Platinums, what the heck is wrong with you??

Carol1560

Wanted to vent a little, and I think that it needs to be said.

Well my hubby and me(25 plus cruises) love the benefit of self disembarkment whenever the cruise ship docks at its end.

We always get up early clear out of the room and like to get down to the "assigned" area to wait for the ship to be cleared for disembarkment by customs. We have been platinum members for quite a while.

What is wrong with people who saunder down to the area at the last minute and think that they can stand in front of you and get off the ship before you??? We are all adults right? Well today I decided that I would make them famous by taking their pictures and telling them I was gonna post their pictures as line cutters.

I dont think you should have to even have a conversation with adults, cause they know. One of the line cutters told me that she had it done to her before and she didnt like it. Why would she do that then?? Are people getting more stupid??

Thanks

Well my hubby and me(25 plus cruises) love the benefit of self disembarkment whenever the cruise ship docks at its end.

We always get up early clear out of the room and like to get down to the "assigned" area to wait for the ship to be cleared for disembarkment by customs. We have been platinum members for quite a while.

What is wrong with people who saunder down to the area at the last minute and think that they can stand in front of you and get off the ship before you??? We are all adults right? Well today I decided that I would make them famous by taking their pictures and telling them I was gonna post their pictures as line cutters.

I dont think you should have to even have a conversation with adults, cause they know. One of the line cutters told me that she had it done to her before and she didnt like it. Why would she do that then?? Are people getting more stupid??

Thanks

How horrible that the people who come later and are unable to get past the people who are crowded at the entrance with luggage blocking the way are forced to wait in the hallway.

Not sure what posting their pictures and trying to publicly shame them will do. Some people are inconsiderate, that’s been the way of the world for quite some time. It’s unfortunate, but in the grand scheme of things does it really negatively impact your life significantly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why worry yourself over such unnecessary things? All it will do is raise your blood pressure. You don't get a ship on a stick for being the 1st one off the ship. Let it go and don't worry about it and your day will be a heck of a lot less stressful.

While I do find this frustrating, it does get very cramped and getting past all those by the door can be difficult for the late arrivals. In the grand scheme of things, these people "line jumpers" are beating me out the door by what 10 minutes?

The far more frustrating thing for me is all these people with their GIGANTIC LUGGAGE that can't manage it and drop it, trip me, run me over, plow over everyone and oh yea, wait until the last minute when they are standing at the door to try to "find" their sail and sign card for 10 minutes because they can't remember where they put it!

Sorry guys, if you can't handle your luggage and be ready with everything you need to go out the door right at hand - DON'T DO SELF ASSIST!

Thanks

I save all that frustration by not waking up until 8am or so, clearing our room around 830am and having breakfast at the buffet. Then we sit on the lido enjoying the last moments waiting for last call to get off the ship.

We are able to walk right off (and we carry on our own luggage, so no looking for at after).

Thanks

While I agree with your frustration, I disagree with your proposed way of handling line-cutters. To deliberately take a photo of someone without their express permission and then post it online for the purpose of shaming them, to me, is itself shameful.

I remember the days when a newspaper was loathe to publish a photo with recognizable faces of bystanders without their written permission. Perhaps, I am old fashioned.

In short, two "wrongs" don't make a "right": The line-cutting (if intentional) is wrong, but so is posting their photos IMHO. Food for thought.

I used to get a kick from being able to sign up for Luggage express. We got lots of "death stares" from passengers doing self assist with all their luggage in tow, waiting, impatiently, to get through to customs as we strolled past those waiting.

Ah, the good old days, eh?

(I know this comment wasn't called for, but..........) ;p

Why worry yourself over such unnecessary things? All it will do is raise your blood pressure. You don't get a ship on a stick for being the 1st one off the ship. Let it go and don't worry about it and your day will be a heck of a lot less stressful.

Agree totally. While I am often at a loss for words at the inconsideration of so many people these days, I try not to let it raise my blood pressure. I always remind myself, no matter how bothered I am by their inconsideration, that I must not allow myself descend to the level of that selfish person because then I would be no better off and neither would anyone else. Having said that, I am hoping that the pendulum will start to swing back towards people practicing their manners again.

It's even worse when you're solo and people think they can just walk around you because there's more space around you. While disembarking down the ramp towards customs on my last cruise this impatient guy tried to squeeze right past me while going around the curve of the ramp. I moved over quickly and blocked him and received the most evil look in return and I didn't care. I can't stand those types who think they're special! When you walk just hold out your bags and block em!

What does being Platinum have to do with the rant? There will always be rude people trying to be the first in line anywhere. Not worth raising your blood pressure over it. DH and I sit and wait in the special needs area on the last morning because I need a wheelchair to go the long distance from the ship to our car at Valet parking. It is amazing at the number of people trying to do self assist with so much luggage they can barely wrangle it and bump into people around them. Also, the number of people trying to get off the ship who are not Platinums/Diamonds or self assists and they are directed back to the appropriate decks to wait. Hats off to the Carnival staff who good naturedly redirect them. There are non-special needs passengers who haul their luggage to our area and sit, totally disregarding the very obvious signs saying it is a special needs area. Again, the staff politely tell them what the area is for and they are redirected to their proper staging areas.

<<There are non-special needs passengers who haul their luggage to our area and sit, totally disregarding the very obvious signs saying it is a special needs area. Again, the staff politely tell them what the area is for and they are redirected to their proper staging areas>>

And how do you know who is special needs and who isn't? Are you polling each one? FYI, I am Deaf and unless you spoke directly to me, you wouldn't know it. So next time you accuse someone of hauling their luggage into YOUR area, please keep this in mind. Not everyone's special needs is immediately visible to you.

It's even worse when you're solo and people think they can just walk around you because there's more space around you. While disembarking down the ramp towards customs on my last cruise this impatient guy tried to squeeze right past me while going around the curve of the ramp. I moved over quickly and blocked him and received the most evil look in return and I didn't care. I can't stand those types who think they're special! When you walk just hold out your bags and block em!

You block someone’s path only for the sake of not letting them by you, even though there’s room and they might be moving quicker and more efficiently?

Classy. Move up and occupy the space in front of you to avoid this in the future. My wife and I will happily pass you or any other single if they aren’t moving at a decent pace. Stay with the line and all this is moot. No?

You block someone’s path only for the sake of not letting them by you, even though there’s room and they might be moving quicker and more efficiently?

Classy. Move up and occupy the space in front of you to avoid this in the future. My wife and I will happily pass you or any other single if they aren’t moving at a decent pace. Stay with the line and all this is moot. No?

So you're justifying line cutting then?! And FYI i'm not old, I carry one bag and move very quickly. But there's always those that still just HAVE to go faster and get ahead. And yes, those people I will happily block.

Thanks

ok........

Z

I believe that the OP was just 'threatening' to post the pictures, I didn't read in their comment that they actually intended to follow through on it.

I tend to get very annoyed with people who don't believe they're required to stand in line like the rest of us and will jump ahead just because they can. I will keep pace with the group in front exiting the ship, but I also don't want to walk on people's heels! And for some, if I leave 3 feet between me and the person in front of me as we're walking, that indicates that they should be able to squeeze in front of me and crowd that person in front of me!

While I may not be able to avoid your rudeness, I definitely won't give you the same courtesy I was giving the person you're now behind! I'll cram up as close behind you as I can... PLEASE say something to me!

(Ahh, who am I kidding! I'm too passive aggressive! Even if you said something to me I'd just probably ignore you rather than get into a verbal battle about it!)