Ready, Set, Sail promotion?

DaveOKC

Book ANY stateroom on select sailings June 2017 - March 2018 and receive valuable offers including:*

• Prepaid gratuities (hotel service charges)
  • Up to US$500 onboard spending money

PLUS, book a suite and receive an additional US$100 internet credit!

BOOK BY JUNE 1 TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THESE SPECIAL OFFERS.

CSVLP-Banner_RSS_Couple_030917_USv2__MP.jpg

Onboard Spending Money Per Person*VOYAGE LENGTHINSOVLANVERSTE6 to 13 Days (and L+S Journeys)$50$50$100$100$15014+ Days$100$100$200$200$250Terms & Conditions

*Fares and Ready Set Sail offers are based on Promo(s) RF/RG/PJ. Featured fares and are per person based on double occupancy, cruise or Land+Sea Journeys only. Fares are in U.S. dollars. Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses are additional and range from $80.00-$1,580.00. Subject to availability. Offers are per stateroom based on double occupancy, for 1st and 2nd guests sharing a stateroom and excludes 3rd/4th guests, except as provided herein. Offers are available for new bookings only, apply only to the cruise portion of Alaska Land+Sea Journeys, are not combinable with any other discounts and are not transferable or refundable. Offers are applicable on select 2017 & 2018 departures.

Prepaid gratuities (hotel service charges): Holland America Line pre-pays room gratuities on behalf of guests. Gratuities for bar, dining room wine accounts, or spa/salon services are not included.

Onboard spending money is offered in the following amounts: cruises 6-13 days: interior and ocean-view staterooms receive US$50 per person (US$100 per stateroom); lanai and verandah staterooms receive US$100 per person (US$200 per stateroom), and suites receive US$150 per person (US$300 per stateroom); cruises 14 plus days: interior and ocean-view staterooms receive US$100 per person (US$200 per stateroom); lanai and verandah staterooms receive US$200 per person (US$400 per stateroom), and suites receive US$250 per person (US$500 per stateroom.) US$100 internet credit per stateroom (US$50 per person): Holland America Line cannot guarantee the availability of Internet connection or speed.

For full terms and conditions applicable to your cruise, please refer to hollandamerica.com or the appropriate Holland America brochure. Offers are capacity controlled, and may be modified or withdrawn without prior notice. Other restrictions may apply. Ready Set Sail ends June 1, 2017. Ships' Registry: The Netherlands.

Thanks for the information.

My cruise went up by $1100 per person on Friday and now I can get $600 pp in "extras". Not a good deal, obviously. When the View and Veranda promotion ended a couple of weeks ago, my cruise dropped by $1000 pp.

Since HAL has bumped prices (in many cases, not all) whenever they run a promotion, we really have to watch fares even closer than before.

We're having the same problem. But friends contacted their PCCs and found we would have to rebook. We got a great price, so not a good choice for us. :(

With HAL's more aggressive promotions and fare changes, you normally do have to rebook (once in awhile you can get it added on if fares did not change). When I rebook, I usually can get the same cabin.

Thanks for the heads up on this new promotion. My particular cabin actually went down by $80. So with the obc and free gratuities I have a savings of $530. So basically I traded the drink package and a pinnacle dinner for $530.

I noticed this on the HAL website this morning, but could not get it to show any details. Anyone seen this? Details please.

I looked up our 2018 - 14 day sailing. The price went up $1040 for 2 people, but the benefits (prepaid gratuities and OBC) only add up to $478 in savings.

We will keep our "private sale" mariner pricing, and not bother with this current promotion.

With HAL's more aggressive promotions and fare changes, you normally do have to rebook (once in awhile you can get it added on if fares did not change). When I rebook, I usually can get the same cabin.

I've had the same experience. Win some, lose some!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am really disappointed in Hal with this new promotion, I cannot believe they can be making the kind of statement they are, because the prices are higher than the previous one that just finished. It is not special at all. We are going to find it hard to consider not looking at another cruise line for our next cruise,.

Thanks for posting the details, Krazy Kruizers. The "special" is not special to me. A cruise I priced yesterday is $200 more expensive today when factoring in the onboard credit and paid gratuities.

No doubt about it, they raised their prices.

My cruise didn't go up with the promo. I got a quote from my TA last week and booked on Monday with the promo and same price. Website didn't show a jump, either. So you really do have to check each cruise you're looking at. HAL doesn't make it easy!

Just a word of caution when comparing HAL prices. You really have to follow a cruise (or similar one) over time to really know good overall deal.

For example, HAL increased prices on my cruise early last week and then on Monday introduced the Ready Set Sail promotion. If I looked at the fare from 2 weeks ago and compared it to now, I would see that my fare increased by $1100 pp to get the new promotion (and get $600 in extras). If, on the other hand, I compared it to the prices I saw mid last week to now, I would think that I was getting a deal as the price was the same and I got $600 pp in extras.

Thus, a deal is not always a deal!

In Europe it is the same! I made a on-hold-reservation 6 days ago for a Neptune Suite for the Alaska Trip on the 16th of July (Oosterdam) for € 2.380,-- with nothing extra. Yesterday I take a look at the prices with the promo and the cabin price raised to € 3.180,-- per person including $ 400,-- onboard und $ 100,-- internet credit! So it is a good deal to fix the booking with the price from last week without the "goodies"!

I was able to get the new Promo added to my existing reservation with my big box agency. Final payment isn't until next month. The price went up just $80 PP but between HAL and the agency we have a lot of OBC and paid gratuities. I didn't have to up my trip insurance, so that was a plus!

Karen

HAL will charge the price of today and that is € 3.180,--! What do you think - should I cancel and wait the next weeks for a price drop?

Can you travel a week earlier or a week later as July9th and July 23rd are showing €400 less than July 16th sailing on the European site.