First night menu in Reflection MDR - Thinking of booking specialty instead

tbmrt

We have always avoided MDR first night as service tends to be really slooooow....Waiters don’t know guest preferences, guests dither over ordering...By the second night everything seems much more organised!

Re the menu, I always thought it was the ‘chic’ nights that were a little special...

A couple years ago on Reflection they had "prime rib" the first night.

As is usual for RCCL and Celebrity, it vaguely resembled actual prime rib. A small thin piece of beef that one wouldn't usually call prime rib unless they told you it was:p

If you plan to go to MDR most nights it's not a bad idea to go on the first day if you're at a larger table. More to get to know everyone, not for any special food.

Personally, I do not think you can go wrong with either choice.

Of course each choice has its' upside and downside, yet either is good, just personal desire and preference.

We choose SD first night, then MDR each night afterwards, unless Murano is on the particular ship we sail, then they see us several times during the sailing...

bon voyage

On our recent Celebrity cruises, it’s been prime rib on the first night, and it’s been really good prime rib too. You have to weigh that against the discount they often do on the first night in the speciality restaurants, I guess. For us, the prime rib always wins! :D

We actually skip BLU chaos first night and make an early res in MDR select dining for the first night.. Prime Rib was outstanding! Found out later we could have requested Prime Rib in BLU on Infinity...but not always the case...and not on S class from what we were told.

We were just off today (the November 27 cruise).

Prime Rib the first night (and the last). Both were excellent!!!

Oh, we made it onboard in time for the Concierge lunch which was also VERY good. We had Caesar's salad, short ribs and delicious chocolate cake. We enjoyed Opus much more than Blu last spring on Silhouette (I know, we're in the minority).

Edited by mafig

Prime rib was on the menu the first night on our September cruise on the Infinity. It was terrific! I love good prime rib, and too many places I've been serve a cut that is mostly fat. I understand that is what makes prime rib taste so good and tender. The portion I was served on the Infinity was very generous, and minimal fat around the edges.

I'm always happy to be back on an X ship in the MDR for escargot and onion soup. The prime rib has usually been decent![/quote

I love the fact that escargot is on the every day menu! Had it several times on our last cruise! :D:D