Labadee - Beach Lounger for Two

FSUNole

Does anyone know what beach these are on? Specifically, these are the ones you rent for $45 and have a 'clamshell' type covering for shade. Also, if you have the drink package, are there drinks available nearby?

• 2 weeks later...

I rented these on our recent cruise when they went on sale for $38.00 per two chairs. When I initially booked it, I misunderstood it and I booked it for both my wife and I (and it totaled out at $76.00). Then I realized I just needed to book it for me and we both could use it...so it was only $38.00.

They were nice and comfortable, and ours had a bar right there.

• 3 weeks later...
I looked into them too, FYI it's $45.00 pp so $90.00 total. Seemed a bit deceiving to me...

The price of $45 is for 2 lounge chairs for the Clamshell and it is NOT pp.

Are you sure the pricing is pp? When you rent a bungalow or cabana, just one person rents. the unit and the group then uses.

You're correct, only 1 person needs to rent a cabana or those Clamshells.

• 2 months later...
Do all the beaches have these chairs and is it then first come first serve for location? Is there a check in style desk so they can verify you booked a chair?

No, they are only at Adrenaline beach. There is a check-in desk and they give you a wrist band and it's choose your clamshell, not assigned. There is a rope around them, but it's still a public beach so anyone can use the beach, just not the clamshells. There is a bar that is right up next to the rope so easy to get drinks. We were there on Oasis the week of 29 Oct (wish we'd rented one the previous week too just for the shade). The sun did start to intrude by 1:30 or 2 or so, but that gave us 5 hours or so with shade. It's also not far from the bathrooms and bbq area.

We had a couple in front of us who didn't stay long and another family just came along and sat in the clamshell without paying. A worker came by and they bantered and he let them know they were supposed to have a wrist band, but they just brushed it off and he said if his boss came by, they'd have to leave. Wow. I can't believe they didn't know. The clamshells are roped off and there's reserved signs on the ones that weren't rented, which granted were only one or two, but just looking at the area, you'd know they weren't free/open to anyone. They just played dumb and got it for free for several hours. If you leave early, you're supposed to let them know and they can put up a "for rent" sign.

Thank you BND :D

No, they are only at Adrenaline beach. There is a check-in desk and they give you a wrist band and it's choose your clamshell, not assigned. There is a rope around them, but it's still a public beach so anyone can use the beach, just not the clamshells. There is a bar that is right up next to the rope so easy to get drinks. We were there on Oasis the week of 29 Oct (wish we'd rented one the previous week too just for the shade). The sun did start to intrude by 1:30 or 2 or so, but that gave us 5 hours or so with shade. It's also not far from the bathrooms and bbq area.

We had a couple in front of us who didn't stay long and another family just came along and sat in the clamshell without paying. A worker came by and they bantered and he let them know they were supposed to have a wrist band, but they just brushed it off and he said if his boss came by, they'd have to leave. Wow. I can't believe they didn't know. The clamshells are roped off and there's reserved signs on the ones that weren't rented, which granted were only one or two, but just looking at the area, you'd know they weren't free/open to anyone. They just played dumb and got it for free for several hours. If you leave early, you're supposed to let them know and they can put up a "for rent" sign.

• 1 year later...