Oriana in Hamburg

Vendepac

For all those (including myself) who should be on Oriana heading for the Caribbean.

The following link is to the webcam covering the Dock she's currently occupying .

The webcam scans and you can open it up to full screen Cheer Les

http://www.hamburg.de/livecam-michel/

Difficult to tell with the sun at the moment, but it looks like the funnel has gone back to being that dirty mustard colour, probably a trick of the light!

We were on her for the third time during December. Love the ship but did feel she rolled more than we remember, even in calmer seas. Rumour was a stabilizer issue but...only a rumour. She certainly ran at a pace up to Hamburg! P&O are remaining tight lipped about what's wrong and so far have kept it quiet!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

We were delayed in Gib in October. Oriana took on extra fuel and we did 23 knots almost the whole way back to Southampton. She was amazingly fast and there were no problems with juddering at this speed, neither did she roll. It wasn't that calm either.

Are they just planning to sort out the technical issue or are they also doing any changes to the interior? Any idea?

I wouldn't expect any interior changes to be carried out as they need a good deal of planning. This was something of an emergency requirement for dry dock.

We have heard that it is definitely a stabiliser problem,. Although I must say there was no evidence of this in the rough weather we had last week!! Although she did pitch quite a bit there was hardly any roll and we had a comfortable ride back from Tenerife.

Hopefully replace the plastic wall in the atrium. A waterfall would be nice. Not very likely.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If only Stephen... I really detest the tacky plastic plant wall. Crystal Symphony has a similar waterfall to the one Oriana had and theirs is still in good working order. It was built the same year as Oriana too.

If only Stephen... I really detest the tacky plastic plant wall. Crystal Symphony has a similar waterfall to the one Oriana had and theirs is still in good working order. It was built the same year as Oriana too.

Thank you. I did not know Crystal Symphony had a waterfall. QM2 had a smaller version too in her Winter Gardens.

I would not have minded if it was real plants but plastic. It will be a devil to keep the dust off too. I liked the waterfall but if it had to go how about something like Aurora has. Alternatively a tapestry, relief, marquetry or painting based on a former P and O ship like Canberra. Cunard do those so well.

I had not been on Oriana since 2002 before I did a visit last year. It was the only thing I did not like. The rest of the ship was wonderful. For twelve nights this year I will just have just have too look in the other direction.

Best wishes, Stephen.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you. I did not know Crystal Symphony had a waterfall. QM2 had a smaller version too in her Winter Gardens.

I would not have minded if it was real plants but plastic. It will be a devil to keep the dust off too. I liked the waterfall but if it had to go how about something like Aurora has. Alternatively a tapestry, relief, marquetry or painting based on a former P and O ship like Canberra. Cunard do those so well.

I had not been on Oriana since 2002 before I did a visit last year. It was the only thing I did not like. The rest of the ship was wonderful. For twelve nights this year I will just have just have too look in the other direction.

Best wishes, Stephen.

She has a beautiful atrium, but the artificial 'living' wall is the only small thing that does let it and the rest of the ship down. It isn't quite what you would expect after a multi million pound refurbishment.

Hope you enjoy your cruise Stephen

She has a beautiful atrium, but the artificial 'living' wall is the only small thing that does let it and the rest of the ship down. It isn't quite what you would expect after a multi million pound refurbishment.

Hope you enjoy your cruise Stephen

Thank you, I will try.

• 2 weeks later...
We were delayed in Gib in October. Oriana took on extra fuel and we did 23 knots almost the whole way back to Southampton. She was amazingly fast and there were no problems with juddering at this speed, neither did she roll. It wasn't that calm either.

Oriana is indeed amazingly fast if given the opportunity to be so. She has more powerful engines than similar sized Aurora and Oceana, or indeed the much bigger Azura and Ventura.

I could be wrong but I think the departure from Hamburg requires a high tide. Also the passage down the Elbe to Cuxhaven is very slow whatever the ship. Once in the North Sea then Oriana can make her own speed. I wonder if there will be some form of sea trial of the work done.

I could be wrong but I think the departure from Hamburg requires a high tide. Also the passage down the Elbe to Cuxhaven is very slow whatever the ship. Once in the North Sea then Oriana can make her own speed. I wonder if there will be some form of sea trial of the work done.

just leaving dry dock

Thank you. That is good news. Best part of two days to get home. About five weeks for my cruise.

AIS has ETA Southampton 1800 29th Dec which is possibly Nab Pilot station so another 90 minutes or so to berth