Paul Gauguin vs Windstar

patrinka

Never been on Windstar, but have researched that line. As said above, they are not all inclusive. That means you pay extra not only for alcoholic drinks, but for soft drinks and bottled water as well. We frankly will not go on such a line any more. Also, if Windstar is using those sail ships in FP, you may find the rooms a bit small. If they are using the ships they acquired from Seabourn, a real balcony will not be an option.

Soft drink, non-alcoholic cocktail, tea, coffee and water are always free. Cabins are well laid-out. Cocktails are 8.25$ and beer on tap 5$. You can also bring two bottle of wine per cabin. Corkage fee is still 15$.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

Hello All, Not to highjack the topic, but I am looking at both lines also. Anyone here have any input on the scuba diving on both lines. That is my main reason for the trip to FP. I am considering sailing on each if them, back to back. If there is one that is more specialized in diving, I would do one sailing and spend a few days on Fakarava. Thank you in advance.

Hello All, Not to highjack the topic, but I am looking at both lines also. Anyone here have any input on the scuba diving on both lines. That is my main reason for the trip to FP. I am considering sailing on each if them, back to back. If there is one that is more specialized in diving, I would do one sailing and spend a few days on Fakarava. Thank you in advance.

I'm not a diver, but I've heard that the dive team on the PG is first class. Can't comment beyond that, but I'm sure others will.