Cruising with Pullmantur

CruiseLovininIL

• 4 weeks later...

I cruised on Pullmantur Monarch Sept 2016 from Bilbao, Spain to Colon, Panama. About 1,000 passengers for 14 days, lots of English speaking passengers, all crew spoke English. European flair to food so I loved it...some people didn't.

I am taking the same cruise again this Sept...so that says something!

• 1 month later...

Hello DEB51, I am also taking the cruise in Sept to Colon, traveling single, looking to share transportation to Panama. Or even just best options. Have any ideas or research on it? At the moment my plan is to stay in Colon at a farm/hotel called La Granja Campo Y Aventura possibly do a jungle tour with my friend Mario. Looking to maybe find a group that would like to do that. Then ride the train into Panama on Monday, but it would make it so I would not see much of the city. (Train does not run on Sunday)

Any Help would be great or even just meet up on the ship

Cheryl

Hello all, Any one boarding from Gran Canaria on Monarch sept' 2017? This will be my first time sailing due to very low cost cruise. I am 60 and will be flying out from LAX on 23rd sept. Love to have company from start. Please reply with as much detail possible.

Sonny

I am booked on 1st October from Athens. I have previously sailed with NCL and RCCL and really like the freestyle/my time dining but I don't see an option for that on Pullmantur, can anyone tell me if you can ask for a table for two if you are in a lowly inside cabin or are you just put on a big table with lots of others potentially of different languages?

Many thanks in advance

Gail

Unfortunately the only 'free-style' option is to go to the buffet.

My experience on Pullmantur has been they book you at a table with English-speakers, if you don't speak Spanish. I believe you can change to a table for two, if you want to - at the beginning of the cruise. A lot of people don't go to the dining room, I have found.

Also, if you meet people you like and the other members of your table don't show up, you can invite your new acquaintances to join your table.

Enjoy your trip!

Unfortunately the only 'free-style' option is to go to the buffet.

My experience on Pullmantur has been they book you at a table with English-speakers, if you don't speak Spanish. I believe you can change to a table for two, if you want to - at the beginning of the cruise. A lot of people don't go to the dining room, I have found.

Also, if you meet people you like and the other members of your table don't show up, you can invite your new acquaintances to join your table.

Enjoy your trip!

Thank you that helps. I was worried we would be the only two non fluent spanish speakers at the table

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I cruised on Pullmantur Monarch Sept 2016 from Bilbao, Spain to Colon, Panama. About 1,000 passengers for 14 days, lots of English speaking passengers, all crew spoke English. European flair to food so I loved it...some people didn't.

I am taking the same cruise again this Sept...so that says something!

Were there indian origin on your last cruise. I am interested 2017 sept cruise.

Sonny

Hi All,

We just booked the Sovereign for April 23, 2018 from Barcelona. It will be our first time on Pullmantur. We booked an interior room. I see that many people like the suites, but we cruise frequently and to keep it affordable, we usually book interior staterooms. Any helpful hints are truly appreciated.

Best regards,

Bob and Caryn

Hello, We have a cruise booked in Oct out of panama on the Monarch. We have sailed on Pullmantur twice. Once on the Monarch and once on the Horizon.

Best advice is go with an open mind. We have been on many cruises prior to Pullmantur. We enjoy the "different" experience. We speek very limited Spanish, But were able to manage the week.

Enjoyed most shows. food was great, just different from mainstream lines.. No Lobster night. Late dinning.

All and all a good cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I am also on this cruise departing Gran Canaria on 25th September to Colon, Panama.

Yes I would to join a group for a shared transfer (maybe tour on the way) to Panama City hotel on 8 October.

I looked and transfers are $100 up and a couple of the well known reputable transfer companies are already fully booked such as Amber Moon.

Pullmantur do a shared coach from Colon port to Panama City (Albrook bus station) but upon being asked Paula Diaz (Pullmantur LATAM) she said it is not available and it was just $22 each. So now the only safe option is to pay for a private or group transfer.

Please get back to me.

Thanks

Martin

Hello all, Any one boarding from Gran Canaria on Monarch sept' 2017? This will be my first time sailing due to very low cost cruise. I am 60 and will be flying out from LAX on 23rd sept. Love to have company from start. Please reply with as much detail possible.

Sonny

Hi

I am also on this cruise departing Gran Canaria on 25th September to Colon, Panama.

Yes I would to join a group for a shared transfer (maybe tour on the way) to Panama City hotel on 8 October.

I looked and transfers are $100 up and a couple of the well known reputable transfer companies are already fully booked such as Amber Moon.

Pullmantur do a shared coach from Colon port to Panama City (Albrook bus station) but upon being asked Paula Diaz (Pullmantur LATAM) she said it is not available and it was just $22 each. So now the only safe option is to pay for a private or group transfer.

Please get back to me.

Thanks

Martin

Hello DEB51, I am also taking the cruise in Sept to Colon, traveling single, looking to share transportation to Panama. Or even just best options. Have any ideas or research on it? At the moment my plan is to stay in Colon at a farm/hotel called La Granja Campo Y Aventura possibly do a jungle tour with my friend Mario. Looking to maybe find a group that would like to do that. Then ride the train into Panama on Monday, but it would make it so I would not see much of the city. (Train does not run on Sunday)

Cheryl

Hi

Please get back to me.

Thanks

Martin

Colon is a very dangerous place. You can get a bus from the bus station to Panama City but this is located in a notorious area of Colon. There is the train but that leaves at 17:15 and there is no where for luggage as really it is a just commuter train (unless you want your big 23kg case on your lap for an hour). I would avoid getting a taxi on arrival as you will more likely be scammed in some way and overcharged. If I can get a group of people a mini van/minibus is a good option with a tour on the way. Let me know. Thanks

• Like 1

Hi

Please get back to me.

Thanks

Martin

Hi everyone - there is another forum on this cruise so its going to get messy and confusing with information being posted on one and not on the other - might be nice if everyone was on the same page (literally)

I will speak to Pullmantur HO in Spain and find out about the transfers issue - sounds very fishy to me - more like she is trying to sell you an nice expensive excursion

Hi

Which other forum?

Please let me know.

Also had a reply from someone else at Pullmantur who also said the transfer bus is not available until October until the start of regular weekly cruises. However their tours from the ship to Panama (6-7 hours) start at just $39 which is much less than the $90 you need to pay for a private transfer with one of the reputable companies offering the service or pay upwards of $120 on the day for a taxi. Plus Pullmantur offered me 20% off the Panama tour price. Oh I was booked on to a weekly cruise in November and they had no trouble adding on the bus transfer then (same person) so doubt they were pulling a fast one. Thanks

Hi everyone - there is another forum on this cruise so its going to get messy and confusing with information being posted on one and not on the other - might be nice if everyone was on the same page (literally)

I will speak to Pullmantur HO in Spain and find out about the transfers issue - sounds very fishy to me - more like she is trying to sell you an nice expensive excursion

I just booked this cruise, I took the Lisbon -> Colon last Sept on this ship, and a group of friends and I took the May 9 Limon -> Lisbon cruise this year.

I would share transfer to Panama City.

Hi

Which other forum?

Please let me know.

Also had a reply from someone else at Pullmantur who also said the transfer bus is not available until October until the start of regular weekly cruises. However their tours from the ship to Panama (6-7 hours) start at just $39 which is much less than the $90 you need to pay for a private transfer with one of the reputable companies offering the service or pay upwards of $120 on the day for a taxi. Plus Pullmantur offered me 20% off the Panama tour price. Oh I was booked on to a weekly cruise in November and they had no trouble adding on the bus transfer then (same person) so doubt they were pulling a fast one. Thanks

I took the tour last Sept, and then a taxi to my hotel from the drop off point. The other forum is a roll call for this sailing.

The Roll Call for Sep 25/17 Transatlantic cruise is at

Boards>ROLL CALLS>All other cruise lines roll calls>

Monarch (Pullmantur) transatlantic Sept 25th 2017

It would be great if we could post to that one...I only noticed this thread because my pal Val posted to it...it will be fun to see you again Val😊.

I am hoping to share a transfer to PTY Oct 8.

Deb

According to Pullmantur Madrid - their winter season shuttle bus transfers - Colon to Panama City/PTY commence on Oct 8th - as in the day we arrive - and they will be offered for booking onboard a day or so before arrival. hope this helps

According to Pullmantur Madrid - their winter season shuttle bus transfers - Colon to Panama City/PTY commence on Oct 8th - as in the day we arrive - and they will be offered for booking onboard a day or so before arrival. hope this helps

Good news. Did you post to the other thread?

Cheryl

Hi Cheryl

try posting to the Monarch rollcall (see my earlier post)

I'm flying out on Oct 8... check out the other posts regarding a transfer.

Maybe CC people can meetup on the ship after safety drill or something.

• 2 weeks later...
My husband and friends are doing the transatlantic on the Monarch in May from Cartagena Columbia to Lisbon Portugal.

And my cousin and I are doing the Mediterranean Breezes on the Sovereign (Spain-Italy-France) at the end of October.

How did they like it? Would they recommend it?

Thanks,

Judy

• 2 weeks later...