Permanent Deck found!

octoberdana

Our first cruise we stayed in Caribe deck and we did enjoy it. We had a mid-ship balcony. However, our last cruise we stayed on Aloha deck and we LOVED it. It was the perfect distance from Horizon, Lido, etc. Also, I loved that the elevator said "hello" to me in Hawaiian whenever it opened on floor 12. :) We loved the full covered balcony on Aloha deck too.

My question is I loved staying aft but hubby didn't. He wants to move for our next Princess cruise to the middle of the ship. I see that the Aloha deck balconies are pretty small (we had the AFT corner one A747), are those balconies going to run the same as the mid-ship Caribe deck? Really do like being up on Deck 12- so I'm wondering if an aft-mid Aloha would be a good choice in the future.

Our first cruise we stayed in Caribe deck and we did enjoy it. We had a mid-ship balcony. However, our last cruise we stayed on Aloha deck and we LOVED it. It was the perfect distance from Horizon, Lido, etc. Also, I loved that the elevator said "hello" to me in Hawaiian whenever it opened on floor 12. :) We loved the full covered balcony on Aloha deck too.

My question is I loved staying aft but hubby didn't. He wants to move for our next Princess cruise to the middle of the ship. I see that the Aloha deck balconies are pretty small (we had the AFT corner one A747), are those balconies going to run the same as the mid-ship Caribe deck? Really do like being up on Deck 12- so I'm wondering if an aft-mid Aloha would be a good choice in the future.

May I ask which Princess ship you were on and which one next ? Balconies and layouts vary from the Grand Class to Royal Class or on Pacific Princess. Aloha Deck can be a bit rocky in high seas, particularly real aft or real forward. Aft is handy for buffet and MDR's, saves a bit of walking.:halo:

We have been all over several different ships. I've found advantages and disadvantages to every location. On our most recent cruise, we had a Lido Deck inside cabin. It was convenient to get something to eat in the buffet and to go to the pool.

Our next cruise will most likely be on the Ruby or the Regal/Royal.

Just keep in mind that if you choose the Regal or Royal, it's a whole new ballgame for decks and balconies. Caribe deck balconies are no bigger than the rest and most of the balconies are only 4 feet deep, rather than 5.

If a good-sized balcony is important to you, you'll need to book early enough (or get lucky enough) to grab one of the extended/angled balconies around mid-ship or the deluxe obstructed ones up front on Emerald, Lido or Marina.

Jim

Originally posted by octoberdana Our next cruise will most likely be on the Ruby or the Regal/Royal.

Just keep in mind that if you choose the Regal or Royal, it's a whole new ballgame for decks and balconies. Caribe deck balconies are no bigger than the rest and most of the balconies are only 4 feet deep, rather than 5.

If a good-sized balcony is important to you, you'll need to book early enough (or get lucky enough) to grab one of the extended/angled balconies around mid-ship or the deluxe obstructed ones up front on Emerald, Lido or Marina.

Jim

Or one of the aft facing Jim, they too have bigger balconies. We always book a accessible balcony and for us the size of the balconies on Royal class are a killer, hardly room for my wife to get her wheelchair out there.

Edited by Bazz747

Or one of the aft facing Jim, they too have bigger balconies. We always book a accessible balcony and for us the size of the balconies on Royal class are a killer, hardly room for my wife to get her wheelchair out there.

That's true, Barry. I didn't think of those because I always assumed those Premium Deluxe Balconies were much more expensive. I just looked and discovered they aren't that much more than the ones with the miniscule balconies. At least the cruise I checked.

Jim

That's if you like to rock and roll if the sea is a bit rough but then. there's always Dremamine available in the on board store

We've done almost all of our cruises back there (22) and never noticed any rock & roll. Some have been in pretty rough water...Hawaii several times and one 28 day Hawaii/Tahiti.

To each his own.;)

When looking at cabins, look first at the aft section, but forward of the elevators. Good prices, and nice location. Princess charges a little more for the middle section of the ship, because there are many people who believe that is better for them for a variety of reasons.

We almost always book in this aft section of the ship, and have never had any issue with motion.