Crystal Light Powder Packets

tawlaw1526

I have bottled water ordered to be delivered to my cabin on my upcoming Regal cruise and I enjoy adding Crystal Light flavors to my water. I wondered if anyone has ever traveled with Crystal Light Drink Powder Packets? I want to bring the little powder sleeves that are the perfect mix for the 16.9 bottles of water. I am wondering if it's a bad idea to fly with Crystal Light Powder in my checked bag and then go through ship security. I certainly don't need flavored water bad enough to have security issues. Does anyone know if you can buy it on the ship? I never thought to look for it on past cruises. This is the first time I ordered the bottles of water. Thank you in advance for your comments.

I've never flown with them, but I have certainly brought them onto the ship in Ft Lauderdale a couple times in the past with no issues. Am leaning toward saying they were in my carry-on rather than checked bag but not entirely sure.

And speaking of Crystal Light: back in the days that the pitcher-sized tubs came in a cylindrical plastic tube that held six of them, I would use those tubes to bring a few scoops of powdered laundry detergent to use on board. Not recommended now, especially if flying to the port.

I have bottled water ordered to be delivered to my cabin on my upcoming Regal cruise and I enjoy adding Crystal Light flavors to my water. I wondered if anyone has ever traveled with Crystal Light Drink Powder Packets? I want to bring the little powder sleeves that are the perfect mix for the 16.9 bottles of water. I am wondering if it's a bad idea to fly with Crystal Light Powder in my checked bag and then go through ship security. I certainly don't need flavored water bad enough to have security issues. Does anyone know if you can buy it on the ship? I never thought to look for it on past cruises. This is the first time I ordered the bottles of water. Thank you in advance for your comments.
cant imagine it would be a problem in a checked bag. in a carryon you would definitely have to pull it out of the bag when going thru airport security. i got pulled out of security for leaving granola bars in my carryon a few weeks ago and they had to hand-check my bag.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Why would it be an issue getting Crystal Light through airport security or on the ship? It's not crystal meth. As a matter of fact many travel with prescription drugs without issue. I travel with Mio or 4C's flavor enhancer which is a liquid I add to water and I never had an issue on flights or ships. I prefer the liquid over the powder because you can adjust the amount you need to the size of the water bottle.

It is not a banned liquid or alcohol... Should be no problem.

But, sorry, I just can't help myself.... Not trying to offend anyone or start anything... Nobody should be putting those toxic chemicals into their body.

Well, I agree, and have you tasted the stuff? It's so horrible that when I accidently take a taste of husbands, thinking it's water, I have to spit it out. But he is kind of addicted--tries to quit it at times and always starts in again. Glad I love plain water!

I want to thank all of you for replying. I feel very confident now that I shouldn't have an issue. THANK YOU VERY MUCH AND HAPPY CRUISING TO ALL!!!!! :)

We've done it several times and have gone on cruises with only carry on luggage before. Never once have we been checked for this before. We also take those little Via Starbucks packets in our carry on .. again, never ever had an issue!

But, sorry, I just can't help myself.... Not trying to offend anyone or start anything... Nobody should be putting those toxic chemicals into their body.

Yes! Let's get back to getting one's money's worth out of an alcohal package!

I have brought crystal light. It always seemed like a great idea at home.

Less of a good idea once on the ship.

DW always brings along lots of Crystal Lite packs. We generally pack them in checked luggage (inside a baggie) but sometimes we might carry a few in our carry-on so she can mix some drinks before we get our checked luggage. Have never had a problem with TSA.

Hank

I do that every time. I travel with it in the plastic container and I also keep my Stevia packets in there with them. Hardly ever use them though. I bring them to drink with my mini bar setup and I don't think I even use them this time. I also sometimes travel with powdered creamer and that hasn't been a problem. I was actually worried about that it was a white powder and my container was already open but it's been a non-issue. I found that anything that's not on the banned list is no problem. This last cruise we Croton coconut milk, the Crystal Light, Red Bull and half of a pizza from a restaurant in Port LOL

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Wow, thought we were the only ones. We cruise for 30-35 days and actually bring a Tupperware pitcher and about 50 crystal lights and a spoon. This is what hubby drinks in the room during the day after head and neck cancer needing lots of liquid all the time. Now I don't feel bad all the things we bring!!

I bring a baggy full of the Crystal Light powder drinks. I like the fruit punch flavor. I've had people stop and ask me what I was drinking, waiters have asked too. You will have no problem getting your Crystal Lights to the ship.

We also bring 6 small cans of D'Vita Cappuccino powder mix. We like it in our coffee in the morning. Saves purchasing it on board.

With diabetics among our group, we always bring many things like this...sugarfree drink packets, sugarfree french vanilla coffee creamer, Sugarfree SwissMiss hot choc. mix...and Stevia. It hasn't been that long ago when the only sweetners Princess had was Equal or SweetNLow and we brought our own Splenda. (before the days of Stevia) We've never had a problem with any of these things - either with flying or security on the ship....

I flew with powdered laundry detergent....for years. Now I bring the little pods, but have to pack them in small plastic 'boxes' (from Dollar Tree) to keep them from being punctured....

I use the liquid version on cruises all the time. Mixed with club soda and a splash of vodka, makes a wonderful low calorie adult beverage. Otherwise, the syrups used in most cocktails kills my calorie count for the day.

As others have said, using powdered form should be even less of an issue