Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

I ended up going with Costco also....final price was $630.49....booked in their "group" and was given $100 OBC (so IMO the price was $530.49).....will also get double points with NCL since it is a latitude insider offer.....I looked at the Dec 16 sailing....however, I really wanted to sail over my birthday (Dec 13) and I figured that Dec 16 will have more kids on board.....

You got a slightly better deal than me. Mine was also a inside latitudes offer. When you say you get double points, does that mean 14 points for a 7 day cruise instead of the usual 7 points? This will help me get closer to Gold status with NCL. Already have silver status and will check those perks on my Dec 16th cruise. Have a family cruise in April 14th on the same boat.

I didn't think about the amount of kids on the boat on Dec 16th. Anyhow, at least I will on a boat and away from work. This is will be my first cruise this year, usually do two but family death changed one of my cruise plans.

14 nights, queen mary 2. southampton/new york and back. lot's of 'seadays' but if y'all enjoy the transatlantic experience--my understanding is: qm2 is a pretty good way to do it.

Cunard Cruise Lines

QM2

20 November 2012

14 nights

749 pounds = (i think) about $1089.00 in real [american] money. that's for inside, outside or balcony accommodations in cunard's 'britania' class. princess & queens grille are about twice the price--but still a 'bargain', relative to full fair..

website for more info: http://www.passionforcruises.co.uk/singles.php

hope it works out for someone.

s/f

vr/chandler

SoCalGringo@gmail.com

You'll miss the boat! It says it's for November 20, 2012~~

Always in the market for good solo rates. RCCL's Navigator of the Seas T-A (14 days) Barcelona to Galveston, Nov. 19, 2013 inside, catagory N for $1000 including taxes. Not the lease expensive or exciting itinerary, but a nice 2 week vacation!:)

You got a slightly better deal than me. Mine was also a inside latitudes offer. When you say you get double points, does that mean 14 points for a 7 day cruise instead of the usual 7 points? This will help me get closer to Gold status with NCL. Already have silver status and will check those perks on my Dec 16th cruise. Have a family cruise in April 14th on the same boat.

I didn't think about the amount of kids on the boat on Dec 16th. Anyhow, at least I will on a boat and away from work. This is will be my first cruise this year, usually do two but family death changed one of my cruise plans.

Yes, you should get 14 points for the cruise. After this cruise, I will be Gold....then I am on the TA in April (21st) for 16 nights....which will put me to Platinum after that cruise....unless I cruise between Dec and April and make Platinum before the cruise

Sorry to hear about the family death.

Dec 9-16 will be my 5th cruise this year just since April. I normally only do 2 a year, but the deals were just to good to pass up

I didn't want a bunch of kids on the cruise. My tolerance for children just isn't real high anymore....esp when the parents don't make them behave.

Edited by arhillbilly

Always in the market for good solo rates. RCCL's Navigator of the Seas T-A (14 days) Barcelona to Galveston, Nov. 19, 2013 inside, catagory N for $1000 including taxes. Not the lease expensive or exciting itinerary, but a nice 2 week vacation!:)

Might have to look into this one after I get back from my cruise. Thanks for posting

I didn't want a bunch of kids on the cruise. My tolerance for children just isn't real high anymore....esp when the parents don't make them behave.

I feel the same way. Too bad so many parents now feel it is OK to take thiers out of school because they don't want to be on cruises with lots of kids:cool: The kid free cruises are getting few and far between.

I thought last year when I cruised b2b2b December 5,10 & 15 would be short of children but, the 15th was packed. Either schools let out really early or they just all start on vacation early. Our kids were still in school when I got home on the 20th

Edited by PINEVIEW01

Yes, you should get 14 points for the cruise. After this cruise, I will be Gold....then I am on the TA in April (21st) for 16 nights....which will put me to Platinum after that cruise....unless I cruise between Dec and April and make Platinum before the cruise

Sorry to hear about the family death.

Dec 9-16 will be my 5th cruise this year just since April. I normally only do 2 a year, but the deals were just to good to pass up

Thanks. I know the feeling about tolerance with kids. I prefer to not to have too many but the cruise price was too hard to pass up. Also, have been to the UK three times this year has left me with limited vacation. That is the reason for this date along with the fact that we have 1 1/2 weeks off work starting Dec 23rd, so don't go back to work after this cruise.

Would like to cruise or go some during our extended Xmas break but the rates are either double or near triple.

It would have cost me over $1400 to go the week of Xmas instead of $660 the week before. My mind tells me to save the money as I could get two cruises for the cost of cruising at Xmas.

Sounds like you will get to platinum status before me. Way to go!!!!!!

I have 32 points and after this cruise will be at 46 points which is two points short of platinum. I have a cruise in April which will add another 7 making me get the new status WOO WOO.

Edited by thescot123

While doing my bargain search to use the NextCruise certificate I got while on my thanksgiving cruise I found this....if my math is right, it is about a 35-40% supplement...of course, air fare has to be factored, but a good deal for 10 nights

Ship: Brilliance of the Seas

Sail Date: April 13, 2013

San Juan

St.Thomas

St. Maarten

7 days at sea

Lisbon, Portugal

Solo Price ranges:

Inside 418-518 (double occ 309-339)

Outside 698-958 (double occ 449-579)

Balcony 998-1238 (double occ 599-719)

I have a hold on an inside cabin, deck 9 and total price is 577.80

The lowest priced inside is 477.80 with all taxes and fees, and about 750-800 for outside.

More than likely booking today...

Thanks. I know the feeling about tolerance with kids. I prefer to not to have too many but the cruise price was too hard to pass up. Also, have been to the UK three times this year has left me with limited vacation. That is the reason for this date along with the fact that we have 1 1/2 weeks off work starting Dec 23rd, so don't go back to work after this cruise.

Would like to cruise or go some during our extended Xmas break but the rates are either double or near triple.

It would have cost me over $1400 to go the week of Xmas instead of $660 the week before. My mind tells me to save the money as I could get two cruises for the cost of cruising at Xmas.

Sounds like you will get to platinum status before me. Way to go!!!!!!

I have 32 points and after this cruise will be at 46 points which is two points short of platinum. I have a cruise in April which will add another 7 making me get the new status WOO WOO.

Yes the cruise price was to hard to pass up.....I did the exact same ports in Aug of last year...but on the Spirit instead of the Star. I wanted to "see" the Star before sailing on it in April 2013. Plus this cruise (Dec 9-16) is over my birthday, so that was the biggest reason. I would have loved to have cruised over Christmas, but like you, I just can't let go of 3 times the fare...like you, I think of that fare getting me 3 cruises instead of the one.

I also have been to Europe 3 times this year.

IF you booked your cruise in April at least 9 months out, you will get an extra point (double) for doing so. I have 40 points right now....after this cruise will have 54 and then IF I don't cruise anymore between now and April (which I really think I will end up doing :D) then I will start that cruise with 54 points, but since I booked it in May 2012 more than 9 months out and since it is a 16 night cruise, at the end of that cruise I will add another 32 points to my 54 points which will give me 86 points which will be more than enough to make Platinum. Not that Platinum is such a big deal, but there are a few nice perks ;)

While doing my bargain search to use the NextCruise certificate I got while on my thanksgiving cruise I found this....if my math is right, it is about a 35-40% supplement...of course, air fare has to be factored, but a good deal for 10 nights

San Juan

St.Thomas

St. Maarten

7 days at sea

Lisbon, Portugal

Solo Price ranges:

The lowest priced inside is 477.80 with all taxes and fees, and about 750-800 for outside.

You are correct. IF I did not have friends going on the NCL Star on a 16 night TA on April 21, I would have booked this one. The price is cheaper than what I am paying, but I just can't do it. I can't change because a few of us are going on another 7 night cruise after the TA....and this one would put us in to Europe before we needed to be there....maybe 2014....should I be that lucky... I know of at least 2 of my Face Book friends that have booked this....

San Juan

St.Thomas

St. Maarten

7 days at sea

Lisbon, Portugal

Solo Price ranges:

And....BOOKED. All total with prepaid gratuities for My Time Dining.....694.

Edited by JeffKoz

Jeff, great deal. Did you book air as yet?

Not yet...will probably do it after first of the year. I know I can beat the price ChoiceAir will give me, but I also had an experience of missed flights and missed cruise when I did my own one year....sooooo...thinking I will probably pay the extra for piece of mind, especially since it is international return trip.

Last Friday, I booked an inside cabin on the Vision of the Seas. Eastern Caribbean, 10 days, out of Ft. Lauderdale on Jan. 4. I think it was part of their weekly specials but the bottom line is I paid $650 and a few cents for solo occupancy. I guess it's all a matter of timing.

• 4 weeks later...
I just booked RCCL- Enchantment of the Seas-April 13, 2013-

12 day Caribbean Escape-oceanview cabin for $886.22 after savings certificate of $225. Also got an OBC. I think a very good deal!

Very good deal...I would have jumped on it if I was not already booked on the Brilliance 10 night TA on the same departure day. :p

Just browsing around today I found a fantastic deal on a spring 2013 TA--only thing is, not sure how much the airfare would be. But, ChoiceAir gave me a GREAT price on my flight to London for my November TA--way cheaper than I could get anywhere else--so I expect they'd have a decent option on this one too.

Anyhow, here's the deal (inside cabin):

RCCL Adventure of the Seas, 14 nights

Departs April 21 from San Juan

Ports: St. Thomas, St. Martin, St. Lucia, St. Kitts

Arrives Southampton England on May 5

$548 plus fees/taxes, total $634.06

Sooo tempting...

And, for what it's worth, I checked the Choice Air site (that's the flights you get through the cruise line if you sail on RCCL, Celebrity or Azamara) and flights for me (Tampa to San Juan, then London to Tampa) were only $638 earlier tonight if I remember correctly. So that makes it a very affordable cruise. Except that I'm really afraid I'd gain as much weight on that one as I did on my transatlantic cruise this fall...I think I need to do cruises with lots of port days to walk off the calories! :)

Edited by bottomfeeder