FTTF Luggage

Defender1791

Does Carnival not have an expedited luggage "que" for FTTF guests, similar to the way they do boarding?

I ask because, we've purchased it twice, and both times, our luggage didn't arrive for a few hours.

I've seen it on the carts just buried amongst all the other passenger bags by the elevators. This time, 4 of our 5 bags (Family of 5) came between 3:30 & 4:00 pm. The 5th bag got there sometime after 5:45pm and a visit to guest services, since it was delivered while at dinner.

The time from the curb dropping off our bags with a porter, to our room has been no more than 15 minutes both times. (Porter was tipped $15)

The luxury of having my room ready upon boarding, along with priority guest services, & tender alone is worth it in MY opinion. It's great to lounge in my room instead of navigating the ship looking for an empty seat while I wait for my room.

I just haven't seen the advertised benefit of having my luggage promptly delivered. I know that it's pressing to have it processed and delivered by the time I've gotten to my room in 15 minutes. But, I would think that luggage would at least be separated and placed on "priority" carts for, yes of course first for the Platinum/Diamond, and then for the FTTF cruisers.

Anyway, my disclaimer here is that I'm not mad or even griping. Just sitting here in Montego Bay, waiting for the wife to get dressed for the MDR, and figured I'd ask. I will continue to purchase it as long as it is offered. I'm just sharing my experiences with FTTF, and inquiring if my experiences have just been flukes, or if it's the norm.

Happy Sailing to you all from the beautiful Carnival Breeze!

1fb287a5ca7824e67ba02c7e08b11c8f.jpg

Sent from my Moto Z Droid.

I can't quote times, but three of our bags were delivered very early. The fourth bag didn't arrive until after dinner. I wasn't terribly impressed... especially since all the luggage was dropped off together?? The early luggage delivery wasn't one of the key reasons we purchased FTTF on that cruise, though, and everything else was exactly as promised.

Thanks for the peek of your view. It looks gorgeous, enjoy!!

Does Carnival not have an expedited luggage "que" for FTTF guests, similar to the way they do boarding?

I ask because, we've purchased it twice, and both times, our luggage didn't arrive for a few hours.

I've seen it on the carts just buried amongst all the other passenger bags by the elevators. This time, 4 of our 5 bags (Family of 5) came between 3:30 & 4:00 pm. The 5th bag got there sometime after 5:45pm and a visit to guest services, since it was delivered while at dinner.

The time from the curb dropping off our bags with a porter, to our room has been no more than 15 minutes both times. (Porter was tipped $15)

The luxury of having my room ready upon boarding, along with priority guest services, & tender alone is worth it in MY opinion. It's great to lounge in my room instead of navigating the ship looking for an empty seat while I wait for my room.

I just haven't seen the advertised benefit of having my luggage promptly delivered. I know that it's pressing to have it processed and delivered by the time I've gotten to my room in 15 minutes. But, I would think that luggage would at least be separated and placed on "priority" carts for, yes of course first for the Platinum/Diamond, and then for the FTTF cruisers.

Anyway, my disclaimer here is that I'm not mad or even griping. Just sitting here in Montego Bay, waiting for the wife to get dressed for the MDR, and figured I'd ask. I will continue to purchase it as long as it is offered. I'm just sharing my experiences with FTTF, and inquiring if my experiences have just been flukes, or if it's the norm.

Happy Sailing to you all from the beautiful Carnival Breeze!

1fb287a5ca7824e67ba02c7e08b11c8f.jpg

That is why FTTF is a waste of $$$$$$$$$

When you get to the port, be sure to ask the luggage handlers where the FTTF luggage goes.

They're supposed to note the luggage tags and place it in the "priority" wagon.

Same goes for Platinum, etc.

The porters are also supposed to tie an orange "Priority" tag to your luggage if you're entitled to priority delivery (FTTF, Plat, Diamond). In practice, I've found that they tend to forget...seemingly regardless of how much you tip them.

As the porters don't actually work for Carnival, in some cases these delays might not be Carnival's fault.

Do you get a partial refund on FTTF if your bags arrive to your cabin late?

Someone pointed out to me several weeks ago that FTTF guarantees availability of your stateroom "as soon as you board", but only promises "priority" handling of your luggage because they "process thousands of bags". There is no guarantee that it'll be available early.

That is why FTTF is a waste of $$$$$$$$$

Wow, such an insightful response! I totally forgot that the post asked for "opinions" from people who clearly didn't read the entire post! Congrats on adding one more to your post count ticker!

Wow, such an insightful response! I totally forgot that the post asked for "opinions" from people who clearly didn't read the entire post! Congrats on adding one more to your post count ticker!

Riclop is our resident anti-FTTF crusader. His posts are always short and always stating how FTTF is a waste of money.

OP -- I agree. I have never experienced "expedited" luggage service with FTTF, even though on our last cruise I witness the orange sticker being placed on our bags. This cruise, I think we are going to attempt the all-dreaded carry-on.

Do you get a partial refund on FTTF if your bags arrive to your cabin late?

No. I didn't ask, and it wasn't offered. Guest services sent a message via computer somewhere to have the 5th bag looked for.

The only bag arrival time I was a little upset about about was the 5th bag arriving sometime after 5:45pm.

Ok, so there IS evidently a process that's supposed to be followed. Maybe $3 a bag isn't enough to remind some Porters to put this sticker on the already obvious FTTF tags? Who knows. Thanks guys for the information!

It is my understanding that you have to ask the porters for the orange FTTF stickers. We intend to do this next weekend for sure!

Luggage is a crap shoot at best. We have gotten the FTTF for our cruise out of San Juan free as a suite perk? Anyway, on an NCL cruise, I was shorted one bag. Next day, still no bag and was looked at like I was a BS artist looking for something free. Day 3, came back from breakfast and bag was in the room. Looked like it went thru a thorough search which was ok, it was all normal stuff. I called guest services and they knew nothing about the found bag but they were extremely happy for me and did check with security. Room steward also knew nothing about how it got there. Room door was always closed and locked so never found how it arrived. I wanted to check with the Magician on board but he was terrible so I did not waste my time with him.

Ok, so there IS evidently a process that's supposed to be followed. Maybe $3 a bag isn't enough to remind some Porters to put this sticker on the already obvious FTTF tags? Who knows. Thanks guys for the information!

You need to tell the porter and watch them put them on. Many don't pay attention to the FTTF logo when grabbing your bags and they get sorted by the orange tags. No tag, no priority. I don't walk away until I see the tag on my bag.

Luggage is a crap shoot at best. We have gotten the FTTF for our cruise out of San Juan free as a suite perk?

It looks as though this is a question? You do not get FTTF as a suite perk (unless your TA purchased it for you). You do get some of the same perks as FTTF, but not all of them. You will get priority check-in and boarding, dining reservation guarantees, tender priority, and debarkation priority. You will not have expedited luggage, your room will not be able to enter your room early, and you will not have access to the priority Guest Services line.

(regarding partial refunds)

No. I didn't ask, and it wasn't offered. Guest services sent a message via computer somewhere to have the 5th bag looked for.

The only bag arrival time I was a little upset about about was the 5th bag arriving sometime after 5:45pm.

They have been known to partially or fully refund the FTTF cost for delayed luggage; it's happened to us twice. On one occasion I was at Guest Services regarding another issue and mentioned the luggage not getting there until/during muster drill, and the GS officer immediately apologized and comped out the cost. --Which was pretty nice considering it's often the porters' oversight, and not Carnival's.

Edited by Pellaz
misspell

I am not sure which ship I was on or whether I was Platinum or had purchased FFTF...but....My luggage took forever to get to our cabin. My sister, in the same cabin as I was, received her luggage right away but mine didn't show up. It had the orange priority sticker on it etc. So then while going back and forth to our cabin we noticed it sitting on a luggage rack near the elevators. I thought of taking it when I first saw it but then thought, if I do that and they are delivering the luggage the staff might think it had been lifted by someone who shouldn't have it. I couldn't find anyone to ask.....so I left it there. About an hour later I returned and it was still there. All by itself on the rack so I did take it to our cabin. That is the first and last time I had a problem getting my luggage in a timely manner.

You need to tell the porter and watch them put them on. Many don't pay attention to the FTTF logo when grabbing your bags and they get sorted by the orange tags. No tag, no priority. I don't walk away until I see the tag on my bag.

I was going to say the same thing... I was warned to watch the porters put the orange FTTF baggage tag on all of your suitcases before you hand over any tips...

Update: Ok, so on a good note, the debarkation process for FTTF checked baggage was a success. We received priority "3" tags and accompanying letter last night. It was seamless and fast. Other than having to fight through all of the d-bag passengers jamming up the stairwells like seagulls waiting for breadcrumbs for their number to be called, instead of actual waiting areas where Mike told them to be, it was a pleasant experience.

Interesting... We've done FTTF many times and I have never seen an orange sticker or tag on our bags ever. Does this process vary by port?

I've also noticed inconsistent times when the luggage shows up. But in all times, except once, all bags have shown up prior to muster.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The luggage tag I printed for our upcoming cruise with the stateroom number is orange and says "Priority."

Is this the orange tag you are talking about or is an additional one added to the luggage?