luggage tags

jswdlw

Does NCL still send out luggage tags? I haven't seen any and just wanted to verify if this is still done. If they don't I assume I have to download them. If I download them, how on earth do they want me to attached them so they don't get torn off. Paper does tear

I have a supply of 2.5 inch clear packing tape. I print them and apply tape to cover both sides on the printed sheet. Then I cut them out and they are plastic coated. I also make 2 for each piece of luggage. I have never had one come off yet. I also place contact info that can easily be seen as soon as luggage is opened in case of mishap. Never lost any luggage yet..

Does NCL still send out luggage tags? I haven't seen any and just wanted to verify if this is still done. If they don't I assume I have to download them. If I download them, how on earth do they want me to attached them so they don't get torn off. Paper does tear

They do send the tags out if you are in a suite. Otherwise others gave you great advice.

After you download them:

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 months later...
They do send the tags out if you are in a suite. Otherwise others gave you great advice.

How far in advance do they send out suite luggage tags? And are they laminated in some way? I was about to print my docs at home and do the strapping tape thing - otherwise I will wait for them to come by snail mail...

We've sailed in Haven suites twice in 2017, and never received luggage tags for either sailing. So don't hold your breath. We printed them, and put them in tag holders bought on Amazon which worked great.

I have a supply of 2.5 inch clear packing tape. I print them and apply tape to cover both sides on the printed sheet. Then I cut them out and they are plastic coated. I also make 2 for each piece of luggage. I have never had one come off yet. I also place contact info that can easily be seen as soon as luggage is opened in case of mishap. Never lost any luggage yet..

This is exactly what I do. Works like a charm.

Tags are only sent in advance to Haven Suite guest.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Tags are sent to all full suite havens gardens villas class cabins.

A set of three for 2 passengers.

These tags have a sticky back remove the backing and loop the tag around the handle pressing

the ends together.

Bags with wheels --- tags go on the top handle and not the side handles

If you need more tags these are downloaded and printed from your computer.

We've sailed in Haven suites twice in 2017, and never received luggage tags for either sailing. So don't hold your breath. We printed them, and put them in tag holders bought on Amazon which worked great.

Yes if you have not received the sticky tags from NCL by three weeks from cruising - use your own wits !

Normally you should receive the tags somewhere around 5 weeks before sailing but from reading here

it would be apparent that NCL is lacking in originality aptness and thought in other words NCL screwed up !

If you wait until you reach the pier and use the porter supplied tags - remember to have your cabin number

ready to write on the tag otherwise you will have to go lost & found on the ship to get your;

blankety blank BLANK TAGGED BAG !

X X X X X

Everyone here at CC has great ideas about bags tags handling avoiding pitfalls (not having enough ID on

the tag or inside the bag to unite with its owner if mishandled or lost).

Tags are only sent in advance to Haven Suite guest.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are in a Family Suite (not Haven) and today we received six tags via snail mail. They are self-adhesive and appear like tearing/ripping won't be a problem. Similar to what airlines use when they tag your bags when you check them.

The way they print (normally) is so you can fold the whole paper to make it thicker and less “rippable” then you can staple to your bags or tape if you like

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, I have just folded the paper per the directions and the tags come out thick enough they are not as "rippable". I haven't bothered to add tape - I just staple them on using stapler at front desk of whatever hotel I'm staying at before going to port. (I do run my hand over the back of the stapled part to verify the staple points aren't sticking out all wonky and pointy.)