DV1 cabins aft

Elizabetho55

We are booked in a DV1 cabin which is aft (I’m not a sailor but I think that’s the term for the back of the ship [emoji3]). These cabins have a 180 view off the back of the ship which sounded appealing. We are trying to decide on an upgrade which would move us to either port or starboard without the 180 view. Has anyone stayed in the DV1 cabins aft? Is the view worth staying there instead of an upgrade?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are booked in a DV1 cabin which is aft (I’m not a sailor but I think that’s the term for the back of the ship [emoji3]). These cabins have a 180 view off the back of the ship which sounded appealing. We are trying to decide on an upgrade which would move us to either port or starboard without the 180 view. Has anyone stayed in the DV1 cabins aft? Is the view worth staying there instead of an upgrade?

All Deluxe Verandas have the same sq footage.( DV6-DV1) Dv 1 being the most expensive because of location on the ship.

I love aft cabins , not only for the expansive view but also the view of the wake at night. I usually booked an aft cabin when I sailed Celebrity.

I could only afford a DV 3, closest to the aft , for my Viking sailing last March. ( 5106)

If you are upgrading to the PV then you will have more sq. footage and some more perks, but not the aft view.

It is your preference .

What is most important to you in selecting a cabin?

We love the aft cabins too. The view is awesome. Our upcoming cruise we have a back side cabin. I wanted the aft cabin but the cost was higher so we opted for the less expensive cabin near the back. Last room before the very back.

We were very lucky. We booked in January when they had the buy V1 and upgrade to highest available cabin up to DV1. I guess we booked early enough and the agent said those cabins were always sought after and there were only 6 on the ship.

I NEVER heard anyone in an aft suite or cabin complain BUT we had a lot of soot sometimes up at the aft pool...perhaps it never gets any lower. This was on the WC and I think I am correct in saying we were burning cheap fuel much of the time when transiting and that may be what caused the soot. It did come out in the wash!

Elizabeth, what is the upgrade that you are talking about that would move you to the side of the ship? I do love aft cabins, but if the upgrade is to a PV for the same price I'd do it in a minute. They are much better than the DV...much more storage space and a nice couch. We had a DV and it was fine, our friends had a PV and it was great! In the DV the closet is in the wrong place (next to the bed). The PV it's in the hall. If you are talking about just staying in a DV, I'd keep the aft any day!!

Elizabeth, what is the upgrade that you are talking about that would move you to the side of the ship? I do love aft cabins, but if the upgrade is to a PV for the same price I'd do it in a minute. They are much better than the DV...much more storage space and a nice couch. We had a DV and it was fine, our friends had a PV and it was great! In the DV the closet is in the wrong place (next to the bed). The PV it's in the hall. If you are talking about just staying in a DV, I'd keep the aft any day!!

I will second this motion. I didn’t realize what a difference there would be. We had a DV4 and got an upgrade to a PV1 and it was fantastic! We had so much space. I love an aft cabin, but I would take a side PV no question.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We had a DV1 for the West Indies Cruise last year. I completely agree that the views are amazing BUT we got very little use out of it because we had no seadays. I would not book it again unless we were doing a transatlantic where the seadays would make it worth it.

The cabin itself was fine.

We love the aft cabins. If you are going to be sailing any fjords, I would recommend them. You get a fantastic view of both sides of the fjord.

We are doing Into The Midnight Sun which is the reason I’m debating. We want to be viewing the Fjords every chance we get. A 180 degree view aft is much better than one from either port or starboard. Morning coffee and Fjords! What could be better?

I will second this motion. I didn’t realize what a difference there would be. We had a DV4 and got an upgrade to a PV1 and it was fantastic! We had so much space. I love an aft cabin, but I would take a side PV no question.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are in DV1 so the upgrade would be PV.

Elizabeth for free? I'd do it in a minute!

I think we will be staying with the aft DV1. We prefer the 180 view over more space. We are going to see glaciers and scenery so we think this cabin gives us more of a view for what we want. The PV would be nice but not this time.

I've stayed in aft cabins many many many times and turned down an upgrade to a side Jr Suite on RCI once. However the RCI cabin was larger and better laid out than the DV on Viking..I'd go for the PV. But that's me. The downside to the aft is that you see where you've been not where you are going. If you have ports with awesome views going in is be on the side 9r up at Explorers Lounge.