". Elite passengers just go down to the tender area and join the back of any line that is there. People in the line will either have ticket #s that have been called or elite cards. The only people you are bypassing are those up in the lounge waiting for their # to be called and they never see you.

If you do get to the tender area and try to go to the front of the line, you are cutting in front of other elites and those that deserve to be there and would deserve any comments that come your way.

Not sure what you mean by "jumping the line". Elite passengers just go down to the tender area and join the back of any line that is there. People in the line will either have ticket #s that have been called or elite cards. The only people you are bypassing are those up in the lounge waiting for their # to be called and they never see you.

If you do get to the tender area and try to go to the front of the line, you are cutting in front of other elites and those that deserve to be there and would deserve any comments that come your way.

My experience is based on the tender line to return to the ship in Princess Cays. There is not a designated Elite line, so my experience was being told to go to the front of the line. Another situation I saw, as you say, I was on the stairs to go down to the tenders and a younger woman went past everyone on the stairs declaring she was Elite so therefore could go straight to the front. I also saw a crew member instructing her to do just that.

My experience is based on the tender line to return to the ship in Princess Cays. There is not a designated Elite line, so my experience was being told to go to the front of the line. Another situation I saw, as you say, I was on the stairs to go down to the tenders and a younger woman went past everyone on the stairs declaring she was Elite so therefore could go straight to the front. I also saw a crew member instructing her to do just that.

There is no JUMPING the line to get on a tender from the ship, just join the back of the current line as stated in the above post.

There is NO Elite priority returning to the ship in ANY tender port.

Doesn't make sense as that person could be passing several other Elites waiting to board.

If the crew member said it was OK, then it's OK. :)

Staff at times will tell people to do things that are not correct. Not surprised it did happen but if staff start telling Elite to go to the front of the line, what happens after 50 or so elite are all trying to squeeze into the small space at the front. At the opposite on a Caribbean cruise we were told Elite had to and get a tender ticket.

As far as returning to the ship the vast majority of elite know they don't get priority but I've seen people rushing to the front waving their black card and staff do nothing while I've also seen staff help physically challenged move up to the front or move them to somewhere they can sit and then make sure they get on the tender when it arrives.

Staff at times will tell people to do things that are not correct. Not surprised it did happen but if staff start telling Elite to go to the front of the line, what happens after 50 or so elite are all trying to squeeze into the small space at the front.

I guess they would have to take the next tender. :D