Luggage Tags

Bigmike911

In another thread, a poster said that they had received their voyage information from Cunard and that there were luggage tags in the back.

It has been some time since my voyage information has contained luggage tags, I have to print them out, fold and staple them to the bags. After some thought I concluded that perhaps the reason I haven't gotten pre-printed tags is that I have for many years booked a guarantee rather than a specific cabin.

My conclusion is supposition, and what I hope I can get with this post is confirmation or not on my conclusion. Please feel free to post your experience and opinions.

Mike

We are sailing on Oct 6th with a friend. When I mentioned I printed my eticket and luggage tags she said she got her tags in the back of the booklet she received from Cunard. When I called Cunard, since we had not received nothing, they said they would send them. The rep said they might not have mailed them if they didn't have our address! Since our booking was through Cunard, though transferred to our TA, I know they had the address. Btw still nothing in the mail. Almost 3 weeks since they said they would mail.

We have found that if booked through a TA, Cunard send the info to the TA and you then depend on them passing them on to you.

Yes that is so, I got mine from my agent, when the mail started delivering after their Harvey break. The information included my voyage and excursion bookings.

It occurred to me, that they could generate the name information along with the booking code to easily look up the cabin at embarkation. But the tendency to move to self serve seems very strong with corporations these days. I still think the tags that need to be printed by the customer are tacky and a pain to deal with. Are you listening Cunard?

For what it's worth, I can contribute that we always book a specific cabin and have always received a "Pre-Voyage Documentation" booklet containing pre-printed luggage tags for the cabin we booked. That included crossings on QM2 in 2014, 2015, and 2016. In 2014, those tags were nothing more than several pages with one tag per page in black-and-white and in the same fold-and-staple format as was available for printing ourselves from the voyage personaliser. However in 2015 and 2016, the tags were printed four to a page, in color, perforated, on heavier stock, and able to serve as traditional luggage tags without the need for folding and stapling.

We did not choose the "go green" option as I believe it used to be called or the "create your e-brochure" option as it is currently called in the voyage personaliser to help ensure we received the booklet with the luggage tags.

Regards,

John

Edited by bluemarble

We have found that if booked through a TA, Cunard send the info to the TA and you then depend on them passing them on to you.

Both my friend and dh and I booked directly with Cunard by phone. Eventually the reservations were transferred to the TA. She got the mailing but we didn't.

Now I can't recall if I checked a box that would stop the mailing but that wasn't what I was told when I called. Oh well. Not really essential, though would have been nice. We printed out what we needed and looking forward to our trip.

I have not received the booklet in the post since 2014. I have two voyages coming up soon and the bookings were made and staterooms assigned almost a year ago. I did not check off anything that would indicate I wanted to print everything myself.

Several years ago I booked a guarantee and received luggage tags that were filled out with our names. The stateroom numbers were left blank for me to fill in when we got our assignments two weeks before the crossing.

The first time we received an e-ticket was for the QE2 in 2008.

We booked a P2 for a QE cruise this November through our TA around a year ago, and we got an upgrade due to a big price drop. This very morning our pre cruise booklet arrived, complete with 4 nice strong plastic tags inserted in the booklet.

Not the case for us, we use an agent and the booklet us sent direct from Cunard.

That's the case with us as well. On the cruise before last, I had inadvertently checked "e-brochure" and contacted my TA to get tags. He had to request through Cunard, but they were mailed directly from them. For our crossings earlier this year, the booklet & tags came from Cunard as well.

I think the old model where TA's would get all the hard copy documents and packets and assemble them (and sometimes add folders or trinkets from their agency) and mail them to their clients is no longer the case for most cruise lines.

We got our luggage tags a few weeks ago for our future cruise on QE at the end of October. They are at the back of the excursion booklet sent out to I assume those that book Select fare.

I stand to be corrected on this, but as majortom implies, here in the UK I am sure that these booklets with the luggage tags, are not received by those booking any type of "Saver" fares.

Perhaps someone will confirm this; it might throw some light on the process for those who have to print their own labels, and have not opted for the eco friendly e-documents.

We are on QE end of October, booked through a TA - we received our booklet with luggage labels directly from Cunard six weeks ago but my parents who are travelling with us have received nothing. As they do not have access to a computer I contacted Cunard who told me to print them myself, I said my parents would like a booklet and was told each one is made individually and would take at least three weeks. I have now printed out the tickets and labels for my parents but am non the wiser why they didn't get them but we did?

A key consideration is whether you checked the box to create an "e-brochure" in Voyage Personaliser. If you did, you will not receive a mailing with tags. I leave mine unchecked until I receive the tags a few weeks before sailing.

MarkBear is correct in what he says.

If you 'tick' the box to create an 'e-brochure' in your VP you will not receive a brochure detailing the shore excursions or Stateroom labels. We have just received our brochure from Cunard for our 'select' QE Malaga cruise in November.

Edited by gfs1ram

• 2 months later...

Point of reference: We are on the QM2 westbound crossing on December 15. I did not tick the "create e-brochure" box and we have yet to receive anything in the mail. Since we are leaving tomorrow (I have some work in the UK, and we are taking a few days vacation as well, before we board), probably won't be getting it in the mail in time for the trip.

Not a problem, as I have printed what we need.