Victory Dry Dock (& Cancellations) - Jan 2018

Canadian_J

We just received word that our Jan 4 2018 sailing on the Carnival Vista has been cancelled, as the ship is now scheduled into dry dock for the month of January 2018. Apparently letters started being sent out to guests last night, if you're thru a TA it may take another day or two to get yours, as always. They've offered us $25pp OBC as a gesture for the hassle. Not sure which sailings are impacted by this, but hope not too many people are inconvenienced.

VICTORY! Sorry about that, I just sailed Vista so I still have it on my mind.

Re-reading the letter that Carnival issued, it appears that the following Carnival Victory sailings are cancelled: Jan 4, 8, 12, 15, 19, and 22 of 2018.

VICTORY! Sorry about that, I just sailed Vista so I still have it on my mind.

Re-reading the letter that Carnival issued, it appears that the following Carnival Victory sailings are cancelled: Jan 4, 8, 12, 15, 19, and 22 of 2018.

That is much Longer than a normal dry dock. Interesting.....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Question - so when they cancel your cruise do they put you on another ship at the same time or is that credit used for a cruise at another time?

Apparently we can book a "comparable" cruise with our rate protected, so I assume that would be any other 4n sailing. Then we'll have an OBC of $25pp applied for that cruise. Though if we cancel, I'm not holding my breath on seeing that OBC. Up to us to decide what to do though, the letter says we can call Carnival for assistance, but I know what's available, just weighing some options now.

Whoa.

I'm on the Victory for a chartered cruise leaving 2/2/18. Looks like there will only be 2 cruises prior to our 10-day charter.

Interesting. Maybe we're going to get some of the new dining venues and such. Since all the cabins will have been redone prior to this dry dock, I have to assume this is going to be all about the public spaces. Makes me wish I could do a back-to-back!

Edited by Jobeth66

Whoa.

I'm on the Victory for a chartered cruise leaving 2/2/18. Looks like there will only be 2 cruises prior to our 10-day charter.

Interesting. Maybe we're going to get some of the new dining venues and such. Since all the cabins will have been redone prior to this dry dock, I have to assume this is going to be all about the public spaces. Makes me wish I could do a back-to-back!

All of this is very curious. We begin our charter on February 10, 2017 for 3 nights. We are supposed to be on the Victory. Will be interesting.

The Victory had a dry dock, mostly for mechanical checks and requirements, in 2015 and has had a rolling upgrade for cabins.

I believe ships are only required in for mechanicals every five years.

Having a dry dock in early 2018 for nearly 3 weeks would indicate some pretty significant changes.

Speculation can be a lot of fun. I'd be willing to bet on

A. Steakhouse

B. Some sort of "top hat" of additional premium cabins over the current sun deck / serenity area. or Havana themed if they intend to keep sailing Bahamas and Caribbean.

C. The opening up of the rear pool area (removing some glass) and usage of upper sun decks for a water park

All of this is very curious. We begin our charter on February 10, 2017 for 3 nights. We are supposed to be on the Victory. Will be interesting.

You're on the Victory 2/10/17 or 2/10/18? 2/10/17 is in a few weeks, and nothing's going to change between now and then.

2/10/18, the Victory is going to be at sea sailing from Aruba back to Miami. :)

The Victory had a dry dock, mostly for mechanical checks and requirements, in 2015 and has had a rolling upgrade for cabins.

Having a dry dock in early 2018 for nearly 3 weeks would indicate some pretty significant changes.

A. Steakhouse

That would be awesome. As would a few other restaurant locations - like Guy's Burgers and Blue Iguana.

B. Some sort of "top hat" of additional premium cabins over the current sun deck / serenity area. or Havana themed if they intend to keep sailing Bahamas and Caribbean.

This would be VERY interesting, since that would open up additional cabins for our charter, I would think. I have an aft wrap balcony now, and I doubt I would want to move - but more cabins for the chartering company would be a bonus, since this cruise pretty much always sells out.

C. The opening up of the rear pool area (removing some glass) and usage of upper sun decks for a water park

Meh. I couldn't care less about the water park stuff, since that's generally aimed at kids and we are an adults-only charter. No children allowed.

That would be awesome. As would a few other restaurant locations - like Guy's Burgers and Blue Iguana.

This would be VERY interesting, since that would open up additional cabins for our charter, I would think. I have an aft wrap balcony now, and I doubt I would want to move - but more cabins for the chartering company would be a bonus, since this cruise pretty much always sells out.

Meh. I couldn't care less about the water park stuff, since that's generally aimed at kids and we are an adults-only charter. No children allowed.

Adults only? How and where can I do something like that???

Sent from my Pixel XL using Forums mobile app

Adults only? How and where can I do something like that???

Well, this year's is on the Carnival Pride leaving out of Tampa on 2/5/17 but that one's completely booked. Next year's is on the Victory leaving out of Miami on 2/2/18, you're welcome to join us. There's only one catch - you just can't be offended by nudity. No one will force you to participate (it's clothing-optional, not nudity-required), but the vast majority of us will be nude for as much of the cruise as legally allowed. :)

Charter means it's a little pricier than the average cruise, but totally worth it to us!

Well, this year's is on the Carnival Pride leaving out of Tampa on 2/5/17 but that one's completely booked. Next year's is on the Victory leaving out of Miami on 2/2/18, you're welcome to join us. There's only one catch - you just can't be offended by nudity. No one will force you to participate (it's clothing-optional, not nudity-required), but the vast majority of us will be nude for as much of the cruise as legally allowed. :)

Charter means it's a little pricier than the average cruise, but totally worth it to us!

As a bonus, if you can adjust to the atmosphere, the parties, theme nights, extra activities and the awesome people will make a 'regular' cruise seem pretty 'meh'.

As a bonus, if you can adjust to the atmosphere, the parties, theme nights, extra activities and the awesome people will make a 'regular' cruise seem pretty 'meh'.

You got THAT right! :) I just have to figure out what to bring for next year's poker run, since apparently home-baked goodies aren't allowed to be brought on the ship, only packaged ones. :(

I literally had no idea this was a thing. How neat! I bet that's a lot fun.

I literally had no idea this was a thing. How neat! I bet that's a lot fun.

Yep. Last year's (2016) was on the Celebrity Constellation, which I loved. This year & next year are on Carnival - I haven't sailed on the Victory, but given the upgrades I'm definitely looking forward to it.

It is incredibly fun. I've never met a nicer group of people in my life, quite honestly, and have become fast friends with some of our sailing companions (as well as with some of our land-based resort companions, many of whom also show up on ship!) I have found that nudists are, on the whole, some of the most laid-back and friendly people you ever want to meet. We won't give you the shirt off our backs ( :) ) but we'll definitely have a drink and a chat and share an excursion and hang out with ya!

• 4 weeks later...

Go cruise on the Carnival Sensation. It's staterooms we're completely redone in 2010(it looks like the Conquest Class ship Staterooms now). It has 2.0 (Guy's Burger Joint, Blue Iguana Cantina, Red Frog Rum Bar, Alchemy Bar, Blue Iguana Cantina Bar, Cherry On Top, and Camp Ocean). These renovations will be completed by February 22nd, 2017

• 3 weeks later...
Yep. Last year's (2016) was on the Celebrity Constellation, which I loved. This year & next year are on Carnival - I haven't sailed on the Victory, but given the upgrades I'm definitely looking forward to it.

It is incredibly fun. I've never met a nicer group of people in my life, quite honestly, and have become fast friends with some of our sailing companions (as well as with some of our land-based resort companions, many of whom also show up on ship!) I have found that nudists are, on the whole, some of the most laid-back and friendly people you ever want to meet. We won't give you the shirt off our backs ( :) ) but we'll definitely have a drink and a chat and share an excursion and hang out with ya!

Hi Jobeth66 .

I was excited to see someone who is also on next years Victory charter. it is our first nudist cruise and we are really looking forward to it. still not sure what to pack lol . we have cruised Carnival several times with our next cruise this May on Vista. So it is nice that Victory will be getting some upgrades. Looking forward to February 2018.

Hi Jobeth66 .

I was excited to see someone who is also on next years Victory charter. it is our first nudist cruise and we are really looking forward to it. still not sure what to pack lol . we have cruised Carnival several times with our next cruise this May on Vista. So it is nice that Victory will be getting some upgrades. Looking forward to February 2018.

Welcome, welcome!! Come join us in the roll call, if you haven't already - K&RCurt who posted upthread will also be on the ship with us next year, they are an awesome couple. I'm psyched for next year's cruise and want it to be time to go already. :)

Packing is always tricky, if you're on the forums at BN, the theme nights will be posted as we get closer to the cruise, and you'll find some helpful advice on what to pack there for sure. I always overpack, and I tend to bring more on my nudist cruise than I do on a textile one. Silly, but there ya go. :)

• 7 months later...

A. Steakhouse

They will most likely put in guys burgers and tequila bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 4 weeks later...

Great to hear about possible renovations and enhancements to the ship. Sailing March 5. Only sailed once 12 years ago so I am basically a newbie. I have to admit it would be funny if we were on the Big Nude boat and didn't know. My wife's expression would be worth the "Mistake" ;).

Nick

Edited by georgiahiker