italytoursharing.com

HockeyRob

Hello everyone! I am in the process of booking Med cruise and now it is time to choose a tour company in Italy. We will have two ports - Rome and Florence, so does it make sense to book both tours with one company? Will it help to arrange everything and probably get a discount?

You will have to do research on discounts with the Tour Companies you may be interested in. Some companies will give you a discount if you sign up for tours at 3 different ports of call. Also, you need to know whether you will dock in Livorno or La Spezia for Florence. If you feel comfortable with a particular tour company that gets good reviews, then you should be able to decide if you want to do business with them for both Ports of Call. If nothing else it will be convenient. Whatever you decide, have a wonderful time.

I have just started the researching and now I choose among different companies proposals. The thing that slightly disturbs me is that for this two ports I like tour programs of different companies but I am pretty sure that all my family would feel themselves a lot more comfortable doing buiseness with one company for several ports. Probably we should just take one group tour and one private tour with all the details arranged as we do like. I don't know yet...planning is fun but sometimes so confusing:confused:

And thanks for your recommendations!

Jane

I understand completely about the issues of planning tours for your cruise.We have used italytoursharing in 2014 for the Amalfi Coast and 2016 for Lucca and Florence. In both instances we were completely satisfied with the service and communication that they provided. If you decide to go with them, I don't think you'll be disappointed. Whatever you decide, have a wonderful trip!

I have just started the researching and now I choose among different companies proposals. The thing that slightly disturbs me is that for this two ports I like tour programs of different companies but I am pretty sure that all my family would feel themselves a lot more comfortable doing buiseness with one company for several ports. Probably we should just take one group tour and one private tour with all the details arranged as we do like. I don't know yet...planning is fun but sometimes so confusing:confused:

And thanks for your recommendations!

Jane

We used one company for two ports and a second company for the third port, although as others have indicated, you can get a discount when using one company for three tours. Also, the wonderful thing about private tours is your ability to tailor it to your liking. We've changed our minds many times while in the midst of a tour, along with the agreement of others on our smaller tours, and decided to do this instead of that last minute. You do not have to adhere to a rigid format. For example, while in Rome it was raining hard, so our driver basically indicated that it would be a big mistake to try to see some of the outdoor sites. This is after we had already toured the Colosseum and now looked like a bunch of drenched rats, so he asked us all if we would like to go to his friend,s restaurant, known as an ostoria, and we jumped at the chance. We were served a five course meal, which included alcohol, for 20€ pp. It was a hole in the wall, and they made the most fantastic food for the eight of us. The place was packed We were done after two hours and whisked to the Vatican, where me met our private tour guide who expedited our entrance into the Vatican.

But I can tell you, the thing that my husband and I still talk about is that impromptu lunch in Rome. As they say, when in Rome...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

We used Joe Banana Tours from the Civitavecchia, Italy Port to our Rome hotel and were extremely satisfied. They were prompt, professional, courteous and had a spotless vehicle! I highly recommend using their service from the port to your Rome destination.

I would like to book Italytoursharing but if you set it up will you be on the hook to pay the entire amount if you don't get others to join. Thats what worries me it.

You will be on the hook to pay for what the cost is for two people if no one else joins. You are able to cancel the tour several days before the tour date; go to their website and read what it says.

We booked four upcoming tours with them and three are sold out, the last with only two spots left

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 5 weeks later...
I would like to book Italytoursharing but if you set it up will you be on the hook to pay the entire amount if you don't get others to join. Thats what worries me it.

I booked three tours with italytoursharing for our upcoming Med. cruise (June 12). They have been wonderful at responding immediately to every question or concern! Truly professional!

Our roll call is very small so it's been hard to fill the tours and we're only a week away. You can always start a group and, if it does not fill (or at least close to full), you have the option to cancel up to 7 days prior to date of tour.

Right now, I have a tour with 7, one with 5, and one with just the three of us.

We have never used their shared tours, but have booked private tours with JoeBanana (italytoursharing).

We were supposed to port in Amalfi but sea was rough so we docked in Naples on the day of our Amalfi Coast Tour.

Our driver was waiting for us with a sign as we exited the ship in Naples! He was so delightful and made our day one of the best we have had in any port.

He drove us all the way up to Positano, touring along the way. He also took us to a wonderful restaurant in the hills of Positano for dinner (our ship was docked in Naples overnight) and then drove us all the way back to Naples for no additional charge, even though it was a 2hr drive back to Naples and we didn't get back til 11pm. We gave him a big tip!

I would highly recommend this company and will use them again and again.

We had an absolutely fabulous day with our guide Giovanni! He was the most energetic person I have ever met and he was so excited for us to experience Italy! His love for the area was infectious and we wished we could have spent more of our days with him. The tour was perfect and we did everything we wanted to do. The 4 hours of free time we spent exporting Cinque Terre was amazing!! For the limited time we had in port, it was the perfect amount of time. When we saw the huge cruise ship groups being herded around in huge crowds, we were even more glad that we chose to go with Joe Banana Tour Sharing. We were with 5 other people, but as their own group they did their own thing and we did ours. It was essentially a private tour for 1/3 of the cost of the cruise ship excursion.

It was without a doubt one of the best tours we have ever had and our best day on the whole cruise.

This is the best tour company!! We've experienced Lucca, Rome and Capri on three tours and these have been the best we've ever had. I wish we would have booked all of our tours through them

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...

Another very satisfied customer here! We booked three tours with italytoursharing and were extremely satisfied with their service!

Knighthunder...we had Luigi also for our Florence and Pisa tour last month!! What a gentleman and such attention to detail!

We just took the night tour of Rome through joe banana limos also known as italytoursharing.com. I highly recommend this if you are staying in Rome or your ship is docked for the night. It was so scenic and romantic that my son proposed to his gal on this tour!! So happy!!!

Thank you again to italytoursharing.com

They have always had the top notch drivers/ guides❤️❤️❤️

• 2 months later...
We just took the night tour of Rome through joe banana limos also known as italytoursharing.com. I highly recommend this if you are staying in Rome or your ship is docked for the night. It was so scenic and romantic that my son proposed to his gal on this tour!! So happy!!!

Thank you again to italytoursharing.com

They have always had the top notch drivers/ guides❤️❤️❤️

I certainly agree with Brenda. We have used ItalyTourSharing.com several times in Italy and they are absolutely the best in not only prices but services as well. We are using them for two upcoming cruises in 2018. Happy to answer any questions one might have.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Copman

That is great!! Ive tried a number of tours now in Italy and italytoursharing.com is awesome and I keep going back. I am so glad you had a great experience like I did.

I am actually looking into my next cruise in June. i will be using italytoursharing.com again.

I have found a great tour company in Dubrovnik as well as it seems the cruises I take always hit Dubrovnik and Italy. I will post on the Croatia Forum about them. But also going back to Greece next year. Im so excited!!

Brenda

• 3 weeks later...

This actually has happened to me twice.

One with a different company and they charged me and once with italytoursharing.com and they did not charge me.

italytoursharing.com is very good to deal with and understand that sometimes people get sick etc and don't show up. Definitely one to the top tour companies to deal with and highly recommended on this board. This is how I found them. Love cruise critic.

I was worried about that too because when u organize stuff, you want everything to work out. I have even prepaid many tours and actually have never had an issue with people paying me back.