New Internet Packages Available

karin037

interesting, this looks very similar to what carnival has

i wonder if they will update the latitude internet perk which is currently this:

Additional Internet Minutes

15 free Internet minutes with 100-minute Internet package purchase and 30 free Internet minutes with 250-minute Internet package purchase

looks like that might be only valid on the new 250 plan right now

I have the 250 minutes included with the DV package but would happily pay for this package to ensure wifi connection on my TA cruise... hope it's accurate.

Thanks for the heads up.. ;)

Unlimited Wifi Package – Unlimited use throughout the cruise | Save up to 15% when booking online

This Unlimited plan gives you internet access throughout the entire cruise.

• PRICE $273.00

Edited by All-ready2cruise
PS... more infor

I'm curious, I previously purchased an "Internet - unlimited" plan for my March 7 sailing on the Pearl. I wonder how this corresponds to the new packages, including whether I will be allowed streaming.

Edited by kchoya
mispelling

This tiered plan has been piloted on a couple of ships for a year (March 2017). It is [finally] being rolled out fleetwide.

You can still use your "free" internet as credit against one of the packages once on board (i.e., at full price).

Satellite WiFi/"broadband" is still, relatively speaking, rather expensive and it would be an easier "sell" at those prices if there is a noticeable speed boost/increase, not just caching and/or using compression "tricks". Comparing ... oranges vs. apples, one of the niece that sailed more on RCL these days pay less for more speed ... her group of "ladies" doing a T/A on the Jade next month - ahead of us, should be interesting if it's available.

Checking our upcoming cruise (Gem) & one BIL's (Escape) - looks like it is being offered on both sailings late next month ... so, it is looking like a fleetwide rollout (finally, fingers crossed)

Prices quoted (Platinum and/or online discount given, activation fees waived) for 7 days

Social Media WiFi @ $87.50

Unlimited WiFi @ $178.50

Unlimited Premium WiFi @ $206.50 ($28 more or $4 extra per day x 7)

250 minutes Plan is $105.00

Up till recently - $85 was the written offered price to upgrade for those with the Free At Sea promo WiFi 250 minutes package to unlimited - assume that NCL will come up with a price tag to upsell to these unlimited ones, without and with the premium option that allow "streaming" ... question is whether there is the bandwidth to dynamically handle the extra loads & demands, etc. at sea.

In practice - IMO - our experience is that, excluding port days - we really stay connected for longer period of time on about 4 out of those 7 days, whether it is a limited plan or not. With our SlingTV account, we need at least a 3 or 4 Mbps speed consistently for a decent 360p connection and prefer a 5 to 6 Mbps for a 480p or 720p - otherwise, not worth streaming at those premium prices.

Let's see who will be among the first to get some benchmark results ... on mobile speedtest dot net

I'm curious, I previously purchased an "Internet - unlimited" plan for my March 7 sailing on the Pearl. I wonder how this corresponds to the new packages, including whether I will be allowed streaming.

I am wondering this too. I purchased the unlimited plan online for my cruise leaving today. I am hoping to get a credit for the lower price or at the very least get the premium plan. I will find out later today!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think these have been available on Escape for a while, but it looks like they lowered the pre-purchase price. I noticed the Unlimited Premium used to say VPN access included (as well as streaming) but I no longer see that. I really hope they still allow upgrades from the 250 minute internet perk to the unlimited or unlimited premium package on board. That is what I am planning to do next week.

So I have the 250 minute promo. When I get onboard do I go to guest services or the internet guy to pay the upgrade difference?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I guess I will find this out today. Why do I have the feeling if I go to internet guy he will send me to guest services and if I go to guest services they will send me to internet guy? I’ll find out and report back!

I guess I will find this out today. Why do I have the feeling if I go to internet guy he will send me to guest services and if I go to guest services they will send me to internet guy? I’ll find out and report back!

Please do report back. What ship are you on?

So I have the 250 minute promo. When I get onboard do I go to guest services or the internet guy to pay the upgrade difference?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes - it will be a difference of $85 for unlimited- that is what I paid for 7 day Epic. You do know there are now different packages - just saw it on the Epic internet choices. What is screwy in my opinion is he adds extra days to your account - like $29.95 or something but it comes out to an $85 charge. If you go on the first day - it doesn't take effect until after 4 or something - but bottom line you do have to go to him and he is next to customer services and there will be a line but you do not go to customer services! Good luck - it was a hassle.

Unlimited Social Media Wifi – Unlimited use throughout the cruise | Save up to 15% when booking online

This Unlimited Social Media plan gives you access to major social media sites throughout the cruise.

• PRICE $162.50

When I looked at this plan, this is what I found on the page where you order it under "Things to know":

"Price displayed is per day use. Total cruise rate will

be calculated based on the number of cruise days."

So I believe it is $162.50 per day, so a 10 day cruise would be $1625.00. The same statement was noted on the unlimited WiFi and unlimited premium WiFi packages. But on the unlimited internet package it states:

"price displayed is for unlimited internet for the

duration of your cruise".

I could be wrong, but I would advise if anyone is going to purchase these plans that you check first before being blind sided.

Please do report back. What ship are you on?

Just got off the Epic Go to internet manager and request to pay the difference between the free at see 250 minutes and unlimited

Yes - it will be a difference of $85 for unlimited- that is what I paid for 7 day Epic. You do know there are now different packages - just saw it on the Epic internet choices. What is screwy in my opinion is he adds extra days to your account - like $29.95 or something but it comes out to an $85 charge. If you go on the first day - it doesn't take effect until after 4 or something - but bottom line you do have to go to him and he is next to customer services and there will be a line but you do not go to customer services! Good luck - it was a hassle.

Also make sure you bring your phone I had to to to set up something I was confused on as I didn’t want to set up and then upgrade. Also I think I had to go back later than 4 as internet didn’t start till we left port.

When I looked at this plan, this is what I found on the page where you order it under "Things to know":

"Price displayed is per day use. Total cruise rate will

be calculated based on the number of cruise days."

So I believe it is $162.50 per day, so a 10 day cruise would be $1625.00. The same statement was noted on the unlimited WiFi and unlimited premium WiFi packages. But on the unlimited internet package it states:

"price displayed is for unlimited internet for the

duration of your cruise".

I could be wrong, but I would advise if anyone is going to purchase these plans that you check first before being blind sided.

Hah I noticed that too. Hope they correct it [emoji3]

Also make sure you bring your phone I had to to to set up something I was confused on as I didn’t want to set up and then upgrade. Also I think I had to go back later than 4 as internet didn’t start till we left port.

Would love to know how the speed is on the epic....we wanted to skype our son back home and also stream some basketball games

The new interenet packages mention one you can stream on. What is confusing to me is of the 5 they offer - I can't see any difference between these 2: (price is for 15 day TA)

315.thumb.jpg.c1270ee6d05076f967f50080a336b37a.jpg

Wow! NCL prices are expensive. On our MSC cruise we just paid $29.90 total for the unlimited Social package, for 14 days. Works out to $2.13 per day. The same package on NCL would cost $175.00. Hopefully NCL will rethink their pricing.