CCL Cabin Info Compilation - No Cabin Questions posted here please!

sparks1093

Ship - Liberty

Deck - 9 (Lido)

Stateroom # - 9206

Stateroom Category – JS

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Quiet Stateroom? Very quiet stateroom

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - NO

Balcony View - Balcony looks onto Captain's Suite balcony to the right. Wide open view straight forward and to the left

Balcony Size? A little larger than other JS balconies on other Conquest Class ships, but smaller than an OS balcony

Was wind a problem? - We had no wind issues

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Leak in the bathroom, cracked glass on balcony door, decking on balcony deteriorating. These problems were supposed to be addressed during Dec 2016 drydock

Any other comments? - Loved the location and the cabin. We would book this again in a heartbeat.

Ship - Breeze

Deck - 12

Stateroom # - 12009

Stateroom Category – 8S

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard sifr

Quiet Stateroom? Very quiet location

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - No

Balcony View - No obstructions

Balcony Size? Normal

Was wind a problem? - No problems with wind

Any specific problems with this cabin? - No problems. Cabin was in great shape

Any other comments? - This is a great location. There are no inside cabins and no utility rooms across the hall, so fewer slamming doors. Very convenient to the Fitness room.

Ship - Liberty

Deck - 9 Lido

Stateroom # - 9289

Stateroom Category – 8E

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – NO. Very noisy at times. There is an door to the hallway very close to this cabin right by the entrance to the pool area. When this door was left open you could hear everything going on around the pool. When the DJ played, it may has well have been in the cabin. Very noisy on nights when there were deck parties. I would move further forward along the hallway and probably downgrade to an 8 D and save a few dollars It is a convenient location.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? -NO

Balcony View - – Unobstructed view

Balcony Size? Normal for class

Any specific problems with this cabin? Just the noise from the Lido at all hours of the day and night

Any other comments? -

Ship - Carnival Freedom

Deck - 7 Empress

Stateroom # - 7243

Stateroom Category – OS

Quiet Stateroom? Yes, very quiet stateroom

Balcony View - Unobstructed view

Balcony Size? Normal for class

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -

Any specific problems with this cabin? - No issues with this cabin

Any other comments? - Smooth ride in this cabin

Ship - Freedom

Deck - Lido (9)

Stateroom # - 9239, 9240

Stateroom Category – 4G

Starboard or Port Side - Both

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Very Quiet. Foot traffic is a minimum.

This room was perfect! We traveled with 8 total, so 4 in each room. It was perfect for our family being able to run straight out to the Lido deck for the pool and for food. My only complaint is you are very far forward and pretty high up. You feel the ship moving WAY more than lower decks.

Ship -Fantasy

Deck - Empress (7)

Stateroom # - E3

Stateroom Category – Porthole

Starboard or Port Side -Starboard

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes, end of hallway forward. Not much noise, even with theatre above

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? -No

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – N/A

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - N/A

Was wind a problem? -N/A

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? -No

Any other comments? - Bathroom is awkward shape but not bad.

Ship - Carnival Dream

Deck - 2 (Main)

Stateroom # - 2256

Stateroom Category – Cove Balcony

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes, very quite

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – View of water fantastic; only obstruction is balcony overhead

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Larger than regular balcony (more leg room)

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - n/a

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Not at all, great cabin.

Any other comments? - Fantastic location. Right near atrium elevators. Very easy to get to main theater.

Edited by bakersdozen12
  • Like 1

Ship - Carnival Conquest

Deck - 6 (Upper)

Stateroom # - 6450

Stateroom Category – L-Shaped Balcony Room

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes, very quite

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – View was fine

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Larger than regular balcony (long balcony w/ lounger); priced the same as regular balconies on this class of ship.

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -No; not technically aft, but last room on side before aft wrap. Soot was not a problem.

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Not at all, loved it!

Any other comments? - Exceptional balcony room; does not have a couch, but it has two windows.

• Like 1

Ship - Carnival Fascination

Deck - 7 (Empress)

Stateroom # - E8

Stateroom Category – Porthole Interior

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes. Only time we heard noise was when a huge group of people congregated in the hall outside our room and talked really loudly. Not a reflection of the location; rude, inconsiderate people can happen anywhere.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – n/a

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - n/a

Was wind a problem? - n/a

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Being at the front, it is a little far from the food areas, if you are looking to just grab a quick bite to eat.

Any other comments? - Nice cabin. No sofa. Right near the laundry room, which was very convenient.

Ship - Pride

Deck - Empress

Stateroom # - 6164

Stateroom Category – Ocean Suite

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Normal views but you can see the lifeboats below to the left.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? - No

Any specific problems with this cabin? -

Any other comments?

Ship - Glory

Deck - 6

Stateroom # - 6243

Stateroom Category – 8A

Quiet Stateroom? Mostly quiet. This room is above the Amber Palace show theater, if there are performances, you will hear them.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - No, but balcony divider could open to 6239

Balcony View - No obstructions

Balcony Size? Normal

Any specific problems with this cabin? - No major problems. Balcony door did not shut tightly unless given a hard pull. (Hopefully this will be taken care of in dry dock)

Any other comments? - Did not feel any ship movement, nice location

Ship - Magic

Deck - Lido

Stateroom # - 10204

Stateroom Category – 4J

Starboard or Port Side - Neither. Fwd

Quiet Stateroom? – Yes, very quiet

Loved the location and being on Lido deck. Also loved having a big window at an inside cabin price. Somewhat obstructed but great view. Wind only a problem if you go outside to the "secret" deck while the ship is moving. The cabin is all the way fwd so motion may be an issue for some but we loved it. Definitely recommend the 4J cabins on Magic.

Thank you for the review! Hope you enjoyed your cruise. We have next door 100206 booked for a September cruise.. thx :cool:

Ship - Magic

Deck - Lido

Stateroom # - 10204

Stateroom Category – 4J

Starboard or Port Side - Neither. Fwd

Quiet Stateroom? – Yes, very quiet

Loved the location and being on Lido deck. Also loved having a big window at an inside cabin price. Somewhat obstructed but great view. Wind only a problem if you go outside to the "secret" deck while the ship is moving. The cabin is all the way fwd so motion may be an issue for some but we loved it. Definitely recommend the 4J cabins on Magic.

Thank you for your review!! Hope you enjoyed your cruise. We have next door 10206 booked for a September sail..

Again, Thx :cool:

Ship - Vista

Deck - Lido

Stateroom # - 10280

Stateroom Category - 4I

Starboard or Port - Port

Quiet Stateroom? Absolutely NOT!! Directly over IMAX theater. Don't book any of the inside Lido rooms aft of the elevators. Terrible booming bass/vibrations every night until 1-2AM.

Cabin was not a connecting stateroom

Positive aspect of cabin was good A/C and close proximity to pool, bar, and food.

:oThank you thank you for posting this!!. We are looking to book Vista tomorrow and need help on deciding on a balcony cabin. I was concerned about the IMAX and now know I am right!!

Ship -Carnival Dream

Deck - 9

Stateroom # - 9277

Stateroom Category – 8E

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – No. Too close to glass elevators. Could hear everything going on in the Atrium Lobby. Probably wouldn't be a problem if you stay up late or wear ear plugs. Was not a problem for us.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No obstructions

Was wind a problem? - No

Any specific problems with this cabin? - No

Any other comments? - Since this was the first sailing out of dry dock the carpets and bedding were brand new.

Ship - Vista

Deck - 2

Stateroom # - 2339

Stateroom Category – 4C, Interior

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Very Quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Interior Room

Was wind a problem? - No problems

Any specific problems with this cabin? - No problems

Any other comments? - Usually, our issue would be the A/C but didn't have any of those issues on this boat

Ship - Miracle

Deck - 5

Stateroom # - 5299

Stateroom Category - 8M

Starboard or Port Side - neither, aft

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) - yes very quiet, faint engine noise was soothing

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - no

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. - Love the aft!

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - "Extended"

Was wind a problem? - Never

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - some soot on the chairs - use a beach towel if you are wearing light clothes

Any specific problems with this cabin? - none

Any other comments? - Perfect for warm weather cruises while underway. Stretch out on the lounger and read!

Ship - Dream

Deck - 8

Stateroom # - 8259

Stateroom Category - 8D

Starboard or Port Side - starboard

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) - yes

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. - Perfect location for watching the tendering boats arrive.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - normal

Was wind a problem? - some wind while underway

Any specific problems with this cabin? - no problems noted

Any other comments? - it's the most forward cabin in the "midships" category.

Ship - Victory

Deck - Verandah - Deck 8

Stateroom # - 8427

Stateroom Category – Premium Balcony

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Very quiet except the occasional chair sliding on Lido above. Could barely hear it

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Large overhang from Lido deck so you can't see much sky, good view straight down and straight out except there was a camera or something hanging toward the aft

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Extended balcony (probably at least double the length of the regular balcony cabins. No different in width. Room for 2 chairs, a table, a lounger and plenty of room to walk around.

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - its almost an aft cabin but not quite - no soot

Any specific problems with this cabin? - not that I can think of we loved it!

Any other comments? - Bring a LONG extension cord if you need to plug anything in bedside like a cpap. Because the room is so much larger you will need a longer cord.

2017-02-20%2014.09.27_zpshxy41msh.jpg2017-02-22%2007.31.58_zpsxsyiacny.jpg2017-02-20%2018.30.26_zpsblzxa8hy.jpg20170220_140717_zps4hrdpmxi.jpg20170220_143406_zpsqpwgrdlh.jpg

Edited by beccabgrateful
  • Like 1

Ship - Fantasy

Deck - Empress

Stateroom # - 144

Stateroom Category – Oceanview

Starboard or Port Side - Port Side

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Really quiet. No noises from other passengers, and no noises from any below or above floors.

Balcony View - n/a

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - n/a

Was wind a problem? - n/a

Any specific problems with this cabin? - No problems. If you get seasick, you can sometimes feel nauseous when in the bathroom (because there is a little step up to go into the bathroom, and for some reason my husband and I could both feel it in there. Same as in dining room.)

Any other comments? - Great room and great view!

Ship - Freedom

Deck - 8

Stateroom # - 8292

Stateroom Category – 8D

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes, with the exception of my one night when the boiler room/maintenance room/ some kind of room etc. on the Lido above my room had some sort of a malfunction, and there was a loud slamming/banging noise for hours on end. It took Maintenance hours to get it fixed, in the middle of the night. If you look on the cruise deck plans you can see that there is an empty space directly above this room, some kind of mechanical equipment is in there. Besides that one night, I had no complaints. It was even quiet during the daytime.

Balcony View - Great view, no obstruction. The balcony was covered from above, it was not open for people on higher decks to see you. And you get some shade.

Was wind a problem? - No

Any specific problems with this cabin? - See above to my noise comment

Any other comments? -

• Thanks 1

Ship -Magic

Deck – 12 (Spa)

Stateroom # - 12015

Stateroom Category – 8S

Starboard or Port Side – Starboard (right side, facing front of ship), fore (near front- 7 cabins from the front of ship)

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – very quiet; only people whopassed by where the few cabins beyond it in the corridor. Very little food traffic, no noisy areas (like crew working areas, ice machines, elevators).

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? – I don’t recall.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructionswas an issue. – Not obstructed, great view out and to the left & right.Only drawback to balcony is that it is not covered. It has slats covering itwhich offer no protection from the sun or rain. If you’re a sunworshipper, you’lllove it during nice weather. If it rains, your balcony could be off limits.Some said it was visible from top deck- not true… even if they wanted to leanout that far over the railing, there’s a glass partition that prevents it.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? – normal size

Was wind a problem? – only during stormy weather.

Any specific problems with this cabin? – no- it had a fridge, a sofa, safe usedan old gift card to lock/unlock; bathroom was unremarkable. Elemis productswere great- just enough for the cruise, not a lot left over to bring home. They also had a fabric spray that I just loved- a combo of coconut and plumeria that you spray on your pillow/sheets to give them a lovely fresh scent. I loved it so much my cabin steward gave me a few bottles to bring home! (he earned a few extra bucks for all his care and attention that week!)

Any other comments? –

I loved being so close to the spa. It meant I used it a lot more than I might have otherwise. BE AWARE- tile floors in the spa lobby are very slippery- make sure you bring the slippers they provide- they’re yours to keep FYI. I slipped in my bare feet without even being wet, right in front of the spa desk.

Thalassotherapy pool was okay I guess- the idea of resting in the loungers partially submerged in this miracle water never materialized for me… the bubbles made me even more buoyant than normal and I couldn’t lay on the loungers- I kept floating away! So I ended up sitting on the steps on the side.

The thermal loungers were awesome! I have a bad back that always acts up when I travel (strange beds etc) and these were like my whole body heating pads!

I have a bunch of pictures but short of loading them into Photobucket again, I don't know an easy way to post them. If someone wants to see the photos of this cabin, they can go to the review I did for this cruise, posts 23 & 24. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2127532

• Like 1

Ship - Freedom

Deck - 7

Stateroom # - 7362

Stateroom Category – 8c

Starboard or Port Side - idk

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – yes very much

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - yes

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. –

It was a great view without problems

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - it was just fine

Was wind a problem? - not really

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - na

Any specific problems with this cabin? - shower curtain didn't say put; steward could have been better

Any other comments? - ^great ship

Ship - Pride

Deck - 5 (Upper Deck)

Stateroom # - 5153

Stateroom Category – 7A

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Obstructed view, but a great view. Lifeboat came up to the railing. Could see out, over it, just not straight down. Had the front of the lifeboat, nose sloped down, so a bit less obstructed than other rooms.

Was wind a problem? - No. Some breeze is expected... the ship IS moving!

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Like most rooms, just one outlet. Bring a power strip to plug in more devices.

Any other comments? - Liked this room so much, we booked same room on our next cruise. Because the balcony is obstructed, it's less $$. Still had a great view.

Ship -Freedom

Deck - 2

Stateroom # - 2290

Stateroom Category – 4C

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Mostly. It was under the lobby, but it was only audible one night. The elevators are close, but we didn't get any extra noise from that.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - No.

Any specific problems with this cabin? - No.

Any other comments? - The room is next to a cleaning closet, which I think actually made it quieter. We never heard any of our neighbors at all though.