Princess Visa Card Points Question

nukesubsailor

Well, I just called customer service after 2 weeks to check to see why my points hadn't been doubled yet and I was pretty much "blown" off. The service rep told me that I would get my OBC by Sept 2, when I cruise. They were "working" on it. When I asked HOW? I got no response. So I said, "I guess my only option at this time is to be patient because the ball is in your court".

I was told to check back by the 1st of August, then she said the middle of July.

I am beyond aggravated. I have gotten credit immediately with several past cruise purchases. Unsure what to do because I feel that I may not get my $500 (I am 4000 short of 40,000). Does anyone have any suggestions besides "wait"? I called 866-928-3106. I am afraid if I get snippy they may do nothing and I am screwed.

All I can think of is that you mentioned using a travel agent to book your cruise, even though you said your card statement says "Princess cruise passages". If it wasn't booked directly through Princess there might be a glitch somewhere that is holding it up. Is your travel agent aware of the problem? It could be the way they booked it. I had booked our cruise on the Princess website and it took two weeks for them to correct the double points issue. Sorry you are having to deal with this. I would just keep calling them every week until your points are corrected, or until they figure out what is causing the problem on their end. And do the complaint form on the Barclay's website too (which you probably already did).

We use our costco Visa Card. Get 3% for all travel(cruises, hotels, air ) . Love that big check we get every February. It more than pays for a cruise. (4% for gas, 3% travel, 2% for eating out, and 1 % everywhere else). We cruise often and it really adds up. Never have any problem with them crediting wrong percentages.

I wouldn't like to have to fight for my benefits.

We use our costco Visa Card. Get 3% for all travel(cruises, hotels, air ) . Love that big check we get every February. It more than pays for a cruise. (4% for gas, 3% travel, 2% for eating out, and 1 % everywhere else). We cruise often and it really adds up. Never have any problem with them crediting wrong percentages.

We do the same. I wouldn't put up with the hassles using these cruise line point cards as reported here. Cash back is so much simpler. And, another thing, cash is always combinable with any promotion.

Hi,

I usually automatically receive the double points for Princess purchases. After reading these posts, I decided to check my most recent statement. I purchased some shore excursions on the Princess website early this month for a future cruise and did not receive the double points. I called the number above and they agreed to add the missing points to my account.

Thanks for the information! :)

Chuck

Same issue here! I charged all the shipboard expenses to the Princess Visa and it appeared on the statement with only ONE point per dollar.

I also feel that the person on the phone was someone who was "outsourced" and had no clue what my gripe was but rather read from a "script". No one ever called me back and i had to call many times to find out what was going on. Suddenly it was fixed but again I had received no call or letter of the outcome. This is horrible and there should definitely be some credit for the time wasted on resolving and issue that should have never happened in the first place!

The princess card seems to have to many problems for me. Do you need to book through Costco travel to get the 3 % or can I use my regular TA? Thanks for any feed back guys.

Add me to the issue of not getting the double points for Princess Cruise purchase. :mad: I sent messages on line and basically got told the "30 day wait" to see if the points get rectified.

I got this stupid card because of the double point for Princess purchases. If they aren't going to do it then I'm going elsewhere.

This IMHO is a programming glitch in their software that they still haven't fixed. My purchase was 3 weeks ago in June.

The princess card seems to have to many problems for me. Do you need to book through Costco travel to get the 3 % or can I use my regular TA? Thanks for any feed back guys.

Don't need to book through Costco. Any travel agency or direct with cruise line, hotels, private excursions, Princess excursions or any Princess charges, will get the 3% on the CitiCard Costco .

Don't need to book through Costco. Any travel agency or direct with cruise line, hotels, private excursions, Princess excursions or any Princess charges, will get the 3% on the CitiCard Costco .

Thanks...that looks like the solution for me. Cheers.

When it works, it provides a 4% return if you use it exclusively for Princess purchases. This is based on 2x the points on Princess purchases and 2% back if you use it to pay over 4K in Princess purchases within the appropriate time period.

However, that said, our remaining statement charges on our last cruise in April and our payoff this month on our next cruise both took an email to customer service to get the double points. I never called, just hit the email button on my online account and explained the date and charge. Both times the additional points showed up within 14 days. Though you shouldn't need to do that, it worked out quickly for me without time on the phone.

Hope that helps. Safe Journeys, Paul

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Update....got my points posted on 6/30. This was exactly 30 days after the initial charge so I was able to get $500 OBC for my September cruise. But, I am still waiting on another 625 to be doubled from 6/9. Not sure what is going on but I am going to keep this card for 1 more cruise that I have booked after the September cruise and then I will seriously consider getting rid of it.

I have used the same TA for all my past cruises when using the Princess Visa and never had a problem until this cruise. All I could do was wait it out because they(Barclay Card) were not going to budge adding those points. I called twice and also send a message via the website.

I did cash out at the 4% level once- took a 20 minute phone call. One has to decide if getting(or attempting to get ) the 4% is worth the trouble verses a seamless 3% card. I think I have made my decision.

I called the customer service number today. The representative immediately saw the problem and told me how many points I should have gotten vs what was given. Then she gave me the case number and said it would take 7-10 days to correct and it should all show properly on my next statement.

I asked her if she could also pass along that this isn't a new problem- that there is a programming error that has been going on for a couple of months at least and to please let her management know that the issue is being discussed on social media by many who are having the same issue. She said she would include that in her report.

Hopefully they will get it fixed soon because I like the card but I really don't want to have to do this repeatedly.

The princess card seems to have to many problems for me..

I have happily had this as my primary card since the card was introduced and have never had any problems until the latest glitch with the points. That said, it is disappointing that this clearly has been going on for a couple of months and they still haven't corrected the root problem and that does make me consider other card options.

We will see how they handle this and if they have it corrected moving forward... That will decide it for me.

I have happily had this as my primary card since the card was introduced and have never had any problems until the latest glitch with the points. That said, it is disappointing that this clearly has been going on for a couple of months and they still haven't corrected the root problem and that does make me consider other card options.

We will see how they handle this and if they have it corrected moving forward... That will decide it for me.

There has been problems with the rewards program since they switched to the new program last fall. My 1st email complaint to them was last November when all my eligible Princess purchases were not listed among those I could redeem points against. I too have had them on the phone and gotten them to give me the double points when they only showed one point per dollar for a Princess purchase BUT the points only showed up in the total points block on the statement, not in the individual transaction line on the statement.

I wish everyone who has this credit card would let Princess know this needs to get fixed and soon. Obviously notifying Barclays doesn't get anything fixed. I can't imagine why this is so hard to fix. If nothing else, just return to the original rewards program software.