First time Cruiser on Eurodam

rkbeaux08

I will be cruising on the Eurodam Nov. 26th. I have cruise lots of time on the Carnival. I have some questions 1. Do they have buffets on the Lido deck? I saw on other post they have hamburgers and

pizzas are they also on the Lido deck?

2. What is the deal about renting cabanas? Are these on Lido? Is this a way of saving

your chair all week. Do they have other sitting on Lido where you can eat without

renting them? I guess another way to make money.:confused::confused:

I have been on the Nieuw Amsterdam, which is the sister ship to the Eurodam, so this info should be the same.

1. Yes, the buffet is on the Lido deck, as is the Dive In, serving burgers and hot dogs. I believe the pizza is served on deck above the Lido.

2. We rented a cabana at the Lido pool for the week and thoroughly enjoyed it, but others will say it is a waste of money. Everyone has to decide for themselves what they want to spend their money on.

There were plenty of loungers available around the pool when we were on. There is also room to eat.

There are two types of Cabanas. The ones on the Lido Deck have round seat for 2 people, a table and 2 chairs. The other Cabanas are in the Retreat Area on Deck 11 (Observation Deck) and they have 2 lounge chairs, 2 regular chairs and a table. This area also has loungers and tables out in the sun. All these can be rented for the week and there are Cabana men who will help take care of you -- like getting you lunch, snacks and in the afternoon they will serve you a glass of champagne with chocolate covered cherries. Some of the Cabana men will keep the champagne flowing. You are expected to tip them at the end of the cruise.

There are plenty of lounge chairs around both pools -- no fee to rent them and you can't reserve any for the week.

There is Dive In where you can get hamburgers, hot dogs and chicken burgers. There are tables where you can sit and eat. You are given a pager when your order is ready.

There is main part of the Lido which is called the District Market where you can get sandwiches, salads, hot food, desserts, pasta, Asian food in the various sections. By the aft pool there is the pizza station. Again lots of loungers, tables and chairs where you can eat.