Non Refundable Dep & Insurance

CruisinFinsUp

Hi, We are looking at booking for next March 2018. There are currently NO "sales" on the sailing we are looking at. So no "special pricing". But the deposits are clearly marked as "non-refundable" on the Princess website.

There is no reduced deposit amount mentioned, so I'm assuming its the full amount which I think is $450 pp for a 10 day. For 4 of us in 2 cabins that adds up!!

Could someone please let me know if I'm right about what the normal deposits are, and also does the Princess insurance with Platinum upgrade cover the deposits?

Thanks. My TA is away on a cruise til next week so I'm trying to figure some of this out before she gets back!

If you cancel for a covered reason the platinum Princess Vacation Protection will reimburse you for the entire amount of cruise fare that Princess does not refund directly, including the non-refundable deposit. But it goes without saying that if you want to cancel before final payment is due and the penalty phase kicks in, to have your non-refundable deposit covered you have to have purchase the Vacation Protection at the time of booking, not when you make final payment as your agent and the system normally assumes is the case.

As for deposit amount currently required, just do a mock booking on the Princess website to see exactly how much deposit is asked for. A quicker way of getting that question answered then trying to read and interpret the T&C of the current promotion(s).

Thanks for the quick replies. Good point on the timing of the insurance.

I was doing a mock booking, and it wouldn't tell me deposit amount due yet - I was at the point where it wanted our names & addresses and all that stuff (I'm logged in so its pre-filled, but still) and I didn't want to go any further without knowing when we are "stuck" !!

Thanks again!

Hi, We are looking at booking for next March 2018. There are currently NO "sales" on the sailing we are looking at. So no "special pricing". But the deposits are clearly marked as "non-refundable" on the Princess website.

There is no reduced deposit amount mentioned, so I'm assuming its the full amount which I think is $450 pp for a 10 day. For 4 of us in 2 cabins that adds up!!

Could someone please let me know if I'm right about what the normal deposits are, and also does the Princess insurance with Platinum upgrade cover the deposits?

Thanks. My TA is away on a cruise til next week so I'm trying to figure some of this out before she gets back!

Since you mention that you are thinking about a 10 day cruise in March, 2018 I can assume that you are thinking about the Caribbean Princess Panama Canal on March 8, 21 or 31, Royal Princess on March 10, 20 or 30, Grand Princess Mexico on the 13th.

All of these voyages are currently covered by the Sun Drenched Deal promo which has a $100 non refundable deposit. This is the deposit if you book now. If a better deal shows up you would have to cancel and re-book. You will lose the deposit.

Royal Princess on March 10,

All of these voyages are currently covered by the Sun Drenched Deal promo which has a $100 non refundable deposit. This is the deposit if you book now. If a better deal shows up you would have to cancel and re-book. You will lose the deposit.

Hi. We are looking at the mar 10 Royal. Interesting that you see it as a Sun Drenched Deal. I see no sales at all on that date when I log in. Maybe because I'm Canadian and most of the country has school break so no "sale" for us?? Lol!

The mystery continues.

Wait until mid-September, when another sale hits, probably the 3 for free promo.

The past couple of years, the 3 for Free sale covered about the same time frame as the Sip & Sail, so I don't think you could book March 2018 with that promo. In fact, last year's S&S and 3 for Free would have offered March 18.

Jim

Thanks for the quick replies. Good point on the timing of the insurance.

I was doing a mock booking, and it wouldn't tell me deposit amount due yet - I was at the point where it wanted our names & addresses and all that stuff (I'm logged in so its pre-filled, but still) and I didn't want to go any further without knowing when we are "stuck" !!

Thanks again!

You're safe to go further in the booking process. When you get to the last page with all the required $$$ info, there's a button to push indicating if you want to pay the deposit, put it on hold or pay the full amount. ALL of the required amounts of $$ are indicated. If you don't click PAY, you're safe. :cool:

Hi. We are looking at the mar 10 Royal. Interesting that you see it as a Sun Drenched Deal. I see no sales at all on that date when I log in. Maybe because I'm Canadian and most of the country has school break so no "sale" for us?? Lol!

The mystery continues.

We're from Halifax. I logged into My Account on Princess and March 10 Royal came up as a Sun Drenched Deal as well. $100 non-refundable deposit, up to $30 off.

I'm also holding off and hoping that the 3-for-free sale, for a different cruise, will be to our advantage. Good luck!

We're from Halifax. I logged into My Account on Princess and March 10 Royal came up as a Sun Drenched Deal as well. $100 non-refundable deposit, up to $30 off.

I'm also holding off and hoping that the 3-for-free sale, for a different cruise, will be to our advantage. Good luck!

Oops, I meant 30% off.:o

Never , ever seen a non refundable deposit when there wasn't a sale promo . Your TA will straighten it out I'm sure . Your 're TA doesn't have coverage when away ?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Go check out the Nov 13 five day cruise on the Crown. No sale listed but if you do a mock booking there is a non refundable deposit. I tried to get a price drop and when I called Princess they told me. I then did the mock booking and sure enough at one point it says non refundable.

Go check out the Nov 13 five day cruise on the Crown. No sale listed but if you do a mock booking there is a non refundable deposit. I tried to get a price drop and when I called Princess they told me. I then did the mock booking and sure enough at one point it says non refundable.

There are special rates on that sailing , thus the non refundable deposit .

Rate Codes NDB & NDC

These are Special Promotional Fares ( without OBC's , etc. )

There are special rates on that sailing , thus the non refundable deposit .

Rate Codes NDB & NDC

These are Special Promotional Fares ( without OBC's , etc. )

Where do you see those? I didn't see anything until I pick a cabin, see the rates and click continue. That is where I get the pop up message. Didn't see any rate codes at all.

Where do you see those? I didn't see anything until I pick a cabin, see the rates and click continue. That is where I get the pop up message. Didn't see any rate codes at all.

Your TA can see that info and more in their Polar booking system .

Such a shame...I used to ALWAYS have a cruise booked in advance....have one for December...but now don't want to book another in advance because of deposit penalty.

Never took advantage of the system...just want to,get my special cabin. .. but they've taken the fun out of it.

• 2 weeks later...

The mystery continues.

I have booked under 30% off . I live in Canada and don't have any problems booking.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Since you mention that you are thinking about a 10 day cruise in March, 2018 I can assume that you are thinking about the Caribbean Princess Panama Canal on March 8, 21 or 31, Royal Princess on March 10, 20 or 30, Grand Princess Mexico on the 13th.

Its a way for Princess to prevent you from receiving any new price drops.

My experience (booking in USA) is that if a better deal shows up you can ask to be refared and this is not a cancellation. Of course any refare will be done with the current amenities which means you might lose some of the original booking amenities.