24 hours to cancel

theduck57

if you book a cruise and pay do you have 24 hrs to cancel

Hi

You can always cancel a cruise. The questions is " do you have to pay a penalty?"

The answer is...it depends. Typically it depends on when you booked in relation to the sail date and your booking rate.

If you have booked and would like to cancel and are unsure, simply call the person/company you booked with. They will tell you.

There are two issues:

One is does your TA charge a fee. That has nothing to do with the cruise line.

Then there is the cruise line.

My experience is that in most cases you can cancel within 24 hours with no penalty but I am using the work most because I know of at least one cruise line where once you book it you will be charged a cancellation fee if you cancel anytime after the charge is made to your credit card.

So best to ask up front so there are no surprises.

Keith

We had to cancel with in think it was 2 or 3 days. Usually you'd lose everything. My husband had a hand written letter from his cardiologist saying it would be unwise for him to travel at this time. (We didn't want to wait for a secretary to type the letter!) We faxed this letter to Carnival and they gave us a credit for a Carnival cruise any time in the future. My husband ended up having 6 1/2 hour open heart surgery . As soon as his surgeon said things were OK, we took a cruise using the fare from the canceled cruise.

Usually you can get everything back 60 or more days before the cruise. If it is closer than 60 days there is a percentage they will return, the % depending on how many days to sailing date.

i just booked princess cruise today with TA can i cancel before 24 hrs

It all depends on when you are sailing. If the cruise is next week, probably not, if the cruise is 8 or 9 months away, then you can probably cancel without penalty, but some lines have certain fares that don't allow cancellation without penalty. You need to check with the TA.

If you book AFTER "final" payment, then no..you'll lose your money if you cancel. If you book far out, then there are set times when you can cancel with no penalty. It really depends when your cruise date is, in relation to when you book and pay!