Decking Confused - Britannia

.Tom.

Hi All,

Need some help and advice from people who have cruised on the Britannia.

Last year we had to defer our cruise as my wife and i ended up in the process of buying our first home so bad planning aside we deferred it to this year.

Because we did this at the very last moment we didn't pay all that much attention to where P&O moved us to. We were just pleased that for the princely sum of 135 (GBP) we could be moved. So roll on a year and we're now gleefully looking at the trips when i notice the difference in deck letters.....

So here's the issue (which i haven't divulged to my wife yet....) we've originally had Cabin C 205 (Balcony without sofa - Room Rating HE) and now are in Cabin F508 (Balcony with sofa - Room Rating GB).

Now at first i thought nothing of it but then began to search for images of the cabin views and tbh found only one image / video (

). Not sure its the angle but it looks like the lifeboats are right beneath us and can be seen from the cabin....

Has anyone stayed on Deck 9 and got any experience. I've stayed in cabins on other P&O ships with a restricted view before but you're aware of it and of course you pay accordingly. I also know its not blocking the light but even sat down as per the chap filming, i fear i'm going to get a sun tan off the glow of the life boat or at least from my wife's annoyance that i didn't do something about it.

Would you say my concerns are justified.

All views are very welcome!

Edited by .Tom.

We were on Britannia in November on deck E (10) in a HB grade cabin, and yes there is almost no direct downward view from most cabins, but looking out and not down was fine, our cabin was near the forward stairway and didn't find it a problem.

We were on Britannia in November on deck E (10) in a HB grade cabin, and yes there is almost no direct downward view from most cabins, but looking out and not down was fine, our cabin was near the forward stairway and didn't find it a problem.

Thanks for quick response :), i've seen plenty of images from Deck E and tbh i thought they were absolutely fine so pleased you didn't find it a problem. If you had been a deck down do you think it would of been more of a problem?

Tom as far as I know only G deck has obstructed view balconies where the lifeboats are visible .through the balcony glass, and on some balconies these do protrude above the railing.

All the decks above do look down onto the tops of the lifeboats, but the view out when seated is completely clear.

So I would not be unduly bothered, and it does appear you have obtained an upgrade in your cabin category.

So as an update, i broke the news to my wife and she was relaxed about it all!! Drama was meant to fall from the sky but just a shrug and happy that we've got a couch to sit on if we want. LOL

So roll on our cruise! :)

So as an update, i broke the news to my wife and she was relaxed about it all!! Drama was meant to fall from the sky but just a shrug and happy that we've got a couch to sit on if we want. LOL

So roll on our cruise! :)

And extra space including two bedside cabinets rather than one [emoji4] I'd be happy [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Looking at the different balcony cabins on Britannia on one of the travel agents sites there seems to be quite a range, the main difference apart from obstructed, part obstructed etc was with or without sofa. Are the cabins with the sofa a lot bigger than those without?