Rowers (Concept 2) on ships?

Bohemian

Is there a C2 on the Emerald Princess? Would love to know if it has a card reader too. Many thx. :)

I was on the Emerald last year and they didn't have a rower of any kind. Have a great cruise and let us know if you find a C2 on board. I was told that some cruise lines (who don't have them yet) are considering adding them to their ships.

I'll be on the Equinox on Friday and I'm pretty sure they'll have at least one C2D just like the Solstice. ;)

Edited by Bohemian

• 1 month later...

I'll be on the Equinox on Friday and I'm pretty sure they'll have at least one C2D just like the Solstice. ;)

Oops, I spoke too soon. There is no rowing machine on the Equinox, I guess not all ships are equal. :confused:

• 1 month later...

There are 2, count 'em t-w-o, C2s on the new Carnival Breeze--E's with PM4s. No one uses them. Or if they do it's those 2-5 minutes at 35 spm going 230-700 meters (someone did a 4 minute workout at a 41 spm averaging 34 watts:eek:). I finished a workout one day and went back to Memory to write down workout (didn't bring log card) and lo and behold the prior work out on the machine was the one I did 25 hours earlier. Usually there were one or two between but only saw one other 30 minute session and that was just over a 6K. I'll post a picture when I get them sorted out.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: There IS a C2 erg on board Caribbean Princess! It was great to see, but unfortunately I was prevented from using it on a couple of occasions by people ill-skilled for the task (i.e. pulling ~200 watts @ 30 spm). Nonetheless, it was great not to have to use the treadmill!

UPDATE: There IS a C2 erg on board Caribbean Princess! It was great to see, but unfortunately I was prevented from using it on a couple of occasions by people ill-skilled for the task (i.e. pulling ~200 watts @ 30 spm). Nonetheless, it was great not to have to use the treadmill!

That's a great news, thanks for the update. I wish Princess would consider adding rowers fleet wide.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just off the Ocean Princess. It's a smaller ship with a smaller gym but everything is there including one C2 - D rower. 4 of the 5 treadmills were working. Many cable loaded machines - most equipment was by Precor and a full set of dumbbells.

• 2 weeks later...
They had 2 C2 - E's on the Allure so I would expect the same on the Oasis. Let us know what you find out.

So, Oasis had one Model E. The tension on the handle was very low, the shock cord needs to be replaced, so it was not of much use to me. I've found that gyms often do not know how to take care of the C2.

So, Oasis had one Model E. The tension on the handle was very low, the shock cord needs to be replaced, so it was not of much use to me. I've found that gyms often do not know how to take care of the C2.

Thanks for getting back to us with the info. That's too bad the machine was in such a bad condition, did you mention it to one of the officers?

I just sold my 15 year old model C, it took less than 30 minutes after the ad was published. They're very popular. Now I can get a new model D with PM4. ;)

Thanks for getting back to us with the info. That's too bad the machine was in such a bad condition, did you mention it to one of the officers?

I just sold my 15 year old model C, it took less than 30 minutes after the ad was published. They're very popular. Now I can get a new model D with PM4. ;)

I didn't tell the staff, as I was afraid they would take it out of service completely and I was still able to use it - but not quite as effective. I still have my model C - it's about 18 years old and still kicking.

• 8 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Just back off the Silhouette and they do have a model - D in great working condition. Not too many people were using it so I got to spend a bit of quality time with it. :D

I'll make a list of all the ships that I know of that have the C2 machines.

so i hate to sound ridiculous... but I am one of those people who have no idea what to do on a rower, but love to try new things at a gym. We are going on the Caribbean and would love to know what to do so that you guys won't be making fun of me here!!!

You don't sound ridiculous at all. The Concept 2 rower is a piece of equipment that has to be used properly to get the full benefit of it. With proper technique, it safely provides a full body workout that you won't get on any other machine. (I should be selling these things... :D )

I think the fastest way for new users to understand how it works and how to use it is to watch a video on youtube. Since we can't post links here, when you get to the youtube site, just add 'concept 2 rowing technique' in the search field. The first 2 or 3 results that come up should give you a pretty good idea. Feel free to ask if you have any more questions.