Ventura Retreat

Krissyboi

Hi guys

I am looking for a bit of advice on the retreat on board Ventura.

I have tried googling it and on the P & O website however I can't get much info.

It's my birthday onboard and would generally never consider it but as it is a special occasion I'm curious.

What exactly do you get for your £20?

Any experience of anyone who has used it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Kris ☺️

Kris 🚢😎🌴

Hi guys

I am looking for a bit of advice on the retreat on board Ventura.

I have tried googling it and on the P & O website however I can't get much info.

It's my birthday onboard and would generally never consider it but as it is a special occasion I'm curious.

What exactly do you get for your £20?

Any experience of anyone who has used it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Kris ☺️

Kris 🚢😎🌴

When embarking for the first time, go immediately to the Retreat and book for the whole duration of your cruise.

What does one get?

Oversized padded comfortable sunbed.

Drinks served

Food and snacks

Rome between Beds

Peace and quiet

Etc etc

What you do not get?

Have to rise before dawn to get a bed

Cruise Herds

Noise

Seal colonies etc

Sounds pretty damn lush tbh how much is it for a full cruise or is it just £20 multiplied by how many nights your cruise is?

Kris 🚢😎🌴

Per day, but asked for, and received, the start day to be the following day, and excluding the last day.

Booked the whole cruse, at that time there was a 20% discount.

A little piece luxury to "Retreat" to

• 1 month later...

After spending 40 MINUTES on hold to P&O help line to ask a few questions (reckon it's because I selected "booked with a travel agent on the phone options!), I also asked how to book the Retreat for a day or two (before sailing) for me and my Mum - they told me I could do it on line in "treats" they thought.

I have just spent an age searching and cannot anywhere to book it before hand.

Don't want to phone them again to ask so can anyone guide me please? Not amused!

After spending 40 MINUTES on hold to P&O help line to ask a few questions (reckon it's because I selected "booked with a travel agent on the phone options!), I also asked how to book the Retreat for a day or two (before sailing) for me and my Mum - they told me I could do it on line in "treats" they thought.

I have just spent an age searching and cannot anywhere to book it before hand.

Don't want to phone them again to ask so can anyone guide me please? Not amused!

Sorry to say but I think you have been given incorrect information. Unless booked as part of a (very expensive) spa package the retreat can only be booked onboard and in the case of day tickets only on the day in question

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

You can only book the Retreat on board. We were on the 16th September 2017 sailing and had no trouble booking for the full cruise once we got on board. Have to say for us it was money well spent not crowded at all. Of course they will try to sell you expensive Spa packages, but stay strong and eventually they will give up

Is that £20 pp or £20 per cabin, if its pp that can make it expensive to book for the whole cruise (doing reposition transatlantic), especially as we won't hit good weather if lucky until after Madeira, so on 15nts minus first and last day could cost £520 minus any discount if you are lucky. Would love to do it but it seems an awful lot of money. I think I might just have to dream on.

OK now I've returned I can post an informed (accurate) update. P&O helpline's pre-sail info was wrong - wrong price and wrong booking info.

It is £25 per person! I was not informed of what I got for my money and ended up getting a very expensive sunbed and three towels, so demanded a refund after two complaints and three days.

What should happen. If you do not book for the whole cruise:

- you have to book on the day to see if there is availability. You can phone from 8am but have to turn up in person to pay from 9am onwards. In my case there was hardly anyone up there all day (I came and went over lunchtime as no-one told me I could get a complimentary breakfast and complimentary light lunch, so went off to the buffet!) There is also comp coffee, tea and cold water ... that no-one showed me but was highlighted by another guest at 4.30 when I asked where their coffee came from!

I was assured that their were two staff up there to meet my every need ... but they didn't assist me. The sun beds, though more comfy than those on the main deck (I have back trouble, so it was quite an attraction), are all looking v worn and in need of a serious refit (March 2018).

Other guests I met up there said that when the area is really useful/vital is in places like the Carribbean where deck-chairs on the main decks are impossible to find. Apparently the Retreat has a line of people waiting to book as soon as they board the ship! Personally, in the Med, I felt it was a waste of money and the service poor.