New Carnival Wedding Packages

If you have booked a Carnival wedding with the old package, you may want to look into the new packages they are offering. They are offering three different packages. I previously booked the Magic for a wedding in May 2018. With the old wedding package, the extra fees to have the wedding on Magic and during May, the add on pricing for the different tiers and DJ, I was looking to spend well over $4000. This new packages are cheaper and the Classic package includes the food and drink reception, and there are no extra fees to have it on a specific ship or during a certain month. I was able to cancel the wedding without penalty since I am outside the penalty period and rebook with the new package.

...I was able to cancel the wedding without penalty since I am outside the penalty period and rebook with the new package.

I saw the new packages but I haven't called to make the switch yet. The new packages are much better.

When you cancelled, were they able to transfer original payments and refund the difference or did they refund your original payment in full? If you were not able to transfer, did you have to make immediate payment in order to hold your spot?

Unfortunately no. They cancel with no penalty(provided you are far enough out) and then you pay for the new package. The good thing is they allow payments now(with a slight cost increase), so I had to put $644 down now and once I receive the refund(3-10 days) I plan on paying the rest off.

I saw the new packages but I haven't called to make the switch yet. The new packages are much better.

When you cancelled, were they able to transfer original payments and refund the difference or did they refund your original payment in full? If you were not able to transfer, did you have to make immediate payment in order to hold your spot?

They were not able to transfer payments and give me a refund of the difference. I had to pay immediately to hold my spot. Thankfully, we had the money on a credit card available. I'm going to put the funds back on the cc when my refund is processed. The savings alone was worth rebooking the wedding.

Thank you SOOOOO much HappyCruiser25!! I just saved over 800 bucks!! Made my Friday!!

You are welcome! I'm glad I caught it and was able to pass this great news along to my fellow future brides. My savings were over $1100...more money to have fun with on our cruise.

Thank you so much for this!! I will be calling tomorrow on my day off to switch it up! What did you guys originally have planned and then switched it too? I’m trying to remember what cost it was before, but I’m pretty sure i put down $3,000 already which completely covers it, it seems with the new booking!

• 2 weeks later...

May I ask how many guests you'll have? I booked with the last package and just got married last week...I'm sure it's too late now, but I'm wondering what the difference would be. I spoke to someone in the wedding department who told me that the new package price is just for the first 20 guests. She couldn't give me a price per person for additional guests and was a little cryptic.

We had 45 people, so it would have been more than the new package price for just 20, but we paid $16 per person for food and the $16 per person for drinks, which are now included.

We had a good time, but one hour for the reception went very fast!! Do the hour and a half if you can.

• 3 weeks later...
May I ask how many guests you'll have? I booked with the last package and just got married last week...I'm sure it's too late now, but I'm wondering what the difference would be. I spoke to someone in the wedding department who told me that the new package price is just for the first 20 guests. She couldn't give me a price per person for additional guests and was a little cryptic.

We had 45 people, so it would have been more than the new package price for just 20, but we paid $16 per person for food and the $16 per person for drinks, which are now included.

We had a good time, but one hour for the reception went very fast!! Do the hour and a half if you can.

I just booked the Classic Platinum package and they told me for additional people beyond the 20 it would be $40 for adults and $26 for kids 16 and under.

• 4 weeks later...

I need to look into this because I'm almost certain this new package will save us money. It's just finding the time to actually sit down and do it that's challenging. Does anyone have the previous brochure to compare?