Everything.. Norwegian BLISS! - launch April 2018 -

m8ih5l.jpg

As per request; the Everything.. Bliss thread!

After a renamed ship (Asian bound Norwegian Joy) this thread will be dedicated to the build, launch and inaugural sailings of Norwegian Bliss!

After Norwegian Escape she's the third in her class, Breakaway Plus, and second to enter service in the American market in May 2018.

Currently under construction at Meyer Werft in Germany she will be built in three megablocks which will be floated out of the enormous covered building hall to make space for the following megablock while sharing the same building hall with megablocks for another ship. Once are megablocks are done they will be "bolted" together inside again, where construction will enter the final stages and a float out ceremony will be done and that will be our first and complete look on the next Norwegian ship; Bliss!

Until that moment we will stalk the build with speculation, webcam stills from Meyer Werft, snapshots taken by ship yard workers and so on. Any Bliss related item is welcome, the Everything.. threads thrive on everyone's participation and together as one community we can make the very best of it! :D So feel free to add anything related, thanks all!

The game is on! :cool:

Hurray :p You do read your emails!

Thank you so much for starting this thread. We're booked on the 8 day Mexican Riviera cruise Oct of 2018. Aft facing balcony stateroom on deck 12. We've had stern balconies before and enjoyed them. It's not much more to switch to a spa balcony stateroom (love the spas) but am not sure about the big overhang above coupled with smaller balcony size. Also considered just going OV to save some $$ .... decisions, decisions.

We've got some cruises scheduled between now and then so the time will go quickly. I loved all the "Everything" threads and I'm sure this one will be just as good.

Hurray :p You do read your emails!

Thank you so much for starting this thread. We're booked on the 8 day Mexican Riviera cruise Oct of 2018. Aft facing balcony stateroom on deck 12. We've had stern balconies before and enjoyed them. It's not much more to switch to a spa balcony stateroom (love the spas) but am not sure about the big overhang above coupled with smaller balcony size. Also considered just going OV to save some $$ .... decisions, decisions.

We've got some cruises scheduled between now and then so the time will go quickly. I loved all the "Everything" threads and I'm sure this one will be just as good.

Heheh. :D

Consider one of the few forward facing O1's, best ocean view money can buy on BA+ if you don't have a problem with all the way forward. 9700 up to 13700 on Bliss if they are identical to Escape. There are two or more old threads I posted in, only known pictures are my own from 2015. Nobody seems to report back on those threads or forgets to shoot some better/more pics! The room also has the white space on the deck plans, BA class has disabled staterooms on those spots.

Yay, FreestyleNovice! I've been waiting for this thread.

We are booked on the Bliss for the inaugural Seattle to Alaska cruise on June 2, 2018. Cannot wait! This will be our first time on a mega size ship and also our first time on a brand new ship. We splurged a little extra for an aft balcony cabin. Only 436 days to go! ;)

Thank you, I have been waiting not-so-patiently...... you're awesome!

m8ih5l.jpg

As per request; the Everything.. Bliss thread!

After a renamed ship (Asian bound Norwegian Joy) this thread will be dedicated to the build, launch and inaugural sailings of Norwegian Bliss!

After Norwegian Escape she's the third in her class, Breakaway Plus, and second to enter service in the American market in May 2018.

Currently under construction at Meyer Werft in Germany she will be built in three megablocks which will be floated out of the enormous covered building hall to make space for the following megablock while sharing the same building hall with megablocks for another ship. Once are megablocks are done they will be "bolted" together inside again, where construction will enter the final stages and a float out ceremony will be done and that will be our first and complete look on the next Norwegian ship; Bliss!

Until that moment we will stalk the build with speculation, webcam stills from Meyer Werft, snapshots taken by ship yard workers and so on. Any Bliss related item is welcome, the Everything.. threads thrive on everyone's participation and together as one community we can make the very best of it! :D So feel free to add anything related, thanks all!

The game is on! :cool:

I agree about the observation lounges. I debated about booking so many "unknowns", but when I saw those, I was sold (and booked)!

Deckplans:

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/Norwegian-Bliss

One of the, in my opinion, best features of Bliss are the forward observation lounges;

os-norwegian-bliss-coming-to-miami-20170114

Her (electric) go kart track is supposed to be longer than Joy's, as said by FDR.

Great Outdoors at the "Spice H20" spot aft?

04b_NCLBliss_FI_10-25-16.jpg

Blocks incoming!

Build in Poland, transported via sea and canals to Meyer Werft in West Germany; this is the lower part of the hull where the engines are and also the same section where the ship's stabilizers are situated.

6231a7f5286a42119a2bcdc49f6c2f68.png

Not much to see for now but this will be a cruise ship within a year! :cool:

Currently Genting/Dream Cruises' World Dream (a BA class) is occupying the building hall.. Move that ship! ..who needs a ship that goes to Asia anyway! Oh did I hear *cough* Joy? ;p

Haven 2 Bedroom Family Villa and Penthouses - information

I just wanted to pass along some balcony info.

I had noticed the balcony square footage had a range, which was a first since it has been fixed (and disappointingly very small) on previous ships (Epic, Aways and Escape).

43 -127 sq ft was listed on NCL website. I asked a CAS phone rep about it and he said they were all the same! After pressing the issue, he looked further and read that the deck 17 will have the 127sq ft size and deck 18 will have the 43 sq ft.

Now, IME NCL reps give out lots of erroneous info, so heed with caution.;)

This balcony range appears to be the case on the 2 types of Penthouses, also. I did not ask if the deck signifies the balcony size on those categories. If you click the details at the bottom of the individual diagrams on the deck plans that Freestyle provided, it will list the range.

Haven 2 Bedroom Family Villa and Penthouses - information

I just wanted to pass along some balcony info.

I had noticed the balcony square footage had a range, which was a first since it has been fixed (and disappointingly very small) on previous ships (Epic, Aways and Escape).

43 -127 sq ft was listed on NCL website. I asked a CAS phone rep about it and he said they were all the same! After pressing the issue, he looked further and read that the deck 17 will have the 127sq ft size and deck 18 will have the 43 sq ft.

Now, IME NCL reps give out lots of erroneous info, so heed with caution.;)

This balcony range appears to be the case on the 2 types of Penthouses, also. I did not ask if the deck signifies the balcony size on those categories. If you click the details at the bottom of the individual diagrams on the deck plans that Freestyle provided, it will list the range.

Hmm.. listing balcony sizes isn't NCL best feature heh..

I don't see or expect any structural differences between deck 17 and 18 that could be that influence that much.

fe23a92b0a494c31b5144b76a4459970.png

The odd thing is that deck 17 has some white space around the cabin balconies!

742bb2d5fb45467e9b2215ddd54f977e.pnga2962dd5e06c4c2889766f814a7151d4.png

How do I follow this thread?

You are now, by posting in a thread or using thread tools to subscribe without posting. It will now appear in your control panel under Subscribed Threads where you can set a notification for new posts. :)

As time goes on this thread will become a great source of information! :hearteyes: