$12 Drinks? No thanks!

Just off of Freedom this morning. I can tell you that on CocoCay, 2 CocoLocos ran $28.32 including the auto tip (about $4 of that amount was tip) for the bartender to scoop some slush out of a cooler and float some Cruzan on top. Those were the only alcoholic drinks we purchased all week. We did however, book a future cruise at the NextCruise deal. Decent pricing on the cruise itself, including gratuities, for 3 pax in a Cat F OV on the upcoming 8 day Freedom itinerary out of Fort Lauderdale for $2622 with an automatic $100 OBC. Anyway, as part of the promo, they were offering BOGO50 Premium package at $456 for first pax and & $228 for second pax. We don't drink much, so can't see ourselves spending nearly $700 on alcohol. IMHO, that $700 is better spent on other things.

When is Freedom doing 8 nighters out of Ft. Lauderdale?

FYI

Just off the brilliance. Second cruise in six weeks and again we drank very very little. Just to high of prices.

But I do have one tip. Make sure you ask what the drink of the day is. Its still $7.75, which makes it over $9 with the tip. But cheaper than just ordering anything.

And we found in two different bars on two different days, if you didn't like the drink of the day, and just kinda hesitated and asked the bartender if that is the only one you can get. They would basically make you any simple drink for that price. One day I had a coconut rum, grenadine, and sprite mixture. Another day I had a mojito instead of the rum punch.

It really seems like the bartenders are starting to realize that people aren't paying the prices. So they seem to be very accommodating.

Just my two cents!!!

That seems to be varying by ship. On Indy it is $10.00 + 18%.

If memory serves me correctly, her last sailing from Port Canaveral is in Nov 2016. We booked for March 2017. She will be doing alternating 6 and 8 day from Fort Lauderdale as new long term assignment. Last sailing from PC is a short 5 day cruise.

If memory serves me correctly, her last sailing from Port Canaveral is in Nov 2016. We booked for March 2017. She will be doing alternating 6 and 8 day from Fort Lauderdale as new long term assignment. Last sailing from PC is a short 5 day cruise.

Thanks, I didn't know Freedom was moving to Ft. Lauderdale. I appreciate the info as we really enjoy the 8 nighters that Indy and Navigator have done from Port Everglades.

Thanks, I didn't know Freedom was moving to Ft. Lauderdale. I appreciate the info as we really enjoy the 8 nighters that Indy and Navigator have done from Port Everglades.

Sure. The 8 nighter is Labadee, San Juan, St Maarten, and St Kitts. Believe it's the itinerary that either Indy or Nav are currently running. Sorry, don't recall what the 6 nighter was going to be. Prob the same as Indy/Nav alternate. Glad they are moving Oasis to Port Canaveral, but they are keeping the pricing higher than what Freedom seemed to be. We liked the Freedom, though thought it seemed very crowded at times (had heard there were 4100 pax onboard), and not sure if wanting to try an even larger ship with still more people.

I'm the poster of the explorer menus above. Just to clarify, I've never had a gratuity added to the menu price on any of my Southampton (UK) based cruises. The menu price is the price you pay, including gratuity. Not sure if that's a legal thing over here, but it was the same on adventure last year, menu prices were just higher than I'd seen n pictures on here from US based sailings.

Also the premium package has a $14 limit on here

It was the same on our cruise out of Sydney. The prices included the gratuities.

The difference between Premium and Ultimate is that Ultimate is Premium plus Royal Replenish so includes coffees, fresh juice, sodas, premium waters, but as far as the alcoholic drinks are concerned they are identical.

Just off the Serenade myself and I fell in love with the watermelon/cucumber infusion Marina used to make that martini!

Agree with you that the R Bar was using some nice quality ingredients and making some unusual and tasty cocktails.

We liked the Bittersweet Symphony - Tanqueray, sweet vermouth, Aperol, lemon bitter. Great pre-dinner cocktail.

Sure. The 8 nighter is Labadee, San Juan, St Maarten, and St Kitts. Believe it's the itinerary that either Indy or Nav are currently running. Sorry, don't recall what the 6 nighter was going to be. Prob the same as Indy/Nav alternate. Glad they are moving Oasis to Port Canaveral, but they are keeping the pricing higher than what Freedom seemed to be. We liked the Freedom, though thought it seemed very crowded at times (had heard there were 4100 pax onboard), and not sure if wanting to try an even larger ship with still more people.

Freedom 6 niters in Ft Lauderdale are Cayman/George Town, Cozumel, Costa Maya.:)

0ne 7 niter Nov 5 2016 Cayman/George Town, Costa Maya, Belize City, Cozumel.

Freedom 6 niters in Ft Lauderdale are Cayman/George Town, Cozumel, Costa Maya.:)

0ne 7 niter Nov 5 2016 Cayman/George Town, Costa Maya, Belize City, Cozumel.

Thanks. Couldn't remember and wasn't sure where the flyer disappeared to