Is Club class worth it?

potchak

Decided to go with it! This is a once in a lifetime trip for us with the cruise tour, so thought it was a good choice. The priority embarkation will be nice too because I think we are arriving around 11 am to the port

Well this all depends. If you disembark in Whittier for Anchorage you may disembark early, but wind up waiting on the Princess buses for them to fill up before they start off on the drive. May not be a perk so to speak.

We are Elite and have been sailing in suites so Club Class Dining is a nice bonus for us. I will report back on how it is implemented on the Pacific Princess since there is only one MDR on that ship.

We are Elite and have been sailing in suites so Club Class Dining is a nice bonus for us. I will report back on how it is implemented on the Pacific Princess since there is only one MDR on that ship.

It looks like Club Class dining on the Pacific Princess will be taking over one of the specialty restaurants on deck 10 and will not be in the MDR. If true, those of us in Club Class will have a fabulous view with our meals. So looking forward to this June trip.

It looks like Club Class dining on the Pacific Princess will be taking over one of the specialty restaurants on deck 10 and will not be in the MDR. If true, those of us in Club Class will have a fabulous view with our meals. So looking forward to this June trip.

That is what was reported on a live-from thread from Pacific based on onboard scuttlebut.

But the presumed official policy from Princess is the following:

http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/club-class-dining/

YOUR TABLE IS WAITING FOR YOU

Dine on your own schedule and enjoy expedited seating with no wait.

Club Class Dining is available for breakfast and dinner daily as well as lunch on sea days. Anytime Dining is not available on Pacific Princess but Club Class guests will have first priority in choosing their preferred seating time for Club Class Dining.

For $400 you could have eaten at one of the specialty restaurants every night for 7 nights based on $50 per night for (2 people) times 7 nights = $350

For the extra $50 you also get a reserved section of the MDR with the same servers every day for breakfast and sea day lunch. A steal in my book.

Not really sure what the big deal really is. If your elite, you already get a lot of the befits. Also as for the dinning, I've always done traditional dinning, therefore I am still getting the same table and waiters each evening. For me personally, Its not worth anything to have to spend an extra $400. I agree the ones who mentioned they would have kept the Emerald cabin, I like the covered balcony.

Not really sure what the big deal really is. If your elite, you already get a lot of the befits. Also as for the dinning, I've always done traditional dinning, therefore I am still getting the same table and waiters each evening. For me personally, Its not worth anything to have to spend an extra $400. I agree the ones who mentioned they would have kept the Emerald cabin, I like the covered balcony.

Same here. I'm already Elite so why would I need an extra entree on the menu? We already eat late (about 8:30) Anytime Dining and walk right in the dining room. So $400 for an entree? Whatever.

Same here. I'm already Elite so why would I need an extra entree on the menu? We already eat late (about 8:30) Anytime Dining and walk right in the dining room. So $400 for an entree? Whatever.
For us a CC mini was about $400 extra total for both of us for a 14 night cruise. That was a no-brainer for us, but note that it was booked right after CC was announced, and prices have gone up since.

For me it's location.

But how long is the cruise?

$400 for 8 nights, probably not

$400 for 16 nights, definitely.

$400 for 7 nights. But remember, this is a once in a lifetime trip for us with the cruise tour, so I like the amenities it comes with.

Quote: "Anytime Dining is not available on Pacific Princess but Club Class guests will have first priority in choosing their preferred seating time for Club Class Dining."

Defeats the concept of Club Class Dining. The idea was to eat when you wish not a set time, along with a designated section and entrance, plus additional items on the menu and table side preparation.

I've seen Club Class on the Emerald and how it functions. In addition to the above, the tables are set with gray linen, napkins and nicer settings. Majority of the tables were for two and then four diners. Fancier than the MDR area (thought it was pretty cool).

Having been on the Pacific Princess in the past, I just can't see how it would work in a traditional dining setting. But maybe they figured something out. I'll find out real soon since we will be on her the beginning of June.

We just experienced CC on the Emerald two weeks ago (got an upsell to an aft suite - wonderful). We had access to CC dining and it was very nice to just walk right up and be seated but we've never had too long of a wait on Princess becuase we tend to eat later. But, I don't think I would pay the up charge for this benefit. It's like getting upgraded to first class on a plane. It's wonderful when it happens but I would never pay the price of a first class ticket.

We were thoroughly impressed with Club Class. Ordered the special entree most nights and OH BOY were they amazing.

I was expecting a table-side cooked pasta, but was completely wrong. Every night was a spin on one of the mains in the dining room, the night they had shrimp, we had HUGE scallops, with polenta (who knew corn grits could be so decedent? RAVE). Another night, main had sirloin steak, while we received New York strip. Every single night was an amazing surprise. One time our food and beverage supervisor Nicola, had planned an entree, but the protein wasn't up to his standard, so was changed after ordering. Everything was cooked to perfection, hot foods HOT, cold foods ICY.

Our smallest whim was immediately addressed. One night I wanted the brussel sprouts from a different entree as my appetizer. Nicola had the servers bring fresh brussel sprouts and cooked them for me, another night I wanted extra asparagus. Same situation.

We used to go to the crown grill several times during the cruise, now we only go to the free suite one on the first night as the club class dining was so impressive.

Don't get me wrong, I felt like an impostor. We are working class, but since we discovered the window suites, those are cheaper than most mini-suites, with 1 1/2 times the size, and 3 times the size of a standard inside or oceanview, no balcony, but I'd rather have the space inside. We travel with at least one of our adult children (next cruise has both of them, I guess we'll figure out the sleeping arrangements).

I burst the zipper on my dress on a formal night, moments after we were seated, never felt more redneck. Nylon side zipper, you know how easy they pop. Ate dinner, with a napkin tucked into my underarm. Returned the napkin after going back to the room and easily popping the zipper back. What's strange is the dress was looser than it's been in years, I guess when I picked up my dropped napkin it was the wrong angle.

But I'm getting off track. Club Class, LOVE IT. Then again, I'd sleep in a crew members closet to get on a ship!

Quote: "Anytime Dining is not available on Pacific Princess but Club Class guests will have first priority in choosing their preferred seating time for Club Class Dining."

Defeats the concept of Club Class Dining. The idea was to eat when you wish not a set time, along with a designated section and entrance, plus additional items on the menu and table side preparation.

I've seen Club Class on the Emerald and how it functions. In addition to the above, the tables are set with gray linen, napkins and nicer settings. Majority of the tables were for two and then four diners. Fancier than the MDR area (thought it was pretty cool).

Having been on the Pacific Princess in the past, I just can't see how it would work in a traditional dining setting. But maybe they figured something out. I'll find out real soon since we will be on her the beginning of June.

Please let us know how CC is on the Pacific Princess, we are on the sailing after you.

We were thoroughly impressed with Club Class. Ordered the special entree most nights and OH BOY were they amazing.

I was expecting a table-side cooked pasta, but was completely wrong. Every night was a spin on one of the mains in the dining room, the night they had shrimp, we had HUGE scallops, with polenta (who knew corn grits could be so decedent? RAVE). Another night, main had sirloin steak, while we received New York strip. Every single night was an amazing surprise. One time our food and beverage supervisor Nicola, had planned an entree, but the protein wasn't up to his standard, so was changed after ordering. Everything was cooked to perfection, hot foods HOT, cold foods ICY.

Our smallest whim was immediately addressed. One night I wanted the brussel sprouts from a different entree as my appetizer. Nicola had the servers bring fresh brussel sprouts and cooked them for me, another night I wanted extra asparagus. Same situation.

We used to go to the crown grill several times during the cruise, now we only go to the free suite one on the first night as the club class dining was so impressive.

Don't get me wrong, I felt like an impostor. We are working class, but since we discovered the window suites, those are cheaper than most mini-suites, with 1 1/2 times the size, and 3 times the size of a standard inside or oceanview, no balcony, but I'd rather have the space inside. We travel with at least one of our adult children (next cruise has both of them, I guess we'll figure out the sleeping arrangements).

I burst the zipper on my dress on a formal night, moments after we were seated, never felt more redneck. Nylon side zipper, you know how easy they pop. Ate dinner, with a napkin tucked into my underarm. Returned the napkin after going back to the room and easily popping the zipper back. What's strange is the dress was looser than it's been in years, I guess when I picked up my dropped napkin it was the wrong angle.

But I'm getting off track. Club Class, LOVE IT. Then again, I'd sleep in a crew members closet to get on a ship!

Thank you for your thorough review. Eagerly anticipating CC Dining on our Pacific Princess sailing.