New York National September 11 Memorial and Museum visit

Solent Richard

Following our last trans-Atlantic crossing to New York on Queen Mary 2 I dearly wanted to visit the 9/11 Memorial and Museum...

36579012580_9b205305b1_z.jpg

With a little bit of planning my wife and I managed to visit both the Memorial and Museum plus take a trip to the Observation Deck of the One World Tower.

32012861436_f187329d34_z.jpg

31242070613_245f082c11_z.jpg

As a bonus we even managed to fit in another New York gem, a Roosevelt Island Tram ride...

32012864046_4018aaee0f_z.jpg

Any member or reader of these pages that'll be making future trips to New York may just be interested in my latest review that covers that full day in New York. With over 40 photographs it has already attracted a number of favourable comments on social media. Here is the link...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2017/10/06/one-way-to-do-new-york-memorial-edition/

Richard, you and your spouse have enjoyed a very special part of NYC and the United States. The 9-11 memorial is not only a memorial to the dreadful events of that day and the losses, it is a beautiful peaceful place to contemplate the beauty of of the trees and the calming nature of the fountains. It is a place to contemplate a better future. The ride up on the lifts to the observation floors on One World is amazing travel through not only space but time. I would recommend it to any visitor to NYC.

Once again you nailed it.

Can’t wait for your next cruise review. Thanks for all the work you do in putting your blog together.

Richard, you and your spouse have enjoyed a very special part of NYC and the United States. The 9-11 memorial is not only a memorial to the dreadful events of that day and the losses, it is a beautiful peaceful place to contemplate the beauty of of the trees and the calming nature of the fountains. It is a place to contemplate a better future. The ride up on the lifts to the observation floors on One World is amazing travel through not only space but time. I would recommend it to any visitor to NYC.

Thank you both for your kind comments.

The view from the top ain't bad either...

31903691942_03977425c2_z.jpg

What great pictures- Solent Richard- the visit to the Memorial and staying a while there is always a MUST DO for me- in NYC, afterwards a stroll just across the street to the new wintergarden- I forgot the new name- and sitting there with a nice view over the Hudson. Just the thing- and exactly the thing I plan for my day visist next week! For a first I will try the new ferry option to get into NYC! Thanks for sharing!

I ended up with a very nice suite midship on the port side in the category I booked originally, but the location should prove to be smooth sailing, sunny assuming we get some sun, and convenient to the Commodore and to the dining room. So I am very happy.