Stupid Question, please do not flame me

az-cruiser

Why risk it? My vote-go with the dress code. Wear a nice pair of unripped pants for dinner. Or a sun dress. Or a nice tunic and leggings. The folks I saw in Le Bistro and Cagney's were dressed very nice.

The OP is asking about lunch. I don’t know if my teenaged daughters even have unripped jeans at this point!

I really agree with you and don't like that trend. The problem is that it's very difficult to find lighter, in color, jeans without holes, at least where I live!

To the OP, for lunch I think your jeans will be ok.

Really? I can find lots of them even in our very small 'city'--but then I am not looking in Juniors; I am assuming the OP is rather young, just going by the way she states things.

It might be harder this time of year, though, to find lighter jeans. I have to admit I rarely wear real jeans anymore, preferring 'kind of'' skinny jeans with stretch. I say kind of because at my age I buy my 'skinny' jeans a size larger than I actually need so they are not plastered to my body.

Ragged clothes are NOT 'super cute.' They are ragged and make people look like a street person. Funny thing about stupid questions: they get stupid answers.

The OP said nothing about ragged clothes. The OP should be fine everywhere besides Le Bistro and the more formal MDR. I mean hell you can even wear shorts to these venues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The OP said nothing about ragged clothes. The OP should be fine everywhere besides Le Bistro and the more formal MDR. I mean hell you can even wear shorts to these venues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might be, might not be okay. As was mentioned before the dress code specifically addresses torn clothing. It will be a call by the MDR hosts which is hit and miss.

Really? I can find lots of them even in our very small 'city'--but then I am not looking in Juniors; I am assuming the OP is rather young, just going by the way she states things.

It might be harder this time of year, though, to find lighter jeans. I have to admit I rarely wear real jeans anymore, preferring 'kind of'' skinny jeans with stretch. I say kind of because at my age I buy my 'skinny' jeans a size larger than I actually need so they are not plastered to my body.

I'm 46 so I 'm not looking in Junior but it's still hard to find lighter jeans without holes.

OP, I agree with others who have said you might not be able to go to dinner in those jeans, lunch should be OK. Try one night and see, if you have to change it will only take a few minutes. As for the fashion element, ripped jeans are not my cup of tea but then again I'm old and still waiting for Leisure Suits to come back into fashion. :D

Gee you mean, they went out of style. I had better tell some the guys in our church that. :cool:

Ok, so every woman I know is wearing jeans or even pants that are distressed, holes and unhemed at the ankle. I have one such pair of nice white pants that have holes in the knees. ( I know, nice pants with holes,,but they are super cute!) Do you think they will let me in the dinning room for lunch with these on? Same pants, in black, do you think they would let me in the dinning room for dinner wearing them?

Please no rude comments, it's a fashion thing. Thank you:o

So I was on the Sky last year. My favorite capris are DISTREESED jeans (wear with some holes). I had no problem at lunch in the MDR. I did not and would not wear them to dinner as I feel they are a bit casual for a dinner outfit, bit would likely be able to dress them up.

Your jeans sound fine. I wouldn't do a formal dining room or specialty restaurant in them though. But that is my opinion. You can do what you want, it's your vacation. If tgey wont let you in the dining room, change or go eat at a different venue. There are many to choose from.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

LOL...ripped and torn isn't a gray area. They are either ripped/torn or they aren't. "Fashionably" ripped is still ripped.

So when I ripped my Kirkland jeans they didn't automatically become designer jeans? :(

Crap, I bought fifty pairs and ripped them all on a nail in the garage, right above the knee. Damn that hurt! Not just the stitches either, you try to fit into a pair of jeans in a size from 30 yeas ago.:o

I’m surprised that “every woman” you know is wearing ripped jeans. NO women I know are wearing them. I see lots of teenagers wearing them though. I suppose if I saw a woman them I’d assume she was having a midlife crisis. However, I’m typing this while I’m in my upper 40’s wearing Mickey Mouse leggings, so I generally think people can wear whatever they want.

I’m surprised that “every woman” you know is wearing ripped jeans. NO women I know are wearing them. I see lots of teenagers wearing them though. I suppose if I saw a woman them I’d assume she was having a midlife crisis. However, I’m typing this while I’m in my upper 40’s wearing Mickey Mouse leggings, so I generally think people can wear whatever they want.

Agree. It may be a regional thing. I never wear them, I’ve not seen any of my female friends wear them, and I really don’t even see them in stores.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A short while ago, the question was whether or not jeans of any kind were acceptable for dinner in any ship's venue. Now it's whether or not ripped clothes are OK.

Ripped clothes is not a fad or trend that I like to see on anyone, but that is the choice of the wearer, not me.