Alaska Menus

Tananda

Everyone here is so helpful! I am trying to decide which nights to book specialty restaurants on our NA cruise. Is there Anywhere in particular you would suggest I look for MDR menus? DH is a picky eater so want to book when there isn't so much he likes in the menu. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Thanks, Boatdrill. I didn't knpw aboit this site, but this shows the menus in no particular order. They are also from 2014. I was hoping to see in order. I had found a listing beforw out Caribbean cruise, but I assumed it would be different in Alaska.

Everyone here is so helpful! I am trying to decide which nights to book specialty restaurants on our NA cruise. Is there Anywhere in particular you would suggest I look for MDR menus? DH is a picky eater so want to book when there isn't so much he likes in the menu. Thanks in advance!

I have all of the latest HAL menus (Lido Market, MDR, Specialty restaurant, and bars) that I just copied a few days ago.They will be on my website in the next week. These menus cover all 7-day cruises for Alaska this season.

I have all of the latest HAL menus (Lido Market, MDR, Specialty restaurant, and bars) that I just copied a few days ago.They will be on my website in the next week. These menus cover all 7-day cruises for Alaska this season.

Thank you! I will keep my eyes peeled.

Thanks for posting this! Are the menus pretty much the same from each ship? We are doing a 14-day cruise ... do you know if the menus repeat for the second week? Sure looks like plenty of options!!!

Thanks for posting this! Are the menus pretty much the same from each ship? We are doing a 14-day cruise ... do you know if the menus repeat for the second week? Sure looks like plenty of options!!!

I did not ask but I assume the 14-day menus work much as the HAL Caribbean menus that have a few variations each day in the MDR for the second week. The menus are marked "A" which means there is also a "B" series just as in the Caribbean. When I compared my Caribbean menus for the second week, I noted only changes in the pasta type and how the same protein was prepared.

My website also has all of the Specialty Restaurant menus. I really liked the Canaletto but as a solo, I didn't want to order more than one appetizer. Two guests or more can order more and share. The Suppe de Pesci was fabulous.

My cruise also include three days in Denali if you have any questions.

As promised, here is the link to the Alaska 7-Day menus for 2017 (minor deviations are possible):

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/specialty-2/specifc-cruise-lido-and-mdr-menus/hal-7-day-alaska-2017-menus/

Never up late enough or hungry enough for the late night buffet, but those menus looks like the best menu choices of all.

As promised, here is the link to the Alaska 7-Day menus for 2017 (minor deviations are possible):

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/specialty-2/specifc-cruise-lido-and-mdr-menus/hal-7-day-alaska-2017-menus/

Thanks so much for posting this. I'm doing my first cruise ever in September -- 14-days to Alaska -- and this gives me a good idea of the kinds of things to expect.

Thank you so much for posting the menus. We are trying to decide when we want to go to the Tamarind and PG on our upcoming cruise. We haven't gone on a cruise in four years.

I am also vey excited to see guava juice is still offered in the morning! It is one of my favorite parts of the cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you! When the menu says "no sugar added" does that mean it has an artificial sweetener? Do you know if they have gluten free options available for sandwiches?

thank you

The "no sugar added" term is hard to pin down. I really like the HAL "so sugar added" chocolate mousse cake. It is not very sweet but I don't think it is sugar free. That is the best I can offer for your first question.

There are signs that gluten-free bread is available for sandwiches but I haven't seen anyone requesting it.

• 8 months later...
Thank you! When the menu says "no sugar added" does that mean it has an artificial sweetener? Do you know if they have gluten free options available for sandwiches?

thank you

As I understand the "technical" definitions, "no sugar added" has no extra sugar added in addition to what would be there naturally in the fruit and/or other whole foods that have natural sugars. There could also be artificial sweetners in a "no sugar added" food. Sugar free will definitely use alternative sweetners like stevia or erythritol and often times artificial sweetners as well.... but no ingredients with natural sugars in the mix.

Hope this clarifies :D

The menus are marked "A" which means there is also a "B" series just as in the Caribbean.

You do realize that means you're going to have to take a B2B pair of Alaska cruises

this year to get it right, don't you? :halo:

Seriously, thank you for your site!

You do realize that means you're going to have to take a B2B pair of Alaska cruises

this year to get it right, don't you? :halo:

Seriously, thank you for your site!

I will be taking a 14-day cruise to Alaska in May and will try to get the Alaska menus for those who follow.

Speaking of food on Alaska cruises, there was discussion awhile back about the evening outdoor deck BBQ being discontinued.

Is there an update on this ?

All outdoor cooking on HAL has been terminated since temporary outdoor cooking cannot meet the food preparation requirements of a fixed kitchen.

I think that serving food is OK just not cooking. Most HAL ships have a Taco Bar by their indoor pools but that is a fixed serving table with temp control and sneeze guards.