Photo Review April/May 2015: Disney, Eclipse TA, London

Lisah101

IMG_3405.jpg

IMG_3407.jpg

Only in Bermuda do you see a boat lift driving down the road.

IMG_3402.jpg

We walked through the Clock tower mall - didn't buy anything though they had a sign they had free wifi if you purchased something.

We went back to the ship and had a cheeseburger for lunch. I was just craving a cheeseburger. We rested a bit then headed back out to take the Ferry to the other side of the island.

Edited by Lisah101

We left the ship again and first went to buy a stamp to mail the birthday card. After being directed from one place to another, we finally bought a stamp and found the mailbox. Happy Birthday Dede!

IMG_3427.jpg

It started raining so we abandoned our plans and went back to the ship to change into dry clothes. We got a cup of tea and watched the rain from our balcony. I wasn't very hungry for dinner so we had a salad at the cafe and went to see Delisco for the evening show. He was good, I just wish there was less "act" and more singing. Amazing voice! We were both still awake and we walked around the ship but ended up in our room watching the On Demand documentaries on the Eclipse dry dock and other videos. We are such an exciting couple!

I did get one blurry photo of the lightening that evening

IMG_3421.jpg

Edited by Lisah101

After our "nap", we went to the official Cruise Critic Party.

IMG_3358.jpg

We met lots of nice folks and sorted out the shared tours. After the short speech by the cruise director, several people used to microphone to call out other parties to connect with those faces we've only been chatting with online. I thought the comments by the cruise director on the phrase "cruise critic" were interesting. She commented on how critic is such a negative term. That part left me with the feeling I wasn't sure she liked cruise critic but I as only half paying attention. Several senior ship staff came but they were on the side when she introduced them and I couldn't see them at all.

After the party I stopped at the cafe for a quick snack

We spent the rest of the afternoon doing nothing but wandering and relaxing before changing going going to the dining room for dinner. I didn't take my camera but I had the watermelon salad which was good. The stuffed mushroom was much better than the one I had on the Celebrity Century. I din't care for the coconut sorbet.

We saw the show "Edge" it seemed good but I had a hard time following some of the musical arrangements. It was weird to see a Bruce Springsteen Tap Dance rendition. I was tired thought so it was probably a good show. I love the acrobats!

We walked a bit, then went back to bed.

Did you get to meet Isabela?

She's a real sweetheart!

I did buy 3 pieces that are being shipped to me. A platter and a cheese knife (has to be made when the artist gets back from vacation) and a small bowl. I am so frugal - I got the bowl for 1/2 price because of a small imperfection (white bump). I love deals!

IMG_3428.jpg

IMG_3430.jpg

Edited by Lisah101

We found out there was a glassworks place nearby where locals also made glass pieces. I love watching so we went there next.

IMG_3437.jpg

IMG_3436.jpg

IMG_3438.jpg

IMG_3439.jpg

I bought a nice hand made ornament for our Christmas tree. Each trip, we always try to find something made by a local artist for our tree. Some are just small pieces that aren't really ornaments, but we hang them anyway. Its my way of reliving all our adventures each Christmas.

76488A22-6699-44C2-AC90-F012FD4F1576.jpg

We spent the afternoon of our second day in Bermuda by again talking about taking the Ferry. First we had to find a beach just to say we were on the beach in Bermuda. Right off the ship is Snorkel Beach.

IMG_3440.jpg

IMG_3441.jpg

IMG_3442.jpg

IMG_3444.jpg

IMG_3450.jpg

IMG_3454.jpg

We chatted with "Tequila" the bartender about lunch. Unfortunately, they only had a small hut open for the bar, but no food service. We struck up a conversation and ended up sitting down and trying a new drink.

I tried the Dark and Stormy (Dark Rum and ginger beer) and Terry had the Rum Swizzle (dark rum and a bunch of fruit juice).

Loved mine!

IMG_3446.jpg

Terry's

IMG_3445.jpg

IMG_3457.jpg

Terry collecting Sea Shells for our friend Cathy Phibbs.

IMG_3455.jpg

Me waiting while Terry collected sea shells

IMG_3452.jpg

So.... I got a little happy and we never did make it to the Ferry. It was suddenly time to get back to the boat.

IMG_3458.jpg

IMG_3459.jpg

We watched sailaway and snuggled on our balcony.

IMG_3495.jpg

IMG_3497.jpg

IMG_3498.jpg

Link to complete photo album for Bermuda

Edited by Lisah101

------I thought the comments by the cruise director on the phrase "cruise critic" were interesting. She commented on how critic is such a negative term. That part left me with the feeling I wasn't sure she liked cruise critic but I as only half paying attention.

Sue obviously hasn't changed her introduction in 2 years. She said exactly the same in March 2013. I think she was asking that any complaints be directed to her, rather than on line.

Great pics...how was your weather?

Florida was hot and humid, Bermuda was nice, a bit chilly and rainy. That could actually describe most of the trip - a bit chilly and rainy. We are from Phoenix Arizona though so anything below 75 degrees is almost chilly!

I'm glad you made it to Bermuda.

We did this trip in reverse last November and the weather was terrible across the Atlantic, so we went via Madeira to New York and missed out Bermuda :(

Enjoy the rest of your trip, looking forward to following your posts all the way to my home town.

Adele :)

Yeah, finally time to sit down and work on this report!

I think it was the night we left Bermuda that we had dinner at QSine with 2 other couples. Karen got us all organized and made the reservation. This was our first time at QSine so of course I brought my camera.

First, I really liked the quirky atmosphere - upside down table lamps attached to the ceiling.

IMG_3460.jpg

The place settings

IMG_3461.jpg

The bread was VERY good

IMG_3462.jpg

IMG_3463.jpg

IMG_3464.jpg

Although we all did our favorites, the waiter really just brought out what he thought was the best of the menu. Saying that, I think there are few things we didn't have. Lesson learned - you don't have to eat all of everything. Taste each one, but you don't have to finish. There were things at the end I would have loved to try, but it was too much food.

I wish I had the menu so I could remember what this was.

IMG_3467.jpg